Author Topic: 17 YO dies after stopping treatment for cancer to give birth  (Read 3006 times)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Re: 17 YO dies after stopping treatment for cancer to give birth
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2012, 06:07:32 AM »
I haven't read all of your post yet but why would your in-laws have any say in you aborting or not?  Don't you have a husband that would take care of them if something happened to you?

BEG, Hubby had 14 or so years in the Navy at that point, were I to die he would have to abandon his carear at that point and no retirement.   All came down to finances for these people and both sides of the family knew the value of retirement, both grandpas were retired Chiefs.

Hubby was the only male in his family, he had 4 older sisters that doted on him, none of who wanted to add my children to their family.  Two had no children nor wanted them, the other 2 had more kids then they could handle.

I was an only child, no back up for me, even the Skipper of the Sub worried about how Hubby could function out on patrol for 3 months with worry about me.     I was told that if I died while he was out, he would get his fam-grams from someone purporting to be me with bright and cheerfull messages.

A long time ago in a far away time, but the wounds are still there, I was so young, scared and 6,000 miles from home.  Two little kids to care for alone for 3 months of the year in a very difficult  pregnancy. 

Mother sold her car, packed her bags to fly out to care for the kids 3 days before Hubby had to shove off.  6 weeks before my due date and 1 day short of Mother arriving, I gave birth to a 4 pound baby boy.   Hubby met Moms plane and to her surprise announced that the new baby, small as it was was healthy.  She had not looked forward to spending 6 weeks with me in and out of the hospital.

One day later Hubby had to leave, the Lord had some surprising timing for all this, Mother claims that God has a sense of humor, here we were all shaken up over this and God surprised us with a healthy baby and my health problems went away.

Another surprise 18 months later a baby girl that years later presented us with a grandson that is today a Marine.

OH yes, God had plans for us, how disappointed God must be when people interfear with his plans for the future by Aborting, throwing away his Greatest Gift of the future.   

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2012, 06:43:13 AM »
BEG, Hubby had 14 or so years in the Navy at that point, were I to die he would have to abandon his carear at that point and no retirement.   All came down to finances for these people and both sides of the family knew the value of retirement, both grandpas were retired Chiefs.

Hubby was the only male in his family, he had 4 older sisters that doted on him, none of who wanted to add my children to their family.  Two had no children nor wanted them, the other 2 had more kids then they could handle.

I was an only child, no back up for me, even the Skipper of the Sub worried about how Hubby could function out on patrol for 3 months with worry about me.     I was told that if I died while he was out, he would get his fam-grams from someone purporting to be me with bright and cheerfull messages.

A long time ago in a far away time, but the wounds are still there, I was so young, scared and 6,000 miles from home.  Two little kids to care for alone for 3 months of the year in a very difficult  pregnancy. 

Mother sold her car, packed her bags to fly out to care for the kids 3 days before Hubby had to shove off.  6 weeks before my due date and 1 day short of Mother arriving, I gave birth to a 4 pound baby boy.   Hubby met Moms plane and to her surprise announced that the new baby, small as it was was healthy.  She had not looked forward to spending 6 weeks with me in and out of the hospital.

One day later Hubby had to leave, the Lord had some surprising timing for all this, Mother claims that God has a sense of humor, here we were all shaken up over this and God surprised us with a healthy baby and my health problems went away.

Another surprise 18 months later a baby girl that years later presented us with a grandson that is today a Marine.

OH yes, God had plans for us, how disappointed God must be when people interfear with his plans for the future by Aborting, throwing away his Greatest Gift of the future.   

Been married 23 years, 21 of which I was married to the military.  My husband deployed more some years than he was home (USAF have been on a fixed rotation to the sand box since Desert Storm, then of course came the Billy-Jeff humanitarian mission years).   When he was away, the military was my family.   It has always been this way for the USAF.   I am surprised you felt so all alone, as I would imagine the Navy would have very close military family communities. 

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2012, 06:46:36 AM »
Remember DU's outrage of the 19 year old hypochondriac drug addict habitual liar attention whore from #OccupyWherever that claimed the police killed her 3 month old unborn child?

DU doesn't

Oh yes, no they don't remember do they?

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2012, 08:27:09 AM »
Been married 23 years, 21 of which I was married to the military.  My husband deployed more some years than he was home (USAF have been on a fixed rotation to the sand box since Desert Storm, then of course came the Billy-Jeff humanitarian mission years).   When he was away, the military was my family.   It has always been this way for the USAF.   I am surprised you felt so all alone, as I would imagine the Navy would have very close military family communities. 

It is very close ,unfortunately I myself was never the kind to join woman's groups, I learned very early in life from my Mother that SOME, not all, could become a breeding pit for vipers and the lonly woman that had nothing to do but put down others that they felt did not fit in or are jealous of.

Example, some idiot woman hearing a rumor that there had been an accident on the boat called me out of the blue to with much excitement  inform me of a non existant accident.    ARGGGGGG. I was 7 months pregnant and scared me to death. 

The one and only wife's meeting I went to began to trash a wife with a handicapped child, seems these woman must have spent hours outside her home watching her.   None of these woman knew her except in passing,    I baby sat for the woman.

The woman had a brother in the Navy on board a floter and would visit her as would her father and mother.  Her family checked in on her and the baby often when her hubby was gone to sea.

Unbelievable the problems that came up, the brother and father were now her boyfriends that came when Hubby was out to sea.     Soon a couple of wives wrote to their Hubbys that this woman was carrying on, and naturally down the line the husband heard all this.

Neither the husband or wife felt the need to tell anyone about anyone that came to their home, and the fact they did not set people straight led to big problems for them.

The one meeting I went to I blew sky high on these harpies, said my piece and walked out.  I had just a few  wives friends on the boat, those that stayed far and away from the wives clubs.

I did make friends with the wives who had no connection to Hubbys boat or job.   At one time in temporary housing we found ourselves livng in an area of 60% black familys, Marines, and Navy. Best time of our lives. we all pulled together, learned each others traditions and laughed and cried at the strange ideas we had about each others race.

To this day I am very careful of making friends, politics runs deep in friendship, either you love or hate the same thing or you make enemys of those that do not agree with you.

Hard to hold ones tongue when the wives get together and complain about some yeast infection they get every time their Hubby comes home from overseas.  Their husbands stand about  :whistling: while the Navy Doctors tell the woman it is because it is the wifes  fault, they do not wipe correctly or take bubble baths.   One does not get out medical books to show a wife  they have VD, I just had to grit my teeth.  Best to mind my own business and take care of my own family.

Long time ago, the kids father died 25 years ago, we went through some crazy times together.     

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2012, 08:40:03 AM »
Oh yes they did, very surprising how people will react when a pregnant child is facing perhaps death that they could avoid just by having a procedure done. ----------- Their thinking not mine.

I found that some very conservitive people are conservitive when others are effected, when it comes to their own family all that goes out the window. Both sides of the family were in an uproar on who would raise my kids if I died, and one in law told me I had no way of knowing  if both me and the baby would die.

They were hardly a joyfull supportive bunch, they were terrified that I was making the worse decision I could make for my other 2 kids and both sides of the family would have their lives changed forever.

I made the right decision, but that was not the worse of it, 9 months later I found out I was again pregnant.

This time they acted like I was deliberately getting pregnant just to spite them.    My in laws refused to even speak to me and my parents were in shock.  

They were Conservatives of the time all so different from today.--------or were they ????

Pay attention to the bolded, vesta, and tell me if you see a pattern emerge.  Look real hard, you just might see that you are basing your opinion off of the actions of your family.  Using a microcosm of the stick-straight genetic line from which you flopped forth is hardly a standard to apply to any situation.

So no, vesta, Conservatives don't do that kind of crap.

WASP, there is something about a sudden death that shocks, surprises and causes family's to pull together.

:whatever:

And yes I did vote for for Obama, and Hell hath no furry like a woman scorned.    That SOB tricked me, the slippery snake, for some reason I suspended reality when I believed he could better the world.

No, really, you are.  What kind of idiotic moonbeams and rainbows dance in your friggin' head to believe that some dipshit marxist rookie was going to save us all and "better the world"?  I thought that with age came wisdom but you have certainly proven that to be completely wrong.

I am glad I have gotten to actually observe and interact with a butt-stupid barry big ears voter that bought all of that hokey bullshit he was spewing.  It has been the most eye opening experience of my adult life, save the time I realized how much welfare whores were getting paid to sit on their asses and crank out bastard children.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 08:44:38 AM by wasp69 »
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2012, 02:42:05 PM »
Pay attention to the bolded, vesta, and tell me if you see a pattern emerge.  Look real hard, you just might see that you are basing your opinion off of the actions of your family.  Using a microcosm of the stick-straight genetic line from which you flopped forth is hardly a standard to apply to any situation.

So no, vesta, Conservatives don't do that kind of crap.

No, really, you are.  What kind of idiotic moonbeams and rainbows dance in your friggin' head to believe that some dipshit Marxist rookie was going to save us all and "better the world"?  I thought that with age came wisdom but you have certainly proven that to be completely wrong.

I am glad I have gotten to actually observe and interact with a butt-stupid barry big ears voter that bought all of that hokey bullshit he was spewing.  It has been the most eye opening experience of my adult life, save the time I realized how much welfare whores were getting paid to sit on their asses and crank out bastard children.

When do you expect the average person working for aliving. perhaps 2 jobs to be able to spend time outside the few hours they have to spend with family to get involved with the politics of the time, be it town, city or federal???

Hell, the hard workers are too tired to even watch the news on TV.   

The welfare whores are family members with husbands that leave in the night, leave the woman to support alone their  kids that they desert and run off to make more baby's, the state has now to support Their kids as they  go off and make more.

The mothers of these children now are called welfare whores, the fathers are  unless arrested, just good old guys that got themselves in a mess.

