Author Topic: Restless Legs  (Read 3857 times)

Offline shadeaux

Restless Legs
« on: May 16, 2011, 04:11:34 PM »
This may have been covered before but I didn't check every page.

I've had it since I was a kid.  The only thing I could do about it was kick my legs until I finally passed out.  What my husband calls kick starting my motorcycle.

I ended up sleeping in my own room years ago because of the kicking and I need the fan on hurricane speed with the air conditioner set at 72.  He hates wind blowing on him.  Sometimes I have a stand up fan pointed at my legs on bad nights.  And it's always bad at night. And in the summer.  I love winter.

I found out I had a blood enzyme that causes my blood to clot faster than most people.  That explains the restless legs.  As I got older it spread to my arms.  I was miserable and always tired. A cold bath didn't help. I even wore support stockings to bed.  My husband called that my game gear.

I started taking MegaRed about 5 months ago. My legs have stopped hurting.  My arms too.

If you have that and have suffered, try the MegaRed.  It won't hurt you and it might help.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
Re: Restless Legs
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 04:27:26 PM »
How did you find out about the enzyme, just a regular blood test?  I have restless legs, and it drives the spousal unit nuts.  Sometimes, I have to get up in the  middle of the night, stretch my legs, one at a time, and just hold them stretched for a couple minutes, to make the jumpiness go away.  It usually works long enough for me to at least get to sleep. 

It drives me nuts.  I've been this way as far back as I can remember, and have just learned to live with it, for the most part. 

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 04:45:58 PM »
Shake hands sista.  The story of my life.

I went to the hospital about 2 years ago thinking I was having a heart attack.  It was Costochondritis. 

I have had many blood tests over the years but that time they ran everything associated with my heart and that came up.

My mother used to say I had slow blood.  She was right.  I did but I didn't find it out until now.

I swear that MegaRed helps.  And I have tried everything. EVERYTHING known to man.

I also read where manesium works too.  I also take that so my kidney stones don't get big.

Maybe it's the combination of both ?

I have a healthy heart.  I've had every scan done, every blood test done, even that stroke scan.  My heart is healthy.  The cardiologist said he can't see anything that contradicts the tests.

If you get a blood test, ask them to check your blood enzymes.

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 10:39:10 PM »
I have something for you to read Battle Hymn.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/apr/03/news/la-heb-restless-legs-heart-disease-04032011

I know it's a moonbat paper and all but this is why they did the enzyme test.  If you have any chest pain, they will do the test.

It's not PAD, it's thick blood. At least for me. 

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 10:45:09 PM »
I occasionally have chest pain, but it is very fleeting.  It is here, then it is gone.  Thank you for the link.   :-)

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 10:45:38 PM »
I sometimes suffer from "restless legs", but not often.  I think mine is due to something I've eaten or drank before going to bed. Caffeine doesn't do it, but NyQuil does it to me. I've also noticed that I get it after spending an overly long day at work, like 18 hours plus.

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 09:25:21 AM »
I've always had it. I wiggle my legs constantly.

I think there's something to this blood thing. My body doesn't absorb and store iron, so my blood doesn't have enough oxygen. This is the common link between my MVP, anemia, cerebral vasculitis, restless legs and arthritis.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 11:54:12 AM »
Is MegaRed an over the counter supplement? Where do you get it?

I've been taking magnesium and that seems to help with extreme leg cramping. I found one at Whole Foods that's a combination with calcium and some herbs that seems to help.

Glad that you're doing better.

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 01:15:59 PM »
My husband gets MegaRed either at Walgreens or Walmart.

Over the counter.

What's so funny, Dr. Oz was talking about this same stuff on a show I saw recently.  It's for heart health but it seems to help my legs.

Stress doesn't help my leg/arm pain.  I've noticed when I'm upset about something, I have a bad night. 

Also, I was on Flomax for a few months. It helped my legs tremendously. It relaxed my body without feeling drugged.  Not once while I was on it did my legs hurt.  Not one time. I only felt faint but learned to take it at night.

I can't complain.  After years of hurting, I can finally go directly to bed without dread and without going through rituals.

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 01:18:21 PM »
Do any of you guys and gals have luck with heavy exercise making a difference?  For example, swimming, bicycling, etc.?