Author Topic: I'm going to say it, and you can place yourself where you want on this  (Read 319 times)

Offline CC27

bigtree (85,787 posts)

I'm going to say it, and you can place yourself where you want on this
...your choice, not mine.

The internet is full of trolls calling for Garland to resign this morning.

The complaints took off after the exoneration by Hur, sparked by people who think it's more important to highlight the salacious things Hur included in the report and set hair on fire over them, instead of highlighting the exoneration as the president did, and move on.

Yesterday DA Bragg wrote an order delaying the hush money trial and said in as clear language as anyone can read that "the timing of the USAO's productions is the result solely of the defendant's delay."

Instead of blaming Trump for the delay, as the DA clearly did in that order, a mantra was started on the internet that U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland was responsible for supposedly waiting a year to dump the documents this week.

Never mind that Bragg cited SDNY as the branch responsible for filling out discovery motions.

Never mind that the AG doesn't monitor the discovery processes of state prosecutions, or that the AG exercising that kind of heavyhanded oversight would make a lie out of any assertion that those prosecutions are completely separate from the man Trump's political rival in this election appointed.

The calls this morning for Merrick Garland to resign are just off the hook, and I've been participating in social media for long enough to know when I see deliberate propaganda.

It's not enough to defend our own personal reasons for opposing the AG by stating the obvious right to do so. it should come with some reason or logic that stands up to the fact that this man is still following through with the process of accountability which began in the Fall of 2021with the hiring of Tom Windom to investigate the Trump WH (this investigator still active in court today on the election interference charges).

When you come for the AG of a president who has NEVER said ONE WORD of complaint against him, it should be expected that you come with something more than an internet meme.

When you come at the AG who's not only responsible for prosecuting over a 1000 white supremacist, Trump-supporting Capitol rioters, but hired the man who brought two multi-felony indictments against the former president you need to come with more than absurd charges that he's a 'republican mole,' or maga or any of the other denigrating things people feel free to throw at him in front of his efforts.

And, remember... do remember. There are plenty of people who don't share our interest in justice who have been dragging President Biden's AG, the man who prosecuted them, for years now.

How in the world do people making these calls for his resignation think they are received on the other side? I mean....

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218779464

More DUmmie BLAH BLAH BLAH

Offline Old n Grumpy

They should be calling for him to fall on his sword for politicizing his office, and using warfare against the political opponents
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

Did that

have a

??????

Are DU-grade Progs whining that Garland didn't bring the documents case soon enough? Context, context, context, :rotf: . Garland thought the existing cases, including the 14th Amendment nonsense, would bring Trump down. As did DU-grade Progs. Well, Fani's corruption and perjury delayed that case, the USSC granted certiorari in the immunity case (more delay), and the USSC unanimously clubbed Trump-Haters' 14th Amendment fantasy like a baby seal. Oh! And the judge in the documents case seems to be making "selective prosecution" noises.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 12:04:55 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

bigtree (85,787 posts)

I'm going to say it, and you can place yourself where you want on this
...your choice, not mine.

The complaints took off after the exoneration by Hur, sparked by people who think it's more important to highlight the salacious things Hur included in the report and set hair on fire over them, instead of highlighting the exoneration as the president did, and move on.

Exonerated? 

You mean the part where Brandon is too mentally incompetent to stand trial for his crimes of over 40 years.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

The complaints took off after the exoneration by Hur ...

Hur decided not to prosecute because he thought a jury would think Joe was not mentally competent to willfully break the law, not because Hur thought Biden did not break the law, and willfully. Declining to prosecute for this reason is as far from exoneration as can be without proceeding to prosecute.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Airwolf

I stopped reading that BS halfway through. I like fantasy and Sci-Fi as much as anyone but that load of dreck was more then I could take.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline ADsOutburst

Trolls? No. When a democrat fails to pursue the democrats' causes enough to satisfy other democrats, they face the wrath of those other democrats. It's that simple.

Offline Old n Grumpy

I think I missed that part where he exonerated slow Joe. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

I stopped reading that BS halfway through. I like fantasy and Sci-Fi as much as anyone but that load of dreck was more then I could take.

I think I got through ~1/3 this AM. Just now I glanced through the latter half and it's all :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: at Libs/Progs who, basically, are unhappy that Garland hasn't prevented Trump from running for President. :rotf:  :tongue:  :popcorn: