Author Topic: First Wookie booed at NASCAR  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
First Wookie booed at NASCAR
« on: November 20, 2011, 06:13:10 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x2352201

onehandle Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Nov-20-11 06:22 PM
Original message
Michelle Obama Booed At NASCAR Race

Source: Huffington Post

Michelle Obama and Jill Biden were booed at NASCAR's season finale at the Homestead-Miami Speedway on Sunday.

The appearance was part of an initiative to honor military troops and families. The first lady and vice president's wife also served as grand marshals for the big race.

At the beginning of the race, an announcer introduced the two women, who were met with a loud combination of both cheers and boos.

This is hardly the first time the first and second lady have been booed at a sporting event. Their appearance at World Series games in both 2009 and 2011 were met with a less-than-warm welcome.

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/20/michelle-obama...

She wondered why all these cars were going so fast. There was no need as they weren't being chased by the po leece.

freshwest Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Donate to DU!    Sun Nov-20-11 06:46 PM
Response to Reply #1
9. But they're hated. Michelle's been ridiculed and the subject of racist crap since Day One.

Edited on Sun Nov-20-11 06:46 PM by freshwest
Although it's more about them being Democrats than race, though.

Been saying that for three years.

BeHereNow Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Nov-20-11 06:35 PM
Response to Original message
5. Classy, those NASCAR fans...

Wild horses couldn't drag me to one of those
Romanesque gatherings of the lowest common denominator of
our Crisco swilling populace.

BHN

Autumn Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Nov-20-11 06:35 PM
6. That is so uncalled for

some people are just pigs.

You elected them, I didn't.

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: First Wookie booed at NASCAR
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 06:15:56 PM »
You elected them, I didn't.

Nice little discreet subtle jab there, sir.

Awesome.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 06:24:17 PM »
You know Michelle was only in it for the "free" trip to Miami, anyway.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Tucker

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 06:38:43 PM »
This one is soon to go "Poof"

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 06:39:43 PM »

And don't think we don't know that's exactly how Michelle, Jill, elected Democrats and regressives feel about good upstanding America loving citizens.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 06:42:13 PM »
And don't think we don't know that's exactly how Michelle, Jill, elected Democrats and regressives feel about good upstanding America loving citizens.

The BeHereNow primitive's about the last primitive who can complain about "Romanesque" decadence.

The BeHereNow primitive lives in a big fancy house out in California with a big fancy private swimming pool in her backyard; she's part of the 1% crowd the primitives don't like.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 06:46:03 PM »
BeHereNow Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Nov-20-11 06:35 PM
5. Classy, those NASCAR fans...

BHN

Autumn Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Nov-20-11 06:35 PM
6. That is so uncalled for

some people are just pigs.

Yeah. They should have treated them as well as you guys treated President Bush and his family.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 06:56:37 PM »
So what?

This was expected to happen the minute it was announced Moo-shell was going to be there.  I'm surprised she wasn't lecturing the audience about NASCAR food.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 08:12:23 PM »
I guess they forgot about the eight years of "Pickles" and how she murdered her boyfriend and sold drugs in college or whatever bullshit they could dream up in their drug-induced stupor.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 09:05:28 PM »
This one is soon to go "Poof"

Sad to say it was still there when I looked 5 minutes ago, Tuck.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline sybilll

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 11:23:52 PM »
Quell my surprise.  She hates every single person in those stands, and everything they represent.  For that matter, the veterans she surrounded herself with most likely remember her infamous "All this for a damn flag" moment.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBhAmg8qCrI
I would have booed louder. 

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 12:16:55 AM »
A collection of the First Lady's most important soundbites:

[youtube=425,350]TQIwEZlOzp4[/youtube]
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 01:09:25 AM »
Quell my surprise.  She hates every single person in those stands, and everything they represent.  For that matter, the veterans she surrounded herself with most likely remember her infamous "All this for a damn flag" moment.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBhAmg8qCrI
I would have booed louder. 

??? Maybe I just missed that little bite of Moochelle's, but, that redefines her for me. I dislike her tenfold more than I did.

I wasn't even sure that was possible until now... :mad:

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2011, 06:59:54 AM »
A collection of the First Lady's most important soundbites:

[youtube=425,350]TQIwEZlOzp4[/youtube]

H5. That's funny.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011, 07:06:41 AM »
I could barely hear the booing.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 09:13:19 AM »
She has provided a plentitude of reasons for Americans to dislike her without getting within a million miles of racism.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 10:50:29 AM »
I can honestly say she doesn't have many fans in the military. Making an entire carrier group come in the day after they get home from a deployment (screwing up leave for a bunch of people) to have to listen to her talk doesn't endear her to many. Personally I can't stand how she is attempting to pander to military families. Like she has any clue or care about us.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline jukin

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2011, 10:56:43 AM »
If it were not for double standards the DUchebags would have no standards at all.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2011, 10:58:14 AM »
I can honestly say she doesn't have many fans in the military. Making an entire carrier group come in the day after they get home from a deployment (screwing up leave for a bunch of people) to have to listen to her talk doesn't endear her to many. Personally I can't stand how she is attempting to pander to military families. Like she has any clue or care about us.

