Author Topic: Greenbriar has a new teaching job- Her students are rejects- She fits right in  (Read 1200 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x2106802

demtenjeep Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-12-11 09:00 PM
Original message
We are losing our young people

This school year, I took a different type of position in a new place. It is not for the faint of heart and our clientele is very high risk. I love what I do as I can make a huge difference and some real personal connections. Some days are really challenging tho. Today was one of those days. We were having a discussion and this question came up "If you only had 25 minutes left to live, how would you spend those last minutes"

We had the usual spend time with family and friends, go to church and pray type of answers. I answered that I would spend it with my family and friends and make sure my heart was right with God. My para said he would spend it in church. Mostly routine what you would expect type of answers until:

One student said he would spend his time raping girls and gettin' it on. I immediately addressed the inappropriateness of that and then another student said he would "pow" "take a shot at Obama because he hated that black MFer"

Needless to say both of those "loco boys" were suspended. When the parents were notified, they were outraged that we thought what was said was wrong.

In what society is that ever appropriate or accepted. When did it become okay to accept that type of thinking. This goes far beyond politics but I have been thinking that the rhetoric on all sides has degraded this nation and in today's world of hate, reality TV crap and blood lust movies and games, that this type of behavior is only going to get worse. It makes me sad.

The first one was wrong. The second....................

OffWithTheirHeads Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-12-11 09:05 PM
Response to Original message
1. Sorry, having attended an inner city school, the answer WAS NOT

suspending these kids. It was educating them. Do you really think suspending them helped them to understand anything but **** You if you can't hear us?

demtenjeep Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-12-11 09:10 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. The suspension was out of my control

The one talking of how he would treat girls, I had to send out immediately.

The one threatening the president I tried to turn into a lesson on yes we have freedom of speech but that there are consequences to each action.

I even told him it was okay to not like/hate a president, that it was his right to do so, but that in NO place was it right to make that kind of threat.

There was no remorse and they both continued to "hoop it up" in the hallway in front of security. At that point, it really was out of my hands.

I just wonder tho when this kind of attitude became acceptable and why the parents do not see anything wrong with it.

Look at the behavior of the people that you associate with. They see you act that way and think it's acceptable.

demtenjeep Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-12-11 09:26 PM
Response to Reply #6
9. I did my best to redirect and tried to make it a teachable moment

but it just was not to be.

These students know the expectations and what is acceptable in that environment and they really did not care. Infact, they were quite proud of their attitudes

It's because you're a lousy teacher. You'd make a great slave owner though.

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
*sigh* She is almost as bad a TiT with her stories.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline thundley4

This school year, I took a different type of position in a new place.

Translation:  The district found out I was worthless to students that have a decent chance at a future, and demoted me to baby sitting the cast offs.

It is not for the faint of heart and our clientele is very high risk.

Two students so quickly gone, thank you for ruining their lives the rest of the way over your inability to redirect their energy.

Offline ChuckJ

demtenjeep Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-12-11 09:10 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. The suspension was out of my control

The one talking of how he would treat girls, I had to send out immediately.

The one threatening the president I tried to turn into a lesson on yes we have freedom of speech but that there are consequences to each action.

I even told him it was okay to not like/hate a president, that it was his right to do so, but that in NO place was it right to make that kind of threat.

There was no remorse and they both continued to "hoop it up" in the hallway in front of security. At that point, it really was out of my hands.

I just wonder tho when this kind of attitude became acceptable and why the parents do not see anything wrong with it.

So Greenbriar thinks it's okay to not like 0? And it's a person's right to do so? Right.

I think they need to start beginning each of their stories with "Once upon a time."
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Pammie is now at Gateway Alternative School, a halfway house between juvie and the Kansas state penitentiary.

Previously, she was at Jardine Magnet, which sounds academic but was actually a school full of illegals.

Her new school really is a magnet - for gangbangers in training before they start doing hard time.

Pam got a semi-wallduding for posting about that prick control freak principal, and the new lesbian assistant principal.

The principal moved on, but the lesbian that Pam outed is still there. So now Pam goes to work behind razor wire.

The hoodlums she spends days with could be fodder for some outstanding bouncy tales.

It's too late for 2011. Nutcase nadin, Warpy, No Brain, and Taverner have too much of a lead. But Pam could come back in 2012.

Offline JakeStyle

Pam has a bouncy
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 09:42:01 PM »
Link

demtenjeep Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-12-11 09:00 PM
Original message
We are losing our young people

This school year, I took a different type of position in a new place. It is not for the faint of heart and our clientele is very high risk. I love what I do as I can make a huge difference and some real personal connections. Some days are really challenging tho. Today was one of those days. We were having a discussion and this question came up "If you only had 25 minutes left to live, how would you spend those last minutes"

We had the usual spend time with family and friends, go to church and pray type of answers. I answered that I would spend it with my family and friends and make sure my heart was right with God. My para said he would spend it in church. Mostly routine what you would expect type of answers until:

One student said he would spend his time raping girls and gettin' it on. I immediately addressed the inappropriateness of that and then another student said he would "pow" "take a shot at Obama because he hated that black MFer"

Needless to say both of those "loco boys" were suspended. When the parents were notified, they were outraged that we thought what was said was wrong.

In what society is that ever appropriate or accepted. When did it become okay to accept that type of thinking. This goes far beyond politics but I have been thinking that the rhetoric on all sides has degraded this nation and in today's world of hate, reality TV crap and blood lust movies and games, that this type of behavior is only going to get worse. It makes me sad.

Nadin counters with one of her own

nadinbrzezinski Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-12-11 10:18 PM
34. You actually partially answered your question

But are blaming partially, the wrong cause.

Let me introduce you to jack, not his real name.

I met Jack when I was 18 and a young red cross worker. My job was to talk to jack about the horrors he saw in a place called in el mozote in el Salvador. We spent quite the horrific afternoon, with him telling me of murder, rape and other horrors. Jack was 12, and a victim. He said something I later found to be a constant in other countries that fell into those horrors, as a historian. He spoke of how adults started talking on how they hated the land owners and the rich, and how they wanted to kill them...this was a constant in the radio for a few years before the shooting started.

That young man who told you he wants to rape...that is the extreme of that path. The same goes for the kid who told you about how he hates that mother well you know the rest. This started to become acceptable in RW radio during Clinton. It has little to do with games, unless these see hunting members of the GOP as zombies...that game is part of this process.

I suggest you spend a few hours with papa bear if you do not want your blood pressure to go too high...rush or Glenny or savage if you want it in it's pure form. But this has been acceptable for a few years, and it could end with another 18 year old hearing another story of horror from another Jack. I know cassandra and all. I almost expect the derision any longer.

Offline ChuckJ

Re: Pam has a bouncy
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 09:48:40 PM »
It sounds like nadin is also a psychiatrist. Is that on her resume?
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 09:50:06 PM »
nadinbrzezinski Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-12-11 10:18 PM

I met Jack when I was 18 and a young red cross worker. My job was to talk to jack about the horrors he saw in a place called in el mozote in el Salvador. We spent quite the horrific afternoon, with him telling me of murder, rape and other horrors. Jack was 12, and a victim. He said something I later found to be a constant in other countries that fell into those horrors, as a historian. He spoke of how adults started talking on how they hated the land owners and the rich, and how they wanted to kill them...this was a constant in the radio for a few years before the shooting started.

That young man who told you he wants to rape...that is the extreme of that path. The same goes for the kid who told you about how he hates that mother well you know the rest. This started to become acceptable in RW radio during Clinton. It has little to do with games, unless these see hunting members of the GOP as zombies...that game is part of this process.

I suggest you spend a few hours with papa bear if you do not want your blood pressure to go too high...rush or Glenny or savage if you want it in it's pure form. But this has been acceptable for a few years, and it could end with another 18 year old hearing another story of horror from another Jack. I know cassandra and all. I almost expect the derision any longer.

I just noticed the bolded. Does it sound familiar? Like any folks that we know?

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 10:04:06 PM »
Sorry, didn't see Tuckers earlier thread on this.  Please delete.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 10:12:38 PM »

Since this is a nadin thread, for the illumination of lurking primitives:

"the secret diaries of nadin"

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,63908.60.html

The last entry was made Monday evening; if one's been there since, one's up to date.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Something tells me Pam's gonna need to get the Glock back from the cat pretty quick.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline GOBUCKS

I feel pretty well experienced in translating nadinese into English, but her last two paragraphs have me stumped.

I admit I have no idea what twisted point she is trying to make.

I think she's trying to imply that the hippies will start killing Republicans, but her writing is so garbled it could mean anything.

Nutcase nadin - High Priestess of Word Salad.

Offline JakeStyle

struggle4progress DU Moderator Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-12-11 10:44 PM
38. Locking

The OP has requested that we lock this thread.

Poor Pam, pricks were obviously stalking her in that thread.

Offline ChuckJ

Bless her heart. If my memory is correct, she's had to request several of her threads be locked over the years. She starts a thread hoping to pick up some liberal street cred and ends up picking up a turd.

Offline thundley4

She was losing.  This puts the lie to her story.
leftstreet   (1000+ posts)             Wed Oct-12-11 09:46 PM
19. A rough 'clientele' where all but 2 would spend time praying, with family, or in church?

uh huh

OffWithTheirHeads   (1000+ posts)             Wed Oct-12-11 09:18 PM
Response to Reply #1
5. Jesus, I could spend all night on this but I can't, or won't.

Where the **** do you think this comes from? I'll give you a hint, having gone to school with many of these kids. They have no hope, they have no future, they will not be bettered by their so called education and they know it! They will not get decent jobs, unless you consider drug dealing a good job, and it is in their world. I was lucky. I was white and I actually have an I.Q. and I crawled my way out of the ghetto in San Francisco but many of my classmates are either dead or in jail. What a country!

What a POS racist.

Offline ChuckJ

OffWithTheirHeads   (1000+ posts)             Wed Oct-12-11 09:18 PM
Response to Reply #1
5. Jesus, I could spend all night on this but I can't, or won't.

Where the **** do you think this comes from? I'll give you a hint, having gone to school with many of these kids. They have no hope, they have no future, they will not be bettered by their so called education and they know it! They will not get decent jobs, unless you consider drug dealing a good job, and it is in their world. I was lucky. I was white and I actually have an I.Q. and I crawled my way out of the ghetto in San Francisco but many of my classmates are either dead or in jail. What a country!

The liberal mecca of San Fran has a ghetto?

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Pretty much everything outside of Pacific Heights.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Bless her heart. If my memory is correct, she's had to request several of her threads be locked over the years. She starts a thread hoping to pick up some liberal street cred and ends up picking up a turd.

Actually she starts a thread in the hopes of getting at least three replies. Most of the time, it doesn't.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
Actually she starts a thread in the hopes of getting at least three replies. Most of the time, it doesn't.
But usually at least two of those are her replies.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline GOBUCKS

Yes. It's a small area where the heterosexual minority lives.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2011, 09:40:14 AM »

I thought it was on the list someone made earlier but I do not think this one was on there....historian.
nadinbrzezinski Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-12-11 10:18 PM

I met Jack when I was 18 and a young red cross worker. My job was to talk to jack about the horrors he saw in a place called in el mozote in el Salvador. We spent quite the horrific afternoon, with him telling me of murder, rape and other horrors. Jack was 12, and a victim. He said something I later found to be a constant in other countries that fell into those horrors, as a historian.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl

Parts of San Francisco are pretty bad.  The Tenderloin District is pretty awful, though I wouldn't necessarily call it a ghetto. 

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
"If you only had 25 minutes left to live, how would you spend those last minutes"

Having sex with my wife. But some of you Libtards/Wymns Studies types consider that rape.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Erasmus

• Holla ifju thank im seeeeexy!
I was white and I actually have an I.Q.

More liberal racism on display.