Author Topic: Tangerine LaBamba has passed away.  (Read 21360 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Tangerine LaBamba has passed away.
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2009, 10:30:35 PM »
She knew, didn't she?   I wish she'd spent some more time here.  From reading her postings there , I think I would have liked her.

Of course she knew; it was obvious.

Remember that her last few days on Skins's island, before she came over here, Gloria Swanson was posting like twenty Doug's stupid ex-wifes, as if she were trying to leave her mark.  She was a posting machine.

Well, the primitives, being primitives, were unperceptive about that detail.

Then she got mausoleumed, and by chance found us.

It was a great couple of days.  She left her mark, but here, not there.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009, 01:47:13 AM »
RIP Tangerine! I don't know why, but I always think of Carmen Miranda when I think of her...spicy, sweet and dancing to the beat of a different bongo drum.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2009, 01:56:22 AM »
Of course she knew; it was obvious.

Remember that her last few days on Skins's island, before she came over here, Gloria Swanson was posting like twenty Doug's stupid ex-wifes, as if she were trying to leave her mark.  She was a posting machine.

She was quite civil when she posted here. I was always hoping she would come back. I see some DUmmies are reverting to form, how does one "not change" after death? Does this DUmmie have frequent conversations with the dead?

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2009, 05:02:33 AM »
She proved that she was to good for the primitives. Even though we are on opposite sides of the political fence she showed class while here. Will include her and her family and loved ones in my prayers tonight.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2009, 06:03:43 AM »
Never had any dealing with TLB but I did cross swoards with OLL at the DUmp on occasion.  She  was more than a few steps beyond the average dummy in ability to frame and argue a point.  RIP 
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2009, 06:59:51 AM »
She proved that she was to good for the primitives. Even though we are on opposite sides of the political fence she showed class while here. Will include her and her family and loved ones in my prayers tonight.

Ditto.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Karin

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2009, 07:25:23 AM »
Godspeed, Tangerine, I say a prayer for you, and my sympathies are with her family and friends.  I am so glad she found us for at least a few days.  I felt like it was a Christmas present to Frank. 

I suspect that when Violet_Crumbles buys the farm sometime hence, nobody will attend her funeral. 

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2009, 07:30:40 AM »
Oh this is so sad -- I was looking forward to reading more of her postings here at CC. Will say a prayer for her that she has found peace at last.
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2009, 07:31:04 AM »
Godspeed, Tangerine, I say a prayer for you, and my sympathies are with her family and friends.  I am so glad she found us for at least a few days.  I felt like it was a Christmas present to Frank

I suspect that when Violet_Crumbles buys the farm sometime hence, nobody will attend her funeral.

That it was, madam.

One of those beautiful, intricate, fragile presents that one gets, and loses all too soon.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2009, 07:37:58 AM »
Phoebe Loosinhouse  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Dec-28-09 09:44 PM
Response to Reply #66
70. I tangled with her as Old Lefty Lawyer

and I recognized her immediately as Tangerine La Bamba - you just can't hide a distinctive voice.
It's like Ethel Merman trying to record secretly as Doris Schultz. Did anybody ever tell you that you sound just like . . . oh, never mind.

Even though we scrapped occasionally, I found her posts to be fierce, funny, irreverant, opinionated and never ever boring.

WOW!  :confused: When does CC update to audio intertubes? If the DUmp has it, we should too. :uhsure:
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2009, 07:42:48 AM »
If that's her at the bottom of her last post on her blog, she was (is) a very attractive, older woman.  Maybe that's part of what turned off alot of the dummies -- her face is not consumed with resentment like a good deal of the pictures I've seen over there.
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2009, 07:50:18 AM »
If that's her at the bottom of her last post on her blog, she was (is) a very attractive, older woman.  Maybe that's part of what turned off alot of the dummies -- her face is not consumed with resentment like a good deal of the pictures I've seen over there.

Gloria Swanson, whose politics of course sucked, was the real thing, and that undoubtedly unnerved a great many primitives, who knew she was more of a man (woman) than any of them are.

Gloria Swanson spoke truth to the primitives, and the primitives didn't like it.

And she didn't share in their Mass Hatred of all that is good and decent.

It speaks volumes that this thread, which was posted much later than the #05 Top Primitive of 2009, the sparkling husband primitive, has garnered about three times the "views" and many more comments.  It demonstrates that decent and civilized people are more interested in the real thing, rather than in imitations.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2009, 09:18:19 AM »
Wow, we were truly blessed that she stopped by here on her way out.

Godspeed, Annette.

Online DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2009, 09:18:49 AM »
Rest in peace, TLB.  You will be missed, ma'am.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Online DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2009, 09:20:12 AM »
Wow, we were truly blessed that she stopped by here on her way out.

Godspeed, Annette.

I wonder, casually, if that speaks something of the quality of the board that Reb, Thor, WE, Frank and the others have built here.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2009, 09:38:22 AM »
RIP friend. You will be missed. I only wish we had been given more time to engage her.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2009, 09:42:21 AM »
Wow.

RIP.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2009, 11:55:33 AM »
I always remember how she was giddy with joy while celebrating Robert McNamara's death.

Offline HACKSAW

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2009, 12:19:43 PM »
Prayers to her family. GODSPEED.
Liberals are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2009, 02:02:42 PM »
I never bothered much with this part of the site, but I am sad to hear one of the best parts of it is gone.
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2009, 02:07:49 PM »
Oh wow I totally missed that she had found us here and posted. I read everything she said here and found out she was one hell of a person. It's a shame she's passed but she did enjoy what we have here before she did. She even took Franks crush in stride ;-)
Prayers for her and her family.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2009, 03:40:54 PM »
Oh wow I totally missed that she had found us here and posted. I read everything she said here and found out she was one hell of a person. It's a shame she's passed but she did enjoy what we have here before she did. She even took Franks crush in stride ;-)
Prayers for her and her family.

I missed it all too. Condolences to her family on her passing.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2009, 03:44:30 PM »
I missed it all too. Condolences to her family on her passing.

It was in the middle of the night.

One of the cats wanted outdoors, and so I got up to let it out, and as I was already up, I decided to check in here.

She had been here some hours by then, and was still here.

I was floored.

She had a problem with our "quote" function, and while I was watching, she was trashing franksolich when, as it turned out, she was trying to trash GOBUCKS.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2009, 04:10:17 PM »
T la B had a sock puppet after her pizza was delivered at the DUmp.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7350311

Mira   (1000+ posts)             Tue Dec-29-09 04:23 PM
Original message
Divulging the last incarnation of OldLeftyLawyer - Tangerine - my dear friend Annette Appollo   

Her last DU name was Ishka Kibble.

In a letter to me she said: "This is where I got my "Ishka Kibble" DU name - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ish_Kabibble - after I played around a bit with it. I doubt there's another soul on DU who would know its origin. And now there are two of us...."

here are a few threads where Ishka, who she said was a man, and the "husband" of the tombstoned Tangerine, let loose his opinions.

When you look at the responses, the tone, the intellect, it is unmistakably our dear Annette.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

I'm sharing a few photos, in her honor: