Author Topic: how does one find out  (Read 2321 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
how does one find out
« on: August 15, 2015, 07:15:57 PM »
I am truly exasperated; I don't know a damned thing about youtube.

A friend of mine, from Lincoln, is here, trying out various arrangements to make it possible for me to "hear" youtube things.  He's working against a rather large obstruction--my lack of ears and ear-canals--but as others in the past have shown, such is possible.  It's like laboring a mountain to bring forth a mouse, but this guy's come the closest anyone's ever come.....in decades.

I suppose I'm very fortunate, never lacking people who wish so badly to do things for me, in this case, make it possible for me to "hear"--beginning with the long-ago parents of sacred memory, and now the last several years, friends in the music business.

No good system's been found, but there's been instances of "getting close."

Okay, so this is the first thing franksolich has ever heard in real life, using the guy's tools and gadgets; I assume this is about the closest I've ever come to hearing something as hearing people hear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH-KEDG-tbM

That is just awesome; I've "listened" to this.....too many times to count since Wednesday evening, and am still not tired of "hearing" it.  I want to "listen" to it forever and ever.

And one has to admit the pianist was certainly gifted by God.

Now the problem, and as I don't know my way around youtube, I can't figure it out.

I want to get, and save, as a "favorite" a particular piece, but I can't get the direct link or the name of the artist.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Mozart+12+Variations+in+C+Major&Form=VQFRVP#view=detail&mid=38D1EA079A29A57DFE4138D1EA079A29A57DFE41

One goes there, and there's a bunch of choices, and after a couple of seconds, Explorer automatically goes to the one I want, the guy in a shiny shirt playing the accordion.

I can't get this as a "stand alone" link, like the one above, where one gets all the good information, such as the name of the artist, the date and location of the piece, and comments by listeners.

Who is this guy, where is he, and how do I find out?

Thanks.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: how does one find out
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 07:29:04 PM »
Click on the YouTube icon in the lower right corner of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVP_TGjSLw8

There doesn't appear to be any comments, only this:

Mozart. 12 Variations in C Major on "Ah vous dirai-je, Maman" KV265 // В. А. Моцарт. 12 вриаций

Вольфганг Амадей Моцарт. 12 вариаций до мажор на тему французской песни „Ah, vous dirai-je Maman" ("Ах, я Вам скажу, мама"). Исполняет Алексей Липовый. Сумы, Украина 2013
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: how does one find out
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 07:32:48 PM »
Thank you!  That works.

The guy already went back to Lincoln, myself having assured him I knew how to do things on youtube.

Well, sometimes I lie, so as to save others time and trouble.
apres moi, le deluge