Author Topic: WI gets castle doctrine law- the sky is faling- the sky is falling  (Read 2761 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x2445973#2449304

Scuba Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list     Thu Dec-08-11 06:11 AM
Original message
Wisconsin: Scott Walker signs "death penalty for burglars" bill

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/walker-to-si...

..snip..

Madison - Homeowners who shoot intruders will have new legal protections, under a bill signed Wednesday by Gov. Scott Walker.

Under the intruders bill, courts in most criminal and civil matters would presume that people using deadly force had acted reasonably against anyone unlawfully inside their residence, business or vehicle, whether the trespasser was armed or not.

The proposal is sometimes known as the "castle doctrine," a reference to the saying that one's home is one's castle. The bill passed the Senate and Assembly on bipartisan votes last month.

A group within the State Bar of Wisconsin representing more than 600 criminal defense lawyers, prosecutors, judges and academics opposed the castle doctrine bill because "malevolent, reckless, or paranoid people who shoot trick-or-treaters or repairmen on their porch will be presumed to be acting in self-defense." Members of that group say they can't come up with a single case where a homeowner was charged with a crime for defending himself or herself against an intruder.

..end..

Jobs for coroners, I guess.

Here's a suggestion. Don't break into someones house. Problem solved.

kickysnana Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list     Thu Dec-08-11 08:48 AM
Response to Reply #1
3. Makes setting up a murder so much easier.n/t

Clueless.

kctim (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list     Thu Dec-08-11 09:22 AM
Response to Original message
5. The poor poor people of Wis.

We have a castle law here and "trick-or-treaters or repairmen" are shot and killed every day. It's crazy and I live in a constant state of fear.

It's not a "death penalty for burglars," it's a choice criminals must now at least give a little bit of thought.

Dirty freeper troll.

Dragonbreathp9d Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list     Thu Dec-08-11 12:57 PM
7. Sorry- but if someone breaks into my house- I don't know their intent- they will get shot

I support this as it is truly one of the only self protection gun laws. Don't break into my home, I won't even think twice. I might hate myself later on- but regardless- I'd rather be wrong in shooting than wrong in not

The lovelorn has a nasty streak. It musta been the women who deserted him that made him that way.

gratuitous Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list     Thu Dec-08-11 01:01 PM
8. Nothing in my house, including me, is worth someone else's life

But I realize I'm an extreme example, and in a society as steeped in violence and as awash in weapons as ours is, I'm definitely going against the tide of popular thought. I'm used to picking up the pieces by this point in my life.

He's a ****ing idiot.

michreject Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list     Thu Dec-08-11 04:58 PM
53. If someone is in my house uninvited

I'm not going to engage in a fact finding mission. I'm going to believe that he is there to do my family great bodily harm, up to including murder, and will act accordingly.

In other words, I will shoot upon first sight.

Me too.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
Re: WI gets castle doctrine law- the sky is faling- the sky is falling
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 08:43:54 PM »
kickysnana Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list     Thu Dec-08-11 08:48 AM
Response to Reply #1

Why are you so flipping stupid?  It's not like other states have had this law in place for years.  ::)

Do you think homeowner's bait the intruders and then kill them?  Fool.

Anyway, I am very proud of my home state.  They are growing up so quickly with Scott Walker in charge.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 05:20:36 AM »
ctim (1000+ posts)  Thu Dec-08-11 09:22 AM
5. The poor poor people of Wis.

We have a castle law here and "trick-or-treaters or repairmen" are shot and killed every day. It's crazy and I live in a constant state of fear.

It's not a "death penalty for burglars," it's a choice criminals must now at least give a little bit of thought.

You have trick-or-treaters every day?   :lmao:

I live so far out in the boonies, the BEST time I can hope for LEO's showing up is 10 minutes.  I don't dial 9-1-1 first, I dial 9mm.  9-1-1 is for the cleanup.

Besides, if you're so damned stupid as to ignore the No Trespassing signs posted everywhere, then you deserve what you will find here.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 05:24:10 AM by diesel driver »
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 07:50:47 AM »

He's mocking the "pearl-clutchers."
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 08:28:56 AM »
Ward Bird certainly could have used that law a few years back.  Now as it stands he's a convicted felon simply for "brandishing a weapon" on his own property against a person who trespassed on his property and who refused to leave when told to do so.

Fortunately the GOP is in charge in the legislature and not even Governor Do-Nothing Lynch's veto stood up.  We can not only defend ourselves in our homes and on our property now, but ANYWHERE we feel threatened in any place we have "a right to be" with no duty to retreat.

And despite the warnings of the cops/unions, no, we have not had Wild West shootouts on our streets.  Quite the opposite, in fact.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 09:27:14 AM »
Great!  That should encourage the street thugs to stay with their own kind in metro Milwaukee, instead of preying on the productive citizens.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Gratiot

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 09:32:13 AM »
My guess is that these trial lawyers, are upset that they will not be able to take the homes and life savings of good, hard-working, law-abiding citizens; by defending them in court for firing upon hardened criminals actively invading homes with people.

I don't even understand how these people can have a conscience.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 09:32:55 AM »
Ward Bird certainly could have used that law a few years back.  Now as it stands he's a convicted felon simply for "brandishing a weapon" on his own property against a person who trespassed on his property and who refused to leave when told to do so.

Fortunately the GOP is in charge in the legislature and not even Governor Do-Nothing Lynch's veto stood up.  We can not only defend ourselves in our homes and on our property now, but ANYWHERE we feel threatened in any place we have "a right to be" with no duty to retreat.

And despite the warnings of the cops/unions, no, we have not had Wild West shootouts on our streets.  Quite the opposite, in fact.

I am pretty sure here in NY that unless you can prove imminent danger to life your only legal recourse is to flee from an interloper. :banghead:

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 09:34:58 AM »
The bill passed the Senate and Assembly on bipartisan votes last month.

This stick in your craw(s), DUmmies?    :lmao:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 10:05:59 AM »
I am pretty sure here in NY that unless you can prove imminent danger to life your only legal recourse is to flee from an interloper. :banghead:

Unless you're in your own residence, Carl.  Then one may "shoot to stop."  "Stopping" can be interpreted as "rendering the invader a corpse," IIRC.  Every LEO I've talked to in NY about this has said this, and they've recommended the above definition.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 10:10:36 AM »
kickysnana Donating Member (1000+ posts)     Thu Dec-08-11 08:48 AM
Response to Reply #1

Nah, not true.  But it will probably go a long way towards reducing your voter base.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Tucker

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 10:41:00 AM »
Unless you're in your own residence, Carl.  Then one may "shoot to stop."  "Stopping" can be interpreted as "rendering the invader a corpse," IIRC.  Every LEO I've talked to in NY about this has said this, and they've recommended the above definition.

Keep in mind that dead men can't offer testimony.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 11:14:36 AM »

Perhaps but it still relies on a lot of interpretation.
Please correct me if I am wrong but if a person was to break in to my house tonight I still would have to prove I identified them as an intruder (being here alone is not enough) which means lights on and confronting them.
Then if there was any indication they were attempting to flee I could do nothing to prevent it and finally would have to prove a desire to do me physical harm.
In other words if it turned out they had no weapon or indication they were going to use it such as having a knife still in pocket when a LEO arrived I could still be charged with manslaughter.
Stupid state.

Offline jukin

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 11:23:46 AM »
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

I am truly liking the cut of the fellow Wlaker's jib.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 11:35:23 AM »
I look at it this way--if someone is running around in my house at 2 am and everyone else is in bed, I'm pretty ****ing sure it ain't the Avon lady.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 11:38:08 AM »
Florida has had this doctrine for years and it even extends to ones car and to any public place that the person who is carrying and has a valid carrier permit visits. If I am in a Wendy's and some one is robbing it and I feel that the robber represents a threat to my life or the life of someone else I can shoot him.

On a side note, the innocent people in Florida who are being killed are murdered by criminals not by law bidding citizens making a mistake.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Karin

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 12:31:09 PM »
gratuitous Donating Member (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-08-11 01:01 PM
8. Nothing in my house, including me, is worth someone else's lifetwo shits.

Good for Wisconsin.   :cheersmate:

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 02:43:48 PM »
The DUmmies cheer for the lives of thugs,pedophiles ,rapist and thieves but will ill a child in a heartbeat when they find out that night at the frat house or the bar turned into something unwanted. I see this as making things equal in the eyes of the law,you go into a home of a good decent person looking to score stuff because you feel entitled to it then I feel free to show you the error of your ways with my M1911.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 04:22:43 PM »

I live so far out in the boonies, the BEST time I can hope for LEO's showing up is 10 minutes.  I don't dial 9-1-1 first, I dial 9mm.  9-1-1 is for the cleanup.

Besides, if you're so damned stupid as to ignore the No Trespassing signs posted everywhere, then you deserve what you will find here.

Well now I know that if I ever come upon your place sometime to hold up a sign "I am Revolution from CC" while I stand outside your personal signs, and hope I don't hear a caulking ksouknd. *wide eyed*

Let's go, Walker!! *clap clap- clap clap clap*

The leftists in this state are losing their minds.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 04:30:48 PM »
I look at it this way--if someone is running around in my house at 2 am and everyone else is in bed, I'm pretty ****ing sure it ain't the Avon lady.

hack89 (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-08-11 04:51 PM
Response to Reply #8
50. And you can instantly tell if a intruder has peaceful intentions?
 just one look is all it takes to determine he poses no threat to your physical safety? Super powers like that must be cool.

But how do you KNOW, Sparky????

:rotf: :lmao: :rotf:

What a dolt.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 05:15:09 PM »
You know what the DUmmies real problem is with this don't you? They foresee a drastic decrese in live democrat voters and an increase in dead ones. And with most states pushing to clean up the voting rolls and demanding picture ID's....things aren't looking good for future democrat candidates.
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin

Offline Tucker

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2011, 05:31:51 PM »
You know what the DUmmies real problem is with this don't you? They foresee a drastic decrese in live democrat voters and an increase in dead ones. And with most states pushing to clean up the voting rolls and demanding picture ID's....things aren't looking good for future democrat candidates.

That's why they're trying to plant an idea that on line voting should be an option.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2011, 06:08:30 PM »
gratuitous (1000+ posts)
8. Nothing in my house, including me, is worth someone else's life

Good to know. Nice that you posted this on the net for all to see.
Anyone want to search his posting history and look for references about where he lives?
Maybe he's one of the DUmmies who actually posted his address at one point?

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2011, 06:49:58 PM »
gratuitous (1000+ posts)
8. Nothing in my house, including me, is worth someone else's life.

Gees, no parents, children or friends spending the night????

What is worth someone Else's life, Your Country, Your  Flag, those you love????

This I have heard before by the idealists that for some reason stand outside a prison and protest the execution of a mass murder.     Few of the protesters have had to bury children kidnapped and tortured by these animals, few ever felt rage against a monster that destroyed others lives for no reason that because they could for their own benefit.

As some monster has never invaded my home, I will feel pity for them and pray for their souls.   Good thinking, way to go to enable others to wreck terror and death on the innocents.

Why does the poster believe that he himself is equal to a monster and the life of a monster is as justified as his???

When do we put the value of a life so high that the monsters lives are as sacrid as a new Born's?????

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2011, 07:09:30 PM »

I live in the outer 'burbs of a regional city.

There's a daylight-hours police station 10 minutes away.

If I were to ring in a break'n'enter , disturbance , domestic etc call - the BEST I could hope for it 20 minutes.

Ring them up and tell them I just shot a home invader and they'll be there to lock me up faster than you can spit.