Author Topic: a jackpiner bounces a grocery store tale  (Read 1195 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
a jackpiner bounces a grocery store tale
« on: January 06, 2019, 09:16:12 PM »
https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/a-bubble-bursting-tale-from-my-neighborhood-warning-to-racists-reading-this-post-might-cause-cognitive-dissonance/

Oh my.

Ohio Barbarian      January 5, 2019 at 3:14 PM

Last week, local news reported that the Giant Eagle grocery store less than two miles easy drive of us was closing February 1.

My wife and I have been regularly shopping there for the last ten years, and the next closest real grocery store is five miles away in heavier traffic. We were just two of several thousand people who were upset by this development.

Anyway, my wife was angry about the whole situation for those and other good reasons too numerous to list here, and went to an internet forum dedicated to the latest developments in the local free over-the-air TV world for a distraction. Lo and behold, some white guy in his 70s living out in White Flight Land had posted the store closure story and blamed the mostly poor, mostly black, and many disabled people who lived in the towering apartment complex across the street whose notoriously negligent and predatory corporate owners accepted Section 8 housing assistance.

They were to blame because you know how those people were forced on the poor megamillionaire landlords by the big bad government, trashed their apartments, and committed God only knew how many crimes in the area.

In fact, Section 8 housing is a good bargain for real estate investors such as Donald Trump and Beto O’Rourke*’s father-in-law. They get guaranteed income, let the place go to pieces by refusing to perform basic maintenance, and then either file Chapter 11 or pay a fine and/or sell the property in the next real estate scam.

Mrs. Barbarian, good Trotskyist that she is, went ballistic over this guy’s comments last night, drank a couple of Bombay gin & orange juices, and went to sleep. This morning, still fuming over this ignorant poltroon’s comments, she went to the aforementioned Giant Eagle to buy some groceries.

On her way out of the store, pushing her full shopping cart to her car, she noticed that there was a car parked next to our Hyundai. There were five young black men standing around this smaller car. All of them were wearing hoodies and dew rags. As Mrs. Barbarian pushed to cart up next to our trunk, one of them spoke to her.

He said, “Hi mommy!” Then they all smiled at her, proceeded to get into their vehicle, and drove off.

In the local neighborhood parlance, “Mommy” is a term of endearment and respect for older women. All the kids call Mrs. Barbarian “Mommy.”

So she came home, told me the story in a hilariously sarcastic manner, and observed that if that old white guy would just get out of his bubble and get to know those people he would quickly learn that he has nothing to fear from them. She also noted that not once in all those ten years had she or I or anyone we knew ever had occasion to fear the people from that apartment complex who shopped in that little shopping center.

And, praise Freya! She’s in a better mood.

Fear of the Other is such an ugly thing, and it is expertly used by ruling classes everywhere to keep the lower orders divided against themselves. The thing is, like most of the other residents of this most ethnically mixed of Cleveland’s inner ring suburbs, we are all now just fellow residents.

It is impossible to fear the Other if one knows that the Other does not exist.

*please notice that franksolich was the first to predict, some time ago, that the failed senatorial candidate from Texas would replace the failed Demo presidential candidate from 2016 as the bete noire of the supporters of the hoary old white-haired sourassed sourpuss crank from Vermont and his thieving wife.

<<<pats self on back for being so prescient.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: a jackpiner bounces a grocery store tale
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 08:13:49 AM »
He should have added something about an obamaphone in the story to make it more believable.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 08:43:29 AM »
Whatever. Idiocy doesn't discriminate based on skin color. Neither does decency.

That the :bouncy:-teller slimed the apartment complex owner suggests to me that the supposedly racist jerk's rant may have had substantial basis in fact wrt the Section 8 housing-dwellers.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 01:39:21 PM »
And likely the only truth in this tale revolves around the Bombay gin & orange juice.

yeah, I was going to say the only thing I got out of that mess was that mrs Barbarian is an alky
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 03:02:47 PM »
Well I think it time for DUmmy Ohio Barbarian to roll up he/she/it's sleeves, sign a lease on a convenient commercial property and rally the troops to start their own grocery Co-Op!  Yeah, show the world how it's done!
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 03:28:34 PM »
Well I think it time for DUmmy Ohio Barbarian to roll up he/she/it's sleeves, sign a lease on a convenient commercial property and rally the troops to start their own grocery Co-Op!  Yeah, show the world how it's done!

Pay what you feel like paying model of business.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Karin

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 09:22:33 PM »
In fact, Section 8 housing is a good bargain for real estate investors such as Donald Trump and Beto O’Rourke*’s father-in-law. They get guaranteed income, let the place go to pieces by refusing to perform basic maintenance, and then either file Chapter 11 or pay a fine and/or sell the property in the next real estate scam.

In fact, it's not a good bargain, as these apartments turn into fire trap meth kitchens.  I do not rent to DUmmies or druggies. 

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 06:57:27 AM »
Rollin down the street, smokin indo, sippin on gin and juice
Laid back (with my mind on my money and my money on my mind)
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 08:20:10 AM »
Bombay gin & orange juices

Notice how they always have to mention a premium brand.  Who the hell mixes Bombay with orange juice???  That's like Ciroc vodka and Red Bull...a WASTE.

We know it came in a plastic bottle and had a white label with black letters that said "GIN".
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 08:24:31 AM »
In fact, it's not a good bargain, as these apartments turn into fire trap meth kitchens.  I do not rent to DUmmies or druggies.
The rules and regs don't make it worthwhile to me. Complete waste of a good house. Takes forever for the politburo to get you signed up too
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2019, 08:46:26 AM »

About a mile from my home there is a condo complex that was built as Section 8 housing. I don't recall any meth labs or frequent police raids. Some family friends lived in it for a time, so I know there was an onsite manager who arranged maintenance. As soon as their time commitment that was probably part of the financial arrangements for building the complex was up, they started moving out the Section 8 tenants, cleaning out (A/R) the apartments, and upgrading/modernizing. After that they sold the apartments as condos at whatever the market price was at the time.

While I'm sure DUpipo would condemn the conversion from Section 8 housing to condos, what this property management company did was quite different from "let the place go to pieces by refusing to perform basic maintenance, and then filing Chapter 11" and the condos they sold were not a "real estate scam".

What my signature line says about DUpipo is also true of Jackpineys:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.