Author Topic: Gov. David Paterson at the Gridiron: He said what?  (Read 664 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Gov. David Paterson at the Gridiron: He said what?
« on: December 09, 2008, 05:45:44 AM »
Figures . . . my state.   ::) :banghead: :thatsright: :whatever:

Gov. David Paterson at the Gridiron: He said what?

December 08, 2008
Categories: Antics

New York Gov. David Paterson is getting rave reviews as one of the Gridiron Dinner speakers over the weekend.

The Gridiron dinner is an off-the-record dinner with journos and pols who sing songs, do skits and make fun of each other in the great wide open.

Paterson's speech was certainly no exception. Even though he became governor of New York in quite a surprising fashion, it’s not the governor title that he wants, apparently.  Paterson's real goal, he said, is to follow in Barack Obama's footsteps and be president of the United States, because: "Once you go black, you don't go back."

He also joked about how he's receiving all these phone calls from people seeking to take HRC's Senate seat and played real voicemails from HRC, Chuck Schumer (who were in on the gag) and even himself.

Though, he did dig Schmuck Schumer good, but you'll have to go to the link to see it . . .

http://www.politico.com/blogs/anneschroeder/1208/Gov_David_Paterson_at_the_Gridiron_He_said_what_.html?showall
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.