Author Topic: I cannot bring myself to care about the suffering they will endure  (Read 4304 times)

Offline CC27

Soph0571 (4,802 posts)

I cannot bring myself to care about the suffering they will endure

Conservatives exist for the singular purpose of safeguarding their privilege. They abhor any form of egalitarianism. It has evidentially been conservative policy since the 1970’s to exploit the working class. And yet many in the working class persist in voting against their own best interest. Look at Trump and look at Brexit. As things go tits up, the awful outcomes that are presenting themselves as we live through this moment in history, is 100% the fault of people who have voted for it.

Ironically, some of those most vulnerable to economic fluctuations are those who have brought this shit shower down on our respective heads.

For those who voted for Trump, for Brexit etc et al, I blame them, and I cannot bring myself to care about the suffering they will endure because of their choices. At this point, as they continue to defend their anti-democratic choices, one can happily say they have made their bed and they must lay in it, and while they may embrace that concept with glee I do not think they have a clue how bad things are going to get under our wannabe strongmen.

I predict riots…

As already deprived areas are further disadvantaged cause conservatives, people will not blame the votes they took, but that will not stop them taking to the streets to voice their despair – and despair it will be. I will say this, here in Brexit Land…for the first time in my tax-paying life, I will begrudge every single penny that has to be diverted from public services to feed those who voted Leave and who will inevitably suffer the consequences of that choice. But I can tell you one thing. It will not stop me saying I told you so.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212469588

Bring it DUmmy. We have the all the guns.

Offline SVPete

Re: I cannot bring myself to care about the suffering they will endure
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 09:08:39 AM »
DU-member Soph0571 shouldn't post while doing :stoner: hits.

If Trump loses next year, I won't be like the whiny snowflakes of 2016 and 2017. I didn't whine when Obama won, and I didn't whine when Clinton won. Conversely, I felt no need to rub in Reagan's, Bushes', and Trump's wins.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 09:15:50 AM »
The Remainers demanded a referendum on Brexit.

Then they lost the referendum.

Now they bitch it's a threat to democracy.

LOLGF
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 09:27:11 AM »
Soph0571 (4,802 posts) has lost what little grip on reality it had.

Soph0571's world consist of total cognitive dissonance,  rosy pink skies and math basesd on 1+1=POTATO.

This person should never own a gun or anything more dangerous than 1/4" diameter dowel.  It is a danger to itself and anyone around it.  For humanity's sake it should be locked up ai a tiny little rubber room and given  extreme psychological medical attention. 
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 10:01:30 AM »
The Soph0571 primitive it seems enjoys having a nanny-state tell them how to live their lives -- from when to wake up to when they go to sleep and instructions on all they should do every minute in-between. Just because the Brits have given up their freedom to having their lives dictated by the gov't doesn't mean others want to live that way.

Brexit is a bunch of Brits pushing back on the gov't taking away what few freedoms they have left. They might as well still be ruled by a monarch given how they've allowed their gov't to dictate to them all the things they have. I hardly see much of a difference.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 10:21:04 AM »
Projection. Plain and simple.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 12:06:19 PM »
Quote from:
Soph0571

I cannot bring myself to care about the suffering they will endure

To the point, who among us would want this primitive to care? The extent to which liberals care about anything or anyone is only to the point of saying "I care", and then in their eyes they've done something. So what good would this primitive "caring" do anyone?

I would much rather prefer someone tell me that I need to pull myself up, then tell me they're willing to help but only if I want any.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 01:37:53 PM »
Projection. Plain and simple.
The have it exactly backwards. Your typical "liberal"/SJW/whatever you want to call them is a picture of privilege.

It is the privileged who claim you don't need guns to defend yourself. It is the privileged who think there is no immigration. It is the privileged who talk about changing the country to deal with, say, climate change, or social justice, etc.; they aren't the ones who will be burdened with the cost of such things.

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2019, 09:48:07 AM »
The Remainers demanded a referendum on Brexit.

Then they lost the referendum.

Now they bitch it's a threat to democracy.

LOLGF

They love to call for votes which they think they'll win - unfortunately they're not quite the vast majority they think they are, because most of the country lives outside of their ghastly little bubble.

Voting for BrExit was one of the happier moments I've had - hearing the results come in even more so. (The ongoing panic and angst of the remoaners are pretty high up there too...)

Offline jukin

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2019, 08:46:06 AM »
I don't care if you care about my 401K doubling in value. Or that Trump has added 6 million to the workforce. Or that economic conditions have never been better. Or that China is on the ropes and that Trump has Mexico and El Salvador are becoming asylums and not the USA for criminal invading illegal aliens. Or that Trump is transforming the judiciary into courts of LAW.

I do think your are hilarious in your impotent demands of going back to a shit economy, and world affairs under Obama.  You all should be in mental institutions.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Karin

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2019, 07:08:37 PM »
Listen up you farmers!

matt819 (7,736 posts)

4. Well said

I don't know how farmers in the UK voted on Brexit. But the farmers here voted for Trump. Ok, not all farmers. But the politically conservative folks in the flyover states. As much as they complain now, they will vote for him again. Because they are congenitally unable to vote for a Democrat. Or a woman. Or a person of color. Or a Jew. Or an Eastern liberal. Or someone who believes in women's rights. Or someone who wants to do something about gun control. So they'll suffer economically, they'll lose their farms, rather than vote, for once, in their own interests.

Brainfodder (431 posts)

8. Agreed, the never ending fight for a fair minimum wage is all the proof I needed!

Even at $23/hr that's not a great existance after taxes.

Meanwhile, trying to pretend $15 an hour increase spread over years to get there, is enough, while cost of just getting by goes up up UP!

:lmao:  Cause and Effect goes Whoooooosh over the head.

A high post which makes no sense:

bucolic_frolic (13,041 posts)

9. Flip Flop Swap

How about instead of Trump staying, and Britain leaving, we swap you ... Trump leaves and Britain stays?

OP thinks it's brilliant:

Star Member Soph0571 (4,878 posts)

11. That is THE plan...

Now we have to make it happen!

:lmao:

Amber:

Lady Freedom Returns (9,915 posts)

13. It's people like me who are going to suffer more because of people voting for people like MF45.

I'm at the bottom of the bottom of the barrel now! 4 more years will probably kill me, literally.

Or you could participate in the new prosperity.  Or just die.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2019, 08:20:44 PM »
Lady Freedom Returns (9,915 posts)

13. It's people like me who are going to suffer more because of people voting for people like MF45.

I'm at the bottom of the bottom of the barrel now! 4 more years will probably kill me, literally.

She really needs to be more positive,  she's managed to corner the entire "behind the dumpster service industry" for all of Tucson.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2019, 01:32:22 AM »
She really needs to be more positive,  she's managed to corner the entire "behind the dumpster service industry" for all of Tucson.

What Amber seems to forget is that it would be good for her to suffer more.

Suffering builds character.
apres moi, le deluge