You cannot POSSIBLY be serious.  After all the lefties got their panties in a wad because GW came in ON SCHEDULE yet they thought he was holding them out an extra night?

And frankly, even if the charge the lefties threw at Bush was true, I'd rather have stayed out an extra night than come in the day after our standown started.  Besides, in the several Westpacs I did, we always pulled into the channel, picked up the ORSE team, then headed back out for a few days before the end of deployment.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2011, 11:10:02 AM »
I don't think they were booing the First Wookie, though most decent and civilized people view with revulsion anything associated with the jug-eared muslim.

I think they were giving voice to their opinion of the current NBA labor impasse, believing Patrick Ewing, in drag, had just been introduced.

Offline jukin

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2011, 12:19:02 PM »
I don't think they were booing the First Wookie, though most decent and civilized people view with revulsion anything associated with the jug-eared muslim.

I think they were giving voice to their opinion of the current NBA labor impasse, believing Patrick Ewing, in drag, had just been introduced.

You never see Patrick and Michelle at the same party do you?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2011, 02:42:02 PM »
Brings a whole new meaning to the "Ew" in Ewing's name.

Offline cmypay

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2011, 03:10:58 PM »

Every time I see those commercials with those two it makes my BP go up. After years of saying how the military industrial complex is unnecessary, now she wants me to believe they give a shit about the military families?!?! Yeah, right.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2011, 03:24:41 PM »
Here's a partial transcript of Rush's take on it:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2011/11/21/nascar_boos_for_first_second_ladies

I've thought about this. Why would people boo the first lady? The media can't believe it. But I can. People don't like be told they're lousy parents, and Mrs. Obama has done that. People resent Mrs. Obama's bizarre need to tell us what to eat and how much to exercise. She also has, let's not forget her husband, Mrs. Obama has a husband that runs around and apologizes for this country that he was elected to lead. Australia the latest example. He went over there and basically apologized for the worthlessness of American students. I'm also pretty sure this crowd is not eager to go out and buy a car that you have to plug in in order to drive. This is a fast car kind of crowd. This is not a Prius, Volt, Leaf, plug it in and charge it for 40 miles crowd.

Also I might point out people that go to NASCAR races are the very people her husband called bitter clingers. When things aren't going well, what do they do? Why, they cling to their guns, and they cling to their religion. Oh, and there was that trillion dollars for Obama's union and green energy contributors, all of this money that Obama has given to people like Solyndra and all these screwy expenditures, not to mention the fact that her husband has bankrupted the US economy. Oh, and what about Obamacare? You think the people at the NASCAR race might be among the crowd, among the 65 to 70% of the country that wants no part of her husband's health care bill that Moochelle campaigned for? What is so hard to understand about this woman being booed? Only in media capitals could you scratch your head over the fact that the first lady gets booed. Are they still of the belief that the Obamas have 90% approval, that they're loved and adored by everybody, that they're still considered Mr. and Mrs. Messiah?

Bottom line, we don't like being told what to eat; we don't like being told how much to exercise; we don't like being told what we've got to drive; we don't like wasting money; we don't like our economy being bankrupted. We don't like 14% unemployment. The question is, what the hell is there to cheer for when Miss Obama and Ms. Biden show up? NASCAR people, as are most people in this country, are mature, tolerant people, who fully understand when they're being insulted and condescended to. And they remember being called bitter clingers. They know that in their hearts the Obamas don't like them. We've taken notice of this, as has, by the way, Chris Matthews. And a lot of congressional Democrats are also fully aware that the Obamas just don't like a lot of people, and they don't like hanging around a lot of people.

:clap:
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2011, 04:14:31 PM »
You cannot POSSIBLY be serious.  After all the lefties got their panties in a wad because GW came in ON SCHEDULE yet they thought he was holding them out an extra night?

And frankly, even if the charge the lefties threw at Bush was true, I'd rather have stayed out an extra night than come in the day after our standown started.  Besides, in the several Westpacs I did, we always pulled into the channel, picked up the ORSE team, then headed back out for a few days before the end of deployment.
I wish I was joking about that. Nothing like holding up thousands of people from seeing their families so you can get a photo-op.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori