Author Topic: "Bush kept us safe after 9-11" I'm sick and tired of hearing this non-point  (Read 1624 times)

Offline CC27

mw (1000+ posts)      Sun Mar-15-09 11:42 AM
Original message
"Bush kept us safe after 9-11" I'm sick and tired of hearing this non-point
Republicans are re-ramping up this talking point. "Bush kept us safe after 9-11".

Why are Democrats quiet on this point? It's infuriating!

Bush "keeping us safe"--no attacks on American soil--from 9-11-01 to 1-20-09 is NOT remarkable.
Clinton "kept us safe"--no attacks on American soil--from 2-26-93 (first WTC)to 1-20-93--SEVEN MONTHS LONGER than Bush.
Bush I: NO attacks on US soil
Reagan: NO attacks on US soil
Carter: NO attacks on US soil
Ford: FALN bombing in NY on 1/24/75
Nixon: NO attacks on US soil
Johnson: NO attacks on US soil
Kennedy: NO attacks on US soil
Ike: NO attacks on US soil
Truman: NO attacks on US soil
Roosevelt: NO attacks on US soil
Hoover: NO attacks on US soil
Coolidge: NO attacks on US soil
Harding: NO attacks on US soil.
Wilson: Wall Street bombing on 9/16/20

The fact is, Bush's presidency is remarkable because of the attack on 9-11, not because there wasn't a second attack. And other Presidents didn't have to torture or wiretap to keep us safe

Republicans will respond by redefining "on American soil", like "Well, Clinton had the USS Cole bombing". But that wasn't US soil. If you want to compare attacks on all American interests worldwide, then Bush (and Clinton and others) have had several attacks during their presidencies: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001454.html

It's pissing me off that Republicans made this point throughout the campaign and no one called them on it. And recently Republicans have started to resurrect the point.

This thread just started. Sure it will filled with hate soon enough.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x8263499

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
More revisionist history from teh DUmmies.

Note to DUmmies...when an Embassy or U.S. ship of war...that is an attack on U.S. soil.

So your silly little argument is a non starter.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline CC27

More revisionist history from teh DUmmies.

Note to DUmmies...when an Embassy or U.S. ship of war...that is an attack on U.S. soil.

So your silly little argument is a non starter.

Silly DUmmies. Good seeing you Tx.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Morning CC
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Strider

The fact is, Bush's presidency is remarkable because of the attack on 9-11, not because there wasn't a second attack. And other Presidents didn't have to torture or wiretap to keep us safe
Yes....remarkable in that had Al Gore been in office the U.S would be a mirror image of France by now.
Not being attacked for the last 8 years was no accident. You only have to look at the aftermath of the Munich murders to realize what could have been.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Uh. NO.

What about the Weathermen?

What about Tim McVeigh?

I'm sure there are more of these but I can't think of them right now.

KC

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
And the DUmmies still believe that if AlBore had been elected there wouldn't have been a 9/11 attack.
 :mental:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Nothing in the scale or impact of 9/11 had ever occured or even been contemplated before so that alone makes the DUmmies entire point worthless.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
Uh. NO.

What about Tim McVeigh?

KC

I guess the USS Cole does not count either. That was on Bubba's watch. Of course the military was not really a priority of his.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline EastFacingNorth

• Math Geek
Something's off about that timeline.  I mean, I think there's something missing - and I'm not just talking about during the Clinton administration.

Wasn't there something that happened in Hawaii, quite a few years back now, that belongs on that timeline?
Taxation if and only if Representation.

The Founding Fathers only got it half right.

Offline Airwolf

Carter: NO attacks on US soil

This one alone should be called out just for the simple fact the Iranians took over an Embassy for 444 days with hostages. Then there is the one for the take over of the US Embassy in Saigon during the 68 Tet offensive. Then the one for Regan when they took over several American airliners and Hijacked them and the Marine barracks in Beirut.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Strider

Something's off about that timeline.  I mean, I think there's something missing - and I'm not just talking about during the Clinton administration.

Wasn't there something that happened in Hawaii, quite a few years back now, that belongs on that timeline?
yep....
They say Obama was born there.....they say....

Offline Chris_

Uh. NO.

What about Tim McVeigh?

KC

And then of course, the DUmbasses forget the most important point:

If Bubba had taken Osama bin Slapnuts' head on the silver platter when Sudan had offered it to him, there would never have BEEN a 9/11 attack
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Servonaut

• In Memoriam
  • "Memento Mori"
What about Richard Reid, Jose Padilla, and the Lackawanna Six ?

President Bush's policies stopped those assholes.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 02:04:10 PM by Servonaut »

Offline EastFacingNorth

• Math Geek
yep....
They say Obama was born there.....they say....

Actually I was thinking Pearl Harbor, what with the whole attacks on America soil context.
Taxation if and only if Representation.

The Founding Fathers only got it half right.

Offline Peter3_1

FDR  Hawaii, US Soil, Alaskan Islands U.S. Soil, Midway U. S. Soil, CA, WA OR, FL and NY FIVE states that are  US soil, all attacked or "invaded" during WW2.

Johnson, at least one Embassy attacked. Eisenhower one or two EMBASSIES ATTACKED, 

CARTER eMBASSY ATTACKED, citizens/diplomats siezed.

Clinton, NYC WTC 1 attack on our soil.

And that's just part that I can think of offhand. There were several attacks on the CZ OVER THE YEARS, oddball bombings, assassinations of diplomats, South American, ME, Asian and African attacks on our Embassies, we live in a far more dangerous world than the DUmmies will admit. 

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
The public won't know for 20 or more years how many attacks were directly prevented in their larval phase during the Bush administration, because a good portion of that information would be by necessity classified.

Even the people with the above information will only be able to guess at the additional number stopped because the people that would plan and execute them have already received their shipment of virgins.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
Actually I was thinking Pearl Harbor, what with the whole attacks on America soil context.

they accuse us of rewriting the rules, but i guess they're only going to count actual states.  Hawaii was just a territory at the time of Pearl Harbor, so it doesn't count, and certainly can't be a knock against FDR or Democratic policies.  Same with Tehran, not an actual state, so doesn't count against Carter, ditto embassies in Tanzania and Nairobi, can't be blamed on Billy Jeff.

I know it's like stating that water is wet, but these people have no sense of history beyond waking up in the morning.

Offline Chris_

2-26-93 (first WTC)to 1-20-93
Um?

Offline Lacarnut

I hope I am wrong but with this dummie in the W.H., I think another attack is imminent.

Offline Strider

yep....thought of that but couldn't resist the rub.... :-)