Author Topic: The Implosion Is Nearly Complete...  (Read 2776 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
The Implosion Is Nearly Complete...
« on: September 27, 2011, 08:35:48 AM »
2-10 to start the season.  9-16 in September.  9 game WC lead blown in a mere 3 1/2 weeks.

Soon....

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Re: The Implosion Is Nearly Complete...
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 08:51:09 AM »
Tampa has Hellickson and Price going back-to-back against a disinterested Yankees' squad too. Not looking good for the Sux.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 06:50:57 AM »
The implosion is complete...

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 08:30:46 AM »
Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 03:44:50 PM »
Looks like Epstein was able to deflect blame straight onto Francona with the Henrys.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 06:19:27 PM »
The Braves matched the Sox.  Which makes this Mets fan very glad.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 08:40:57 AM »
Sorry, but Theo the Spreadsheet needed to go as well.  He has WAY overpaid for free agents that simply haven't lived up to the hype.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 05:32:12 PM »
Sorry, but Theo the Spreadsheet needed to go as well.  He has WAY overpaid for free agents that simply haven't lived up to the hype.

Sounds similar to Omar Minaya.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline SherryBaby

• Bully for me, I'm a
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 10:52:42 AM »
Someone's head had to roll...why not the useless pitching coach or the compulsive spender?  There's talk of bringing in Charlie Manuel.

He's a lineman AND a pacifist!  I create multidimensional works of art.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 08:52:02 AM »
And yes, the Yankees (or Bankees, or Yankmees, or whatever else you prefer) lost last night.  ARod hit .111 in the playoffs.  The Yankees left the bases loaded in the fourth and seventh innings.  And there's grumblings about their starting pitching.

Chase her.

Offline SherryBaby

• Bully for me, I'm a
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 09:14:03 AM »
And yes, the Yankees (or Bankees, or Yankmees, or whatever else you prefer) lost last night.  ARod hit .111 in the playoffs.  The Yankees left the bases loaded in the fourth and seventh innings.  And there's grumblings about their starting pitching.

Red Sox Nation's Word of the Day:  Schadenfreude!

He's a lineman AND a pacifist!  I create multidimensional works of art.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 09:49:23 AM »
Looks like Epstein was able to deflect blame straight onto Francona with the Henrys.

I am just seeing this thread.   First and foremost -- the Angels did what this season besides lose?    That's right, they don't count or matter, so back to the topic.

The silver lining in this joke of a season is Tito being given his walking papers.   

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 09:50:22 AM »
Sorry, but Theo the Spreadsheet needed to go as well.  He has WAY overpaid for free agents that simply haven't lived up to the hype.

He is going.  The Angels want him.   :-)

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2011, 09:19:01 PM »
He is going.  The Angels want him.   :-)

Someone has to hold Scioscia's jockstrap.  But frankly, I don't think Theo's up to the task.

Wave that third-place banner proudly, Red Sux Nation.  And don't think a new year is going to solve your woes.  You're another year older, not another year better, too many holes to fill, and too many overpriced and overrated players slowing your shit down.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2011, 04:50:53 AM »
Someone has to hold Scioscia's jockstrap.  But frankly, I don't think Theo's up to the task.

Wave that third-place banner proudly, Red Sux Nation.  And don't think a new year is going to solve your woes.  You're another year older, not another year better, too many holes to fill, and too many overpriced and overrated players slowing your shit down.

HAHAHAHA --- said from the fan of the insignificant west coast team. 

There is no waving anything here in the MLB (but Boston already has a championship banner this year remember?).   We'll be fine, the Angels?   like the Jets it;s always their year, and it's never their year. 

You can't fix that.   :-)

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 08:07:14 AM »
And the Phillthies are out, though I don't like the fact that Ryan Howard ruptured his left Achilles tendon.  The only other Phillthie I'd feel worse for would be Raul Ibanez, who seemed to be one of the reasons that Citizens' Bank Park isn't going to be rockin' tonight.

Chase her.