Author Topic: SE Minn. woman charged with hitting relative with hatchet in fight over cows  (Read 1260 times)

Offline megimoo

DOVER, Minn. — A southeastern Minnesota woman is accused of hitting her brother-in-law with a hatchet in a dispute about cows. Brenda Kay Shorter of Dover faces two counts of second-degree assault with a dangerous weapon, according to Olmsted County prosecutors. The alleged attack happened last week in Dover Township. Shorter, 35, told deputies she "just lost control" and struck the man on the head, court records said. A current phone listing for Shorter wasn't available. The alleged victim told officers he had a dispute with the woman over how he treated his cows.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_9117477?nclick_check=1

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
I don't know much about Minnesota cows but California has happy cows. I know because I saw it on TV.

►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Wow, talk about leaving a bad impression!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline megimoo

DOVER, Minn. — A southeastern Minnesota woman is accused of hitting her brother-in-law with a hatchet in a dispute about cows. Brenda Kay Shorter of Dover faces two counts of second-degree assault with a dangerous weapon, according to Olmsted County prosecutors. The alleged attack happened last week in Dover Township. Shorter, 35, told deputies she "just lost control" and struck the man on the head, court records said. A current phone listing for Shorter wasn't available. The alleged victim told officers he had a dispute with the woman over how he treated his cows.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_9117477?nclick_check=1

Here's more on this critter :
DOVER -- A Dover woman allegedly hit a man in the head with the blunt end of a hatchet, then tried to strangle him with a lariat in a dispute last week over cows.

Brenda Kay Shorter, 35, has been charged with two felony counts of second-degree assault with dangerous weapons. Unconditional bail was set at $40,000, and conditional bail at $20,000. She returns to Olmsted District Court on May 12.

Sheriff deputies were called late Friday afternoon to the Eyota Kwik Trip, where a woman told officers about an attack on a friend the previous day at a farm in Dover Township.

The complaint says that deputies went to the farm and talked to the 44-year-old victim, who said he was milking cows when he felt something hit the back of his head. At first he thought it was a cow kicking him, he said; then he was struck at least three more times by the woman, who is his sister-in-law and was hitting him with the blunt end of a hatchet. She then tried to strangle him with a lariat. He said he took the hatchet away from her but had to punch her in the face to stop her from assaulting him. He said she fell to the ground and was knocked out for about 30 seconds.
Hence the black eye she is sporting !

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Why do they call it "PMS"? Because Mad Cow Disease was already taken! :-)

Someday had to say it!!!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
I don't know much about Minnesota cows but California has happy cows. I know because I saw it on TV.

:2muchgay:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline megimoo

:2muchgay:
Must be one of those cows molested by the California animal dorking queers !

Offline morningAngel

she was framed! :bird: