Author Topic: GMAC's new lending restrictions called 'scary'  (Read 3126 times)

Offline Miss Mia

Re: GMAC's new lending restrictions called 'scary'
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2008, 12:45:19 AM »
Bill Heard Chevrolet is not doing so well.  I wonder if there is an update to this story, but I haven't seen it yet.

http://jalopnik.com/5056225/exclusive-inside-the-fall-of-bill-heard-chevrolet-the-worlds-largest-chevy-dealership

Heard filed for bankruptcy and closed all his stores.  I think at least 6 or 7 of his stores have buyers or people very interested in buying them.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Lacarnut

Re: GMAC's new lending restrictions called 'scary'
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2008, 01:47:43 PM »
That's quite a hefty number, but isn't that almost inline with what the domestic auto companies were hoping to achieve in the future?  It really is a bit absurd, when you pass three dealerships of the same manufacturer within twenty minutes of each other.

If 70+% have 700+ credit scores, does it really matter if they're upside down on their trade-in, when they purchase a new one?

Because it is stupid; If you wreck the car and do not have gap insurance, you are stuck with a bill for thousands of dollars. DUH. Same deal as using the equity in your house as a credit card to buy stupid cr@p like a vacation, pool, etc.