Author Topic: DU3- too many chiefs and not enough indians. 25+ locked threads on page 1  (Read 266 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x2438203

fishwax Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Dec-06-11 08:32 PM
Original message
There are 25+ locked threads on the front page of DU3's "Soapbox" forum

More locked than unlocked at the top of the page, from the looks of things.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/du3/?com=forum&id=...

joshcryer Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Dec-06-11 08:50 PM
Response to Reply #4
5. I'm really interested in the jury feature. It looks exciting.

fishwax Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Dec-06-11 08:53 PM
Response to Reply #5
8. I am too -- It's pretty cool

I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out in the long term.

You can also block 15 people from ever serving on your jury, which I didn't know until another poster pointed it out. (It's a tab under "My Account.") I look forward to the "welcome to my jury blacklist" becoming the new "welcome to my ignore list"

joshcryer Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Dec-06-11 08:58 PM
Response to Reply #12
15. I *think* that alerted posts get sent to a random jury pool.

And the jury decides if it's worth locking or deleting or whatever.

I haven't yet sat on a jury, so I'm not completely sure that's how it works, but that's what I'm getting from people commenting on it. You can also opt out if you don't want to make those decisions.

JVS Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Dec-06-11 08:51 PM
Response to Reply #4
7. They've gone back to the hard line separation between GD and Lounge.

I remember when people used to get indignant about their vanity posts getting moved to the lounge.

This from a thread in DU3 from link above:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/du3/1002949

REP (11,054 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail
13. This is great! Please consider reposting in Meta and The Lounge!

View profile
We can't move threads to appropriate forums

Paging Pam Dawson. Mrs Dawson pick up the red courtesy phone.

You can now C&P all of your brainless tales of woe in several different forums and the mods can't move them to the lounge.

Better Believe It Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Dec-06-11 08:50 PM
Response to Original message
6.  This could turn into a war game to see which DU political grouping can lock the most posts!   Updated at 5:45 PM

Let the games begin!

I can see DU turning into a real lovefest with everyone who doesn't like or agree with a post locking down hundreds of threads.

Meanwhile 150,000 or so DU'ers will flee for saner and more democratic discussion pastures!

Is this "jury" thing a serious proposal or is Skinner just having some fun with us?

OK now Skinner. Stop that. It's no longer funny!

Major meltdown ensues.

sabrina 1 Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Dec-06-11 08:57 PM
Response to Reply #6
14. Yep, that's what happened on DK. And looking at who seems to

be the most thrilled with this feature, I can see it happening here. Cliques form and people are targeted, DK was a horror show and many people were hurt by there, thousands left. I think they only have about 5,000 regular posters now, hardly any minorities, gays, women are a minority there, as most were targeted by what became roving gangs of bullies.

It was supposed to illiminate the need for mods, but it ended up being years and years of nothing but 'meta' fights, which were fun to watch, I have to say, but not for the people who became targets of the bullies. They started secret blogs where they planned who to go after etc. etc. Horrible, especially considering it was supposed to be a progressive blog.

Someone is going to write about it, I heard. I hope they do, it was like watching Lord of the Flies sometimes there. Strange what being behind a computer screen can do to some people.

Where are we to go after DU crashes and burns?

I'll be keeping an eye on the wilderness for a membership surge.

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.