Author Topic: Why are the police whuppin on us poor, filthy, destructive, DUmb, nasty hippies?  (Read 655 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x2189408

warrior1 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-26-11 03:43 PM
Original message
Hope this isn't a stupid question. Why are the police attacking peaceful..

protesters?

We all know that this will not end well for the police. Attacking unarmed American's has always been a stupid thing and seeing the video's of the last few weeks sickens me.

This has got to stop before they kill some peaceful protester. I hope that it doesn't come to this.

Because they can.

Before the DUmmy gets any replies, it delves into another subject. This is about the DUmbass who got whacked by something. (Pic in hippie pwnage thread)

warrior1 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-26-11 03:44 PM
Response to Original message
1. damn it

http://m.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2011/oct/26/occupy-o...

3.10pm: Scott Olsen is in a "critical condition", in Highland hospital, a spokesman for the hospital has just confirmed to me.
(We already knew he was there from the accounts below, but this is the first official confirmation).
2.24pm: I've just spoken to Keith Shannon, roommate of Scott Olsen, the Iraq veteran who is in hospital after apparently having been hit in the head by a police projectile.
Shannon said doctors told him Olsen has a "skull fracture and swelling of the brain". A neurosurgeon will assess Olsen later today to determine whether he needs surgery, Shannon said.
Olsen, 24, was in 3rd Battalion, 4th Marines, before leaving the military last year. He had been opposed to the Iraq war even before his first tour to the country, Shannon said. Shannon and Olsen met in November or December 2005, and share an apartment in Daly City, south of San Francisco.

Then why did the DUmb **** enlist? He's a special kind of stupid.

MADem Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-26-11 03:45 PM
3. They asked them to leave and they didn't want to. Then they came back.

The police say they were hit with rocks and bottles. Don't know if that is accurate but that's their version of events.

You're wasting your time telling the truth.

nadinbrzezinski Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-26-11 04:08 PM
Response to Reply #3
16. No video of such

And tell me, how dangerous is a plastic bottle, or what we have video off...eggs?

If you can throw that fast...join the MLB.

Your lunacy is showing.

MADem Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-26-11 07:30 PM
Response to Reply #16
30. Why are you asking me, like I am the police spokesman?

All I am doing is telling you what I heard them say.

I don't honestly think, though, that the police give a shit about "dangerousness." If you start throwing anything at them, from plastic bottles to doggie chew toys to fluffy pillows, they're going to react--and not terribly kindly.

They don't negotiate. They tell you to leave, and if you don't, they come down. That's nicer than the old days--they used to not give any warnings at all before they got serious.

I've never known them to be any other way than determined to get their way when they are massed in formation like that--I can't imagine why they'd go "Awww, just plastic bottles--never mind, lads!"

That's just how they do it, and don't go blaming me for my observation of that reality, thanks much.

One person out of DU's total 5000 membership gets it.

iscooterliberally Donating Member (129 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-26-11 03:49 PM
7. The police are trying rile the protesters.

They want them to respond with violence so they bring down the movement. Back in the 60s they used the National Guard to shoot and kill 4 protesters at Kent State University. I hope the vet who was injured has a quick and full recovery.

You may get your wish.

One can only hope.

Tippy (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-26-11 03:59 PM
Response to Reply #7
10. And the OWS folks have tried their damdest to stay peacefull

Stay safe Protestors.....

Protesters arrested for selling drugs, reported rapes, theft, assault. Yep! Peaceful protesters.

coalition_unwilling (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-26-11 04:40 PM
Response to Reply #8
25. That's flawed logic, at least in my case. My wife and I are actually

discussing whether to relocate to Oakland to support Occupy Oakland or whether the Movement is best served by our remaining here and serving Occupy Los Angeles.

The worst thing they can do is take my life. But my life doesn't mean much if they're killing and wounding my brothers and sisters and I'm sitting idly by.

Thanks for the morning laugh.

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline tanstaafl

• I AM the NRA. And I VOTE
warrior1 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-26-11 03:44 PM
1. damn it

http://m.guardian.co.uk/w...blog/2011/oct/26/occupy-o...

