Author Topic: Why is the media showing propaganda and allowing trump to control the news cycle  (Read 740 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
duforsure (10,027 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214075806

Why is the media showing propaganda and allowing trump to control the news cycle?

By showing him and others lying, showing his rally pictures, and allowing him to change the news cycle they're enabling him.

They show him lying every day over and over again, and they should instead show Biden, and promoting positive things , not this constant barrage of propaganda trump puts out. I'm just about to the point of not watching much of anything until he's ousted.

I can watch You Tube and get great moments of President Obama , or funny uplifting things instead of all this crap about trump.

What's worse is seeing anyone supporting someone as evil and trump is, and that's so sad these people are conned by him so easily into believing him. Media should be showing how when he says something how its always the opposite of what he does, and how he projects his actions upon others.

He's admitting what he's up to all the time. When he claims he's turned this virus around he's admitting he knows he's intentionally spreading it. When he claimed it was a hoax , or a Democrat plot, he's admitting he knew it was deadly, and a killer , yet he still held rally's, which tells you he knew it would kill people, his own supporters.

Media needs to do a better job, and stop helping him spread fear , hate,and constant propaganda.

I have better things to do then have to listen to trump threats every day, and the media repeating them over and over.

:thatsright:

Star Member BigmanPigman (37,370 posts)

1. The MSM and social media has made this a 2016 redux, purposely.

I haven't heard any news anchors reminding us that Caputo was paid by Putin and worked with Stone.

Caputo was employed by a Moscow-headquartered subsidiary of Gazprom, Gazprom-Media. He was contracted by Gazprom in 2000 to work for Russian leader Vladimir Putin. His task was to increase Putin's public relations standing, specifically his support level in the U.S. He moved back from Russia to the U.S. in the year 2000."

"After returning to the U.S., Caputo was called by his former mentor Roger Stone, who convinced him to move to Miami Beach, Florida, and then Caputo founded his media advising company Michael Caputo Public Relations."

Star Member Roy Rolling (4,600 posts)

14. I Must Respectfully Disagree

No MSM outlets carry his rallies live, and Rachel Maddow did a 20-minute segment devoted to Caputo last night. It’s a weak sequel at best.

Blaming the media is a Trump/ Putin propaganda mainstay. Knowledgeable people like you shouldn’t make the mistake of lumping in all media outlets with the right-wing propaganda networks. Be selective.

There’s certainly criticism for the way commercial media outlets cashed-in on the 2016 Trump shitshow. It, in essence, gave him billions of free advertising in exchange for airing his clown act. But the evidence doesn’t support your allegation of a deliberate 2020 conspiracy.

Please reconsider.

:mental:

overleft (73 posts)

16. Most of the media is owned by repub supporters.

gab13by13 (1,914 posts)

17. Please reconsider,

I agree with the poster. I have seen 24/7 coverage of the 2 cops who were shot. I have seen a trend also from CNN and msnbc to shift the narratives. ABC questioned a Biden surrogate why Joe didn't do more to stop the pandemic? Think about that.

We better soon hear more of Woodward's audio or that too will hit the dust bin.

It isn't as bad as 2016 but Trump people know how to control the media. There is little mention of what Trump is doing to rig the election. Kanye West is on the ballot in several states. My ballot in Pa. is delayed because Republicans are trying to get the Green party on the ballot. The mess with the Post Office continues. The purging of voters continues.

It has little to do with cashing in, cable news is not liberal, the mistake is thinking it is.

Trump's ad that ran from Sept. 8th through the 12th that said support our troops was a video of Russian jets and probably Russian soldiers. What MSM outlet has reported on that?

Star Member KT2000 (18,617 posts)

4. trump feeds the media

with his outrageous comments and tweets. He knows how to get attention and keep it by keeping a constant flow of ridiculous comments and the media bites.

There is also some really good investigative journalism happening but media does not pick up on it.

Star Member JI7 (78,992 posts)

12. Because they are Lazy and someone said they are more "infotainment" than news reporters

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

The MSM covers Trump's rallies because he is running for President. And on the occasions Joe when comes out of his basement, they obediently ask the Biden Campaign's scripted questions while keeping Joe's teleprompter off camera. Because Joe is running for President and the MSM want him to win.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

I can watch You Tube and get great moments of President Obama , or funny uplifting things instead of all this crap about trump.

then turn off your TV and watch  content of your choice on YouTube.

****!  It isn't that hard to figure out!
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

then turn off your TV and watch  content of your choice on YouTube.

****!  It isn't that hard to figure out!

For many DUpipo watching Trump events and speeches seems to be like so many moths drawn to the Trump-Flame! :o  :mental:  :tongue:  :fuelfire:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

Trump's ad that ran from Sept. 8th through the 12th that said support our troops was a video of Russian jets and probably Russian soldiers. What MSM outlet has reported on that?

What's this now?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline ADsOutburst

What's this now?
Probably this:

Probably someone working on the ad didn't know a MiG-29 from an American jet and put the image together without researching.

So yeah, a gaffe. Not as bad as Biden playing "Despacito" at his campaign event.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 11:59:04 AM by ADsOutburst »

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Probably this:

Probably someone working on the ad didn't know a MiG-29 from an American jet and put the image together without researching.

So yeah, a gaffe. Not as bad as Biden playing "Despacito" at his campaign event.

The soldier on the right is carrying an AK judging from the silhouette of his weapon. So, yeah, those are also probably Russian or Russian armed troops in the picture.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe