Author Topic: Liberals Worry as Election Approaches  (Read 1203 times)

Offline bijou

Liberals Worry as Election Approaches
« on: October 31, 2008, 04:52:49 PM »
In the den of his home in New Hope, Pa., a liberal Democrat sits tap-tapping at his computer.

Jon Downs, 53, works the electoral vote maps on Yahoo like a spiritualist shaking his Ouija board. He calibrates and recalibrates: Give Senator John McCain Ohio, Missouri, even Florida. But Virginia and Pennsylvania, those go to Senator Barack Obama. And Vermont, Democrats can count on Vermont, right?

Right.

Almost always, Mr. Downs ends with Mr. Obama, the Democratic presidential nominee, ahead, which should please this confirmed liberal and profound Obama fan. But just as often he feels worried.

“Look, I have this sense of impending doom; we’ve had a couple of elections stolen already,” Mr. Downs said. “The only thing worse than losing is to think that you’re going to win and then lose.”

He considers that prospect and mutters, almost involuntarily: “Oh, God.”

To talk with liberal Democrats in New Hope, San Francisco or Miami Beach, to drill deep into their id, is to stand at the intersection of Liberal and High Anxiety.

link

Found this via FR, too funny not to share.

Offline djones520

Re: Liberals Worry as Election Approaches
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 05:00:47 PM »
A questions that I've been wondering lately is, what if what happened in 2000 happens to the Dems this year?  What if Obama pulls a win through the Electoral college, but McCain gets the popular vote?

I'm betting that we will hear 0 people at the DUmp say that the election was stolen from McCain.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline CharlesD

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 05:03:35 PM »
A questions that I've been wondering lately is, what if what happened in 2000 happens to the Dems this year?  What if Obama pulls a win through the Electoral college, but McCain gets the popular vote?

I'm betting that we will hear 0 people at the DUmp say that the election was stolen from McCain.

But if Obama gets the popular and McCain pulls out the electoral victory, we'll have four more years of weeping and gnashing of teeth. 
"To those who cite the First Amendment as reason for excluding God from more and more of our institutions and everyday life, may I just say: The First Amendment of the Constitution was not written to protect the people of this country from religious values; it was written to protect religious values from government tyranny."
"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

http://www.demaristransportation.com

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 05:04:11 PM »
I'm sure this clown's referring to the presidential election of 1876, the ONLY election Republicans ever "stole."

I have no idea what the second one might be, but surely it's not any election held the past 148 years.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline djones520

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 05:05:04 PM »
But if Obama gets the popular and McCain pulls out the electoral victory, we'll have four more years of weeping and gnashing of teeth. 

*shrugs*  So your saying status qou?

I'm just curious if any of the DUmmies will actually have the balls to admit that they where wrong about 2000.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 12:48:32 AM »
*shrugs*  So your saying status qou?

I'm just curious if any of the DUmmies will actually have the balls to admit that they where wrong about 2000.

They never admit to being wrong.   They just change sides on an issue and blame conservatives for the mess they made.  Case in point is the dams on the Snake river.   The great Liberal project of the 50s and early sixties suddenly became and evil conservative plot.  Now that the salmon are gone and people have grown dependent on the dams, they want to take them down to save the fish that arent there anymore.
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline Jim

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 03:55:45 PM »

I'm good with that.   :cheersmate:
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 06:06:45 PM »

As long as its the Dems doing it,I don't care.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 06:11:58 PM »
I'm still confused.

The Obamaite Bozo sitting in his living room in an affluent neighborhood in Pennsylvania, alleges the Republicans "stole" two elections.

1876 Hayes-Tilden, a case of Republicans stealing an election

I look at this list of elections where the Republican won, and all I come up with is one, 1876.

I'm stumped as to what the Obamaite Bozo is saying, "two."

Maybe the Obamaite Bozo can't count.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 02:03:53 PM »
I'm sure this clown's referring to the presidential election of 1876, the ONLY election Republicans ever "stole."

I have no idea what the second one might be, but surely it's not any election held the past 148 years.

The last known stolen presidential election was 1960.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 04:54:54 PM »
The last known stolen presidential election was 1960.

And we know who did that one.

But I suspect 1976 was stolen too, although uncoordinated among the big city political machines.

The race was close, and it didn't take much to change the real outcome.

A political boss in Chicago creating 50,000 "votes" there, a ward hack in Cleveland creating 5,000 "votes" there, a precinct worker in Boston creating 25,000 "votes" there, &c., &c., &c., and it all added up enough to get the Incompetent One "elected."
apres moi, le deluge