Author Topic: French Passenger jet's emergency 10,000ft climb because pilot was 'showing off'  (Read 654 times)

Offline megimoo

French Passenger jet's emergency 10,000ft climb because pilot was 'showing off' to a child

to dodge another plane because pilot was 'showing off' to a child

A pilot showing off to a young boy in his cockpit ended up almost crashing the airliner, it was claimed yesterday
Passengers said the pilot deliberately rocked the jet from side to side as he showed the child how the controls worked.
Moments later, however, he was forced to throw the Air France plane into a steep climb to get out of the way of another aircraft.
Terrifying: Air France has launched an investigation after passengers claim their pilot was 'showing off' in front of a child and then had to dodge another jet
Witnesses said terrified passengers blessed themselves and said prayers aloud as the plane soared 10,000ft.
Air France has launched an investigation into both the boy's cabin visit and the apparent near miss which followed.

"I was horrified by what I saw," he said. "The pilot made a sharp turn to the left, without warning, and then back again, obviously showing the young French boy how he flew his plane.

"I could see the boy. He shook hands with the pilots. The drama happened on an Airbus A320 which was carrying 143 passengers to Paris from Manchester on Saturday morning.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=564300&in_page_id=1770