Author Topic: sheshetoo still wants Hillary...  (Read 879 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
sheshetoo still wants Hillary...
« on: December 16, 2018, 08:40:07 PM »
Star Member sheshe2 (52,387 posts) https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100211552547

Hey girl....just not yet. Maybe later hon.

Last edited Sat Dec 15, 2018, 11:44 AM - Edit history (1)

I hear they just aren't ready for us. Wow! Biden-Beto ticket being talked up. Sorry, I want to see some diversity and not two white males. Misogyny needs to be put back in a cave where it belongs. Wake the F**K up America.

They pat us on the head and tell us to sit down and shut up. Fact is Hillary won the 2016 election.

Fact is the people's voice was not allowed due to Russia's selection of who would be sworn in on 2017. She won the popular vote. She won the hearts and minds of the majority. She won.

It is time the men to step aside and let the women's voices be heard. At the very least they should consider us equal. Sadly even in 2018 we are not.

Nancy Pelosi, weeks ago was being vilified and she turned it and crucified don. The 2018 elections proved the strength and endurance of women. We won so many seats and we were all colors and religions.

Do not pat us on the head and tell us only you know what is right for our America, that only you can lead, that America is not ready for us.

DO NOT TELL ME THE COUNTRY IS NOT READY FOR A WOMAN. WE ARE!

:rotf:

Star Member Wounded Bear (25,541 posts)

3. Not to mention too young and too old...

I'm not super worried right now. Lots of time for things to sort themselves out. But yeah, after all the fight that women have put up over the past couple of years, I don't see any ticket with two white guys garnering all the support we need.

This old white guy has your back.

:loser:

Star Member pnwmom (94,225 posts)

19. So a 65 year old is too old when she's a woman,

but just fine when it's Bernie or Joe or some other guy?

:whistling:

Bucky (47,615 posts)

93. Agreed. Obama lacks experience and is America even ready for a black president?

Wait, which year were you talking about?

:whatever:

Fri Dec 14, 2018, 11:00 PM
Armymedic88 (251 posts)

4. Don't be so pissy..

Not one vote has been cast. Let democracy happen before you get all butthurt! Lol

:lmao:

Response to Armymedic88 (Reply #4)Fri Dec 14, 2018, 11:07 PM
Star Member sheshe2 (52,387 posts)

7. Wow.

Armymedic88

Don't be so pissy..

What a civil response. My Op did not deserve your derision.

Not one vote has been cast. Let democracy happen before you get all butthurt! Lol

More derision. Pretty cruel response. Fact is these things are being said here and now on DU.

You owe me an apology.

:bird:

Armymedic88 (251 posts)

117. Here's my point..

I don't care if our candidate has penis or vagina, more or less melanine in their skin. This divisive litmus test BS in this party needs to stop, for the sake of our democracy. We must defeat Trump and the republicans.

Star Member catbyte (11,788 posts)

150. It's called civility, Mr. Eyeroll.

Welcome to ignore.

:rofl:

Star Member spooky3 (22,152 posts)

210. Alas, s/he has bid us adieu. Nt

yup... they banned him. her. ... it?

Star Member brush (21,346 posts)

12. Just last week I got alerted on for saying two white males doesn't work anymore...

for our party—the very same ticket. The alert was for bigotry and my post was pulled.

Can you believe it? White, male privilege is still strong in some quarters, even here on DU, even though I suggested pairing Beto with a woman or a POC as Biden's time has passed.

I appealed the alert and surprisingly it was rescinded the next day but by then the OP was old news.

Let's see how your post fares here.

:panic:

Star Member pnwmom (94,225 posts)

110. The fact that Clarence Thomas is still on the court because Biden,

the Chairman of the Judiciary Committee, helped smooth his path is really sad.

:yawn:

aeromanKC (664 posts)

37. Biden/Beto 2020 I love it!!

Too white? Yes. Too male? Yes. But I love it!! Biden is exactly what the country (And world) needs after the Trump fiasco. Statesman, respected across the world, experienced, strong in the rust belt and someone who can bring the country together. (Except for the Trump cult. They are way too far gone)

Beto is the excitement the Dems need similar to Obama 2008. That type of excitement doesn't come around very often. And he's young and represents the next generation.

The ticket is perfect. Well, except for being too white and to male.

But regardless, I'm still voting for any ticket that has a D next to it.

:thatsright:

Star Member Renew Deal (73,774 posts)

64. Are gender and race your top two criteria when judging presidential candidates?

:rotf:

Star Member DFW (31,432 posts)

67. For the record, a woman DID win the 2016 presidential election

The fact that she was manipulated out of serving does not change that.

:thatsright:

Sat Dec 15, 2018, 07:30 AM
oberliner (56,966 posts)

82. What about Oprah Winfrey?

:thatsright: :thatsright:

SMC22307 (3,898 posts)

97. Your OP makes no sense.

A woman did get more votes in 2016 but was hosed by the outdated electoral college. It's clear the country IS ready for a woman, so what are you talking about? A woman is Speaker of the House. Women swept the 2018 midterms, with a particularly sweet victory being Spanberger who ousted Teabagger Brat.

Obsessing over race and gender is a losing strategy. We should want the best candidate, regardless of the package they're wrapped in. Cuz I guaran*******tee if a loon like Sarah Palin or corrupt princess like Ivaaaaaaaaaaaanka ever make it to the top of the ticket, I'll be pleading with women across the country to vote against their gender...

Squinch (26,278 posts)

172. The OP is requesting that women are finally represented in the executive branch. You characterize

that as "obsessing over gender." Your characterization is a losing strategy.

I want a female candidate. I'm not alone in that. More Democrats are women than men. There are at least as many qualified female candidates as male. None of them are like Sarah Palin or Ivanka, but nice try at minimizing the qualifications of our female Democrats.

In the primary, if the choice is between a woman and a man, I will choose the woman. Period. You would probably characterize that as obsessing over gender. I call it working toward 51% of the population being represented in the executive branch for the first time in history. It's not too much to ask. We've waited 250 years and we're done waiting.

Stop obsessing over how terrible it is for women to require representation. It's a losing strategy. We should want the best candidate AND we should want the best representation for all Democrats. Not just male Democrats.

:whatever:

Squinch (26,278 posts)

179. I'm so sick of this shit. All calls for female representation are dependably answered with, "You

have to forget race and gender and pick the best candidate!"

That statement assumes that the best candidate cannot challenge the status quo race and gender, which is white and male.

I've so had enough of it.

And then you have the knuckle-draggers who outright declare that such an assertion is "pissing on men" and telling anyone who makes the assertion that they need to limit themselves to "a women's forum." I see that post was hidden, but Jesus, how did that one even get in here? The prevalence of that kind of ignorance is just exhausting.

:o

harumph (119 posts)

100. I believe a black woman needs to be somewhere in the ticket EOM

:whistling:

Star Member R B Garr (11,163 posts)

155. I would love for Hillary to run again!

Heck, if it turns out to be a rerun of sorts with a certain someone, I would love to see her run. But that’s what’s on my mind right now — having a good Democrat who is not browbeaten for being a Democrat.

Warren, she’s great, but a couple things she said about Hillary looked to be spreading false talking points loved by a certain crowd and that sucked. But I do like her, so I’ll get over it.

Harris! One of my Senators and I love her. She’s a prosecutor, so a bit of a tactician, but impressive as hell!

Not too crazy about what was done to Franken by anyone involved, but I will get over it. Gillibrand, that would be tough because of the help she got from the Clinton’s for Hillary’s seat and then her hypocrisy.

Maybe someone can recruit Barbara Boxer...? Names? I’m open. I saw how excited the crowd was for Biden on Ellen’s show, and she was pleading for him to run (I think she had her hands clasped in a prayer motion towards him... 🙏

I get what Ellen was eluding to—someone safe, stable and sane, proven leadership. That kind of sentiment, not just having a white guy.

:lmao:

Star Member orangecrush (6,656 posts)

166. We did elect a woman president.

The victory was stolen from us.

Baltimike (309 posts)

197. I think HRC might decide to do it as we find outmore and more how the kGOPb rigged the election. nt

:mental:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
Re: sheshetoo still wants Hillary...
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 07:46:12 AM »
Armymedic88 (251 posts)

117. Here's my point..

I don't care if our candidate has penis or vagina, more or less melanine

I would think a medic would know that is "melanin" not "melanine".
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 09:32:57 AM »
I hear they just aren't ready for us. Wow! Biden-Beto ticket being talked up. Sorry, I want to see some diversity and not two white males. Misogyny needs to be put back in a cave where it belongs. Wake the F**K up America.

They pat us on the head and tell us to sit down and shut up. Fact is Hillary won the 2016 election.

1. Fact is, Donald Trump is the constitutionally elected President of the US, and HilLIARy is a loser.

2. But please feel free to divide the D Party with intersectional identity politics. The Rs will just sit by and :popcorn: ... and maybe confirm some more Trump judicial appointments.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 09:49:58 AM »
Jenner needs to run for president on the dem side just to see how their party responds. Do they embrace or crush the potential threat.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke