Author Topic: Yep, still lots of snow.  (Read 8807 times)

Offline Scoobie

Yep, still lots of snow.
« on: March 09, 2011, 07:33:59 PM »
I was up in NH last weekend with Sparky, and thought I'd post some of the pics I took.  Springtime my ass, there's still a LOT of snow up there.

Sparky and Laddie

Sparky's house

The retaining wall (or natural waterfall, depending on the temp.)

When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Yep, still lots of snow.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 07:37:04 PM »
You'll be happy to know a good chunk of it melted over the past week.  Rain and 50-degree temps will do that.  However, the pile that Laddie was standing on will not be totally gone until, oh, sometime in April.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 07:42:37 PM »
As long as its gone by June.   :cheersmate:
When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 08:45:21 PM »
Brrrrrr.  Hey Sparky, you got those serious sun screens on your house?  Do you like em?
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 09:09:13 PM »
Are you talking about the blinds?  I have screens on the windows and the back sliding glass door, no sunscreens to speak of.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 09:10:34 PM »
Are you talking about the blinds?  I have screens on the windows and the back sliding glass door, no sunscreens to speak of.

Nope, it looked like you have really dark screens on your windows, but it could just be the light, and everything looking darker because of the snow in comparison.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 09:30:39 PM »
Nope, it looked like you have really dark screens on your windows, but it could just be the light, and everything looking darker because of the snow in comparison.

Well, the blinds are pretty dark wood, and they're not neutral to the street, which would give the impression of darker windows/screens.

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 09:21:00 AM »

Don't let him fool you Tots...it's not because of dark screens, lack of light, OR the wood blinds, he just never cleans his windows.  :lmao:

Good thing he'll have me there to do that for him soon, though, huh.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 09:27:50 AM »
Don't let him fool you Tots...it's not because of dark screens, lack of light, OR the wood blinds, he just never cleans his windows.  :lmao:

Pretty home, Sparky!

For some reason, some time back, I thought you had been complaining about having an old house, that you didn't like.  :confused:

Scoobie....come visit in The Spa, and do a little "dishing" about cleaning windows....inquiring minds, ya know.  :-)
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 09:29:09 AM »

I don't either.  Except the one that got egged last Halloween.  So I have one clean window. 

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 10:31:32 AM »

Pretty home, Sparky!

For some reason, some time back, I thought you had been complaining about having an old house, that you didn't like.  :confused:Scoobie....come visit in The Spa, and do a little "dishing" about cleaning windows....inquiring minds, ya know.  :-)

That may have been me who said that...I do live in an old house. For now. Me and the kids will be moving up with Sparky in June.

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 02:18:31 PM »

Pretty home, Sparky!

For some reason, some time back, I thought you had been complaining about having an old house, that you didn't like.  :confused:

Scoobie....come visit in The Spa, and do a little "dishing" about cleaning windows....inquiring minds, ya know.  :-)

:whistling:

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 03:02:07 PM »

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 03:02:53 PM »
Not. One. WORD.

no need to now..... :wink:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 03:49:13 PM »

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 03:54:47 PM »
That may have been me who said that...I do live in an old house. For now. Me and the kids will be moving up with Sparky in June.

Um, what?   Did I miss a memo>

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 09:26:53 PM »

You need a PM?

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 02:18:46 AM »

PM sent.

Offline MP_Sarge

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2011, 02:20:18 AM »
BS for owning a poodle.
Nunquam Honorandum Nisi Merito
 Transgender American Veterans

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 02:25:52 AM »
BS for owning a poodle.

BS for BSing her.  It's MY dog.

Offline MP_Sarge

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 02:27:46 AM »
LOL
In that case, I deserve the BS.

And so do you. :D
Nunquam Honorandum Nisi Merito
 Transgender American Veterans

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2011, 08:34:47 AM »
I'm not a fan of poodles, whether toy or standard, but they are exceptionally smart dogs.

Back to the snow, I guess.......
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2011, 05:50:58 PM »
Even with the rain and warmer temps, that pile isn't going away anytime soon.  That will be the last bit to disappear.

I'll venture a guess here and say April 18th will be the day there's no more snow in the yard.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2011, 09:30:04 PM »
 I spent the summer between soph and junior year of college in Maine. Went the second week of June. I swear, they said the snow had only been gone a little over a month, and that the ice had finally completely melted off the lake, only a few weeks before.

Since I was a swim instructor....I would swear it melted only a few days before I got there!!! Damn lake never did warm up the entire summer.  :banghead:

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2011, 01:45:34 AM »
Yeah, when Scoobie and the kids get up here, they're going to be expecting those warm Gulf waters, or the shallow stuff like they find in Cape Charles...

Not gonna happen...