Author Topic: Marc Thiessen: The left's contempt is going to reelect Trump  (Read 1378 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
An interesting column by Marc Thiessen.  He's dead-on correct.

Marc Thiessen: The left's contempt is going to reelect Trump

By  Marc Thiessen   | Fox News

Democrats have a new theory for how they can win back Congress and the White House. Just like "soccer moms" helped put Bill Clinton in the Oval Office in 1996, and "NASCAR dads" helped George W. Bush win in 2004, Donald Trump, the theory goes, was elected because of "#NeverHillary" voters who didn't particularly like him but despised her. Axios reports that Democrats are targeting the "20% of Trump's voters [who] told exit pollsters they didn't like him" hoping these reluctant Trump voters will help power a "blue wave" in the 2018 midterms and defeat President Trump in 2020.

One problem with that theory: The left's nonstop, over-the-top attacks on Trump are not peeling those voters away from him; they are pushing them further into the president's camp.

In recent weeks, Trump derangement syndrome on the left has reached critical mass.

First, there was Robert De Niro's "f -- Trump" tirade at the Tony awards, followed by Samantha Bee's calling Ivanka Trump a "feckless c -- " on her TV show.

Then the owners of the Red Hen restaurant in Lexington, Va. threw out White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders because she works for the president, while chanting protesters heckled Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen at a Mexican restaurant.

He nails it.  Steel on target.  The rest of the column:  http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/07/04/marc-thiessen-lefts-contempt-is-going-to-reelect-trump.htm.html
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Marc Thiessen: The left's contempt is going to reelect Trump
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 02:19:53 PM »
Yep, you can put me in the 20% camp.

During the campaign, I couldn't take the guy seriously. Still can't, mostly because I can't figure out if the guy does his homework or not.

Between all the crap he throws out there on Twitter and his less-than-eloquent speeches, all I can do is just sigh.

Sigh.

But I think he's a guy who plays the press for the fools they are.

And I like that very, very much.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 02:54:36 PM »
He may not be a great speaker, but he loves this country and is looking out for us. The last guy was a great orator for selling us shit sandwiches.

The left's contempt for all hard working Americans is not winning them any love or new votes from us.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 04:46:29 PM »
Yep, you can put me in the 20% camp.

During the campaign, I couldn't take the guy seriously. Still can't, mostly because I can't figure out if the guy does his homework or not.

Between all the crap he throws out there on Twitter and his less-than-eloquent speeches, all I can do is just sigh.

Sigh.

But I think he's a guy who plays the press for the fools they are.

And I like that very, very much.

I see what he tweets and what he says in his speeches, but ignore all that and look at the results.

Offline dixierose

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 07:03:27 PM »
Exhibit #1 here. This 2016 #NeverTrumper will be a Trump voter in 2020. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 08:36:33 PM »
He may not be a great speaker, but he loves this country and is looking out for us. The last guy was a great orator for selling us sh** sandwiches.

The left's contempt for all hard working Americans is not winning them any love or new votes from us.

Amen!  To sound "fair" and "high-minded" too many centrists and even so-called conservatives would concede that MAObama was a "great speaker."

Sorry, no!  In public speaking was dreadful on many bases: the constant repetition of "I did this" "I did that" "I..."  "I..."  "I..." and the lies and the boring nose-in-the-air arrogant intonation and the inability to speak unless a teleprompter were nearby are not the hallmarks of great oratory!

Mr. Trump has his faults, but I support him wholeheartedly now and will continue to do so in 2020!  He will not be selling our technology to the Chinese and Russians (thank you Billy Jeff and Shrillary Clinton) nor will he be preparing us for a "managed decline" into mediocrity and impotence  (thank you  MAObama Prince of Traitors) !!!
"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 09:25:26 AM »
Well, FWIW, I haven't been approached by any of the leftist proglodytes that presumably want to drag me over to their camp.

More than anything, I was a "NeverHillaryite" and thus pulled the handle for Trump when he was the only viable option. I expect to do the same thing in 2020. <shrug>

Admittedly, DJT has done some remarkable things. He's also done some pretty ugly things, which apparently resonates with some people. Fair enough. He's got balls and he's willing to show you where they are.

When you get right down to it, I just don't trust politicians. Any of 'em. Make no mistake, DJT has been a politician for at least a couple decades now. Anyone who seeks the office of the presidency has a screw loose, IMHO. Just don't trust 'em.

And please don't get me started about Barry. He was a scourge who never should have made it beyond community organizing of drive-by gangs and other thugs.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 02:09:22 PM »
The great thing about sage advice such as the OP article gives is that because it comes from a Fox News commentator it will be rejected out of hand by those to whom it most applies. And when they see similar ideas in the WashPost or NYT, they're likely to be outraged that the WashPost and NYT are publishing "Reich-Wing Talking Points".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2018, 03:11:25 PM »
The great thing about sage advice such as the OP article gives is that because it comes from a Fox News commentator it will be rejected out of hand by those to whom it most applies. And when they see similar ideas in the WashPost or NYT, they're likely to be outraged that the WashPost and NYT are publishing "Reich-Wing Talking Points".

Amen!  And speaking of "talking points," have you seen this completely double-thinking Leftist take on the GOOD economic news today?

More jobs are actually BAD...if they happen under President Trump!

From the Washington Times :

(N. Pelosi): "The June #JobsReport shows what is at stake from the brewing storm of rising health costs, spiraling trade uncertainty & an economy being hollowed out to enrich big corporations & the wealthiest 1 percent. Americans deserve better than the GOP’s raw deal..."

After the U.S. Department of Labor released the latest jobs and unemployment numbers, DNC Chair and former Labor Secretary Tom Perez released the following statement:

“With slow wage growth, rising health care premiums, and skyrocketing gas prices across the country, Donald Trump’s reckless policies are hurting millions of hardworking families. Trump and Republicans in Congress have been so determined to undermine workers that they held a Supreme Court seat hostage for nearly a year in order to nominate an aggressively anti-union justice, who became the deciding vote in last week’s disgraceful decision in the Janus case.

See:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/democrats-blast-booming-jobs-report-trump-worker-agenda-reckless

"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."