3.10pm: Scott Olsen is in a "critical condition", in Highland hospital, a spokesman for the hospital has just confirmed to me.
(We already knew he was there from the accounts below, but this is the first official confirmation).
2.24pm: I've just spoken to Keith Shannon, roommate of Scott Olsen, the Iraq veteran who is in hospital after apparently having been hit in the head by a police projectile.
Shannon said doctors told him Olsen has a "skull fracture and swelling of the brain". A neurosurgeon will assess Olsen later today to determine whether he needs surgery, Shannon said.
Olsen, 24, was in 3rd Battalion, 4th Marines, before leaving the military last year. He had been opposed to the Iraq war even before his first tour to the country, Shannon said. Shannon and Olsen met in November or December 2005, and share an apartment in Daly City, south of San Francisco.
Sounds like the injury was more likely from being hit with a occupooper urine fill bottle than from a police launched bean bag.
"Skull fracture"?
"Swelling of the brain"?
Were the police brandishing batons? I'd think an injury like that would take a solid rap on the noggin.

Edited to add:

Just read another thread and it appears that the wounded occupooper got dinged by a tear gas cannister. Accidental, unless he purposely attempted a header with the cannister. I unnerstand that there is no video of the incident.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 09:06:17 AM by tanstaafl »

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
warrior1 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-26-11 03:43 PM
Original message
Hope this isn't a stupid question. Why are the police attacking peaceful..

protesters
?

Because society has had enough of their shit.

And, yes, it's a stupid question.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Peaceful? seriously?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
iscooterliberally Donating Member (129 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-26-11 03:49 PM

They want them to respond with violence so they bring down the movement. Back in the 60s they used the National Guard to shoot and kill 4 protesters at Kent State University. I hope the vet who was injured has a quick and full recovery.

How does that work? What hostile actions have the police made? Standing and/or serving an eviction notice is not a hostile action.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
coalition_unwilling

The worst thing they can do is take my life.

Are you sure about that?

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

coalition_unwilling (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-26-11 04:40 PM
...The worst thing they can do is take my life.

Drama queen.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Vagabond

iscooterliberally Donating Member (129 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-26-11 03:49 PM

BS.  Commies agitated at Kent State University for a year and got students to attack the NG.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
coalition_unwilling (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-26-11 04:40 PM
...The worst thing they can do is take my life.

That's because they're cops; they aren't allowed to do the kinds of things to filthy, grabasstic hippies that the rest of the civilized population feels more inclined to do to them lately.

The rest of us aren't nearly so fettered in our capabilities, DUmbshit; it would be wise to bear that in mind.  :wink:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!

Add:

Problem solved.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
I saw an interview on TV last night with the buddy of the Marine that was injured. He admitted that the squatters were throwing objects at the police prior to the attack.

How stupid do you gotta be buy not expecting retaliation?
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
He should have followed the advice of a wise of Chief who once said, "Play stupid games, get stupid prizes."
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline jtyangel

Actually, from what i've seen of the left. Their MO is to incite a reaction from the police so they can then start the drama queen victim crap in an effort to lobby their cause and make themselves out to be some kind of urban heros. Leftists: Most thinking people don't buy this anymore, not even with cameras armed at your sides SELECTIVELY recording events as they happen. I've been ashamed to watch grown adults I've known since youth actually buy into this crap based on ONE or TWO pictures. I remind them context is their friend and a 40 plus person they should well know this, especially if they are parents.

Online 67 Rover

Actually, from what i've seen of the left. Their MO is to incite a reaction from the police so they can then start the drama queen victim crap in an effort to lobby their cause and make themselves out to be some kind of urban heros. Leftists: Most thinking people don't buy this anymore, not even with cameras armed at your sides SELECTIVELY recording events as they happen. I've been ashamed to watch grown adults I've known since youth actually buy into this crap based on ONE or TWO pictures. I remind them context is their friend and a 40 plus person they should well know this, especially if they are parents.

" Don't taze me bro! YARGGGGAAAAAHHHHHH"
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer