Author Topic: Thousands evacuated as erupting volcano spreads panic  (Read 3728 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Thousands evacuated as erupting volcano spreads panic
« on: January 18, 2008, 12:13:57 PM »
A volcano in Colombia has erupted violently, prompting an evacuation order for thousands in the nearby town of Pasto.

The 14,110-foot Galeras volcano began spewing ash last night causing panic among nearby residents.

"It's still erupting," the network's director Fernando Gil said, estimating an ash cloud reaching up to five miles high.

link

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Thousands evacuated as erupting volcano spreads panic
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 12:17:45 PM »
I expect the UN Climate council to call for an end to all volcanos because they cause globalwarming.  They might even write a stern letter to the Columbian government for having an unauthorized volcano.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 01:11:17 PM »
I expect the UN Climate council to call for an end to all volcanos because they cause globalwarming.  They might even write a stern letter to the Columbian government for having an unauthorized volcano.
The U.N. needs to write a sternly worded letter to Pele and tell her to reign in her children.
Then of course they can blame Bush.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 01:34:34 PM »
Y'all hold it down.  I'm on the phone with Columbia government officials.  I'm selling them the Mother of all Carbon Credits.  This could be big (for me).

Offline Lauri

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 02:55:51 PM »

Y'all hold it down.  I'm on the phone with Columbia government officials.  I'm selling them the Mother of all Carbon Credits.  This could be big (for me).

:lmao:  Al? Is that you?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 03:57:58 PM »
teh Rove Weather Machine strikes again!!  This would never have happened if chimpy hadn't stole the elections.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 04:03:46 PM »
teh Rove Weather Machine strikes again!!  This would never have happened if chimpy hadn't stole the elections.

No, we can lay this one squarely at Clinton's tingling feet.  If Clinton had been so busy being a sexually retarded teenager, he could have push congress into agreeing with the Kyoto Accord, and "global warming" would never have activated this volcano.   

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 04:05:00 PM »

No, we can lay this one squarely at Clinton's tingling feet.  If Clinton had been so busy being a sexually retarded teenager, he could have push congress into agreeing with the Kyoto Accord, and "global warming" would never have activated this volcano.   

Either way, we know this will hit women and minorities hardest.