No such thing as a welfare whore, no woman wants to have a child with out a daddy, -----whats the matter with you,

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2012, 02:45:51 PM »

No such thing as a welfare whore, no woman wants to have a child with out a daddy, -----whats the matter with you,

You are really thick.  Of course they want to have a child without a daddy or they wouldn't open their ****ing legs at every dick that comes their way. It's not like it's a new thing in the "poor" communities this sex thing getting someone pregnant.  OMG!  you make me so angry sometimes at your stupidity.  PLEASE PLEASE!  quit giving people excuses for their bad behavior and continious INTENTIONAL mistakes. 

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2012, 03:15:05 PM »
This year, without question, vestanumbers gets nominated for one of the DUmmy awards.

No one at the DUmp is DUmber.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2012, 03:44:18 PM »
When do you expect the average person working for aliving. perhaps 2 jobs to be able to spend time outside the few hours they have to spend with family to get involved with the politics of the time, be it town, city or federal???

Hell, the hard workers are too tired to even watch the news on TV. 

I was on sea duty when you were throwing your vote away (because you just couldn't be bothered with doing your duty as a friggin' citizen) and I somehow managed to do it.  You, fellow citizen, have no excuse.

None. 

You, and the rest of the dumbasses that fell for captain hopey-changey because you're just "too tired" to be informed, should have your voting rights stripped for at least the next 3 general election cycles.

The welfare whores are family members with husbands that leave in the night, leave the woman to support alone their  kids that they desert and run off to make more baby's, the state has now to support Their kids as they  go off and make more.

The mothers of these children now are called welfare whores, the fathers are  unless arrested, just good old guys that got themselves in a mess.

Third, the current welfare system rewards dependency and punishes initiative. Welfare does not require recipients to do anything in exchange for their benefits. Many rules actually discourage work, and provide benefits that reduce the incentive to find work. In Maryland, for example, a single parent with two children would need to earn a minimum of $7.50 an hour to earn the same amount as provided by welfare grants and benefits. Is it any wonder that so many welfare mothers therefore conclude that staying on welfare is better than getting off.
http://www.leaderu.com/orgs/probe/docs/welfare.html

No, stupid, they're not. 

Either you have not been paying attention (not hard to believe) or you have spent most of the past 40+ years with your head up your ass (even easier to believe), but our government has been taking tax dollars and throwing them at single women who had to do nothing to earn it except have more children and stay single.

You are talking about women who need a hand up until things get better.  I prefer private charities and family members to take care of that but I am not completely opposed to a hand up when it is needed.  When it becomes multigenerational, that's where I start to get a bit twitchy. 

You are referring to women and children that were abandoned, not single whores who have mo' children to get mo' money. 

You are either purposely ignorant or completely oblivious, vesta.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2013, 09:09:04 PM »
Sorry to go gravedigging. Wasp recommeded this thread to me based on a Purple Sage thread...

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,92314.msg1160745/topicseen.html#new

I never saw this thread. Wow, just wow. I must have been in the South Pacific then when I was banned for using an address that Dipshit Malloy evidently used.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2013, 09:25:16 PM »
Well, did she deliberately get pregnant? That would still be her choice but teenagers, even with free birth control, aren't always the most careful people on the planet. She took responsibility for her actions. Brave young woman and much more mature and compassionate than the people at DU.

There's no reason to believe just because other family member(s) get cancer this young man will. There will be an incredible amount of medical advances in his lifetime as well. Even so, better to have a life of quality & love (as this baby boy surely will be) even if it's short, than killed before he even has a chance. Whether the selfish harpies at DU will admit it or not, it IS noble to do what this young woman did, just as noble as a soldier who jumps on a grenade to save his brothers.

No life is without risk and I think when it's your time, it will happen, it's just a matter of how. Sadly, teenagers die everyday for absolutely stupid reasons: texting while driving, doing drugs, driving drunk, paying more attention to friends than the road, disease (including cancer), falling off a roof, etc. This young woman decided to love a baby she would only share a little time with before she died. She's one of those people that restores your faith in humanity.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2013, 10:06:31 PM »
Response to JI7 (Original post)

Wed Dec 28, 2011, 09:42 PM

pitohui
8. well i agree it's not a tragedy but rather a darwin award

View profile
very hard for me to have any sympathy for anyone of any age who makes the choice to get pregnant after a cancer diagnosis

if you want to kill yourself, do it honestly, instead of getting a child involved who will have the guilt hanging over its head lifelong

there is nothing on her side to agree with, it sounds like she was severely mentally ill, chemotherapy does affect the brain and sometimes the ability to make good decisions

this is assuming what you and the story say is true -- that we are not talking about someone already pregnant who found out she had cancer and decided to sacrifice her life for the child, we're talking about someone who had the cancer FIRST and THEN got pregnant, effectively creating the perfect excuse for not being able to continue w. chemo

in that case she wanted to die and i do not celebrate a 17 year old choosing death and using a baby as an excuse for suicide

Darwin Award is for people who do stupid things.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du