Author Topic: No, the VA is not providing or paying for medical care for migrants.  (Read 198 times)

Offline CC27

Diamond_Dog (31,466 posts)

No, the VA is not providing or paying for medical care for migrants.
Next time a MAGA tries to tell you that ….

(snip)

When ICE has migrants in custody that need medical care, they’re typically treated by ICE’s own Health Service Corps. But when people in custody need treatment that can’t be provided in-house, they’re sometimes taken to outside doctors.

ICE later reimburses those doctors. The most recent annual report on ICE healthcare spending shows that in 2022, ICE paid out $10.1 million in reimbursements.

To process those transactions, ICE uses a system set up by the VA called the Financial Services Center (FSC). The FSC processes transactions for several government agencies, and has been doing so for ICE since 2002.

The costs are paid for by ICE, or whichever agency is using the service, not the VA. The agencies also pay a processing fee to the VA-FSC.

The VA says only ten employees currently handle these transactions and that they’ve been doing so for decades, stressing that at no point – under Republican or Democratic administrations – were VA employees diverted away from other work.

“This has no impact to veteran care or services whatsoever. No resources meant for veterans are used as part of this agreement,” said Terrence Hayes, a VA spokesman. “FSC provides an administrative function for ICE, using ICE funds, that has zero impact on veteran health care or benefits.”

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/verify/immigration/va-not-providing-paying-for-migrants-medical-care/536-9e4ae193-0066-472b-b4d2-dc58ffe99d32

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218777414

I don't believe you

Offline jukin

Re: No, the VA is not providing or paying for medical care for migrants.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2024, 04:44:31 PM »
No the VA funds for our veterans are being stolen to give the criminal illegal invaders healthcare.

FOAD DUchebag
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2024, 05:45:31 PM »
If they are in a VA facility they are using our resources no matter who is paying for it since it is all taxpayer money in the end. Sell crazy someplace else, were all stocked up here DUmmy.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2024, 06:28:34 PM »
If they are in a VA facility, they are taking up space and resources that belong to a veteran.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2024, 07:17:34 PM »
So this explains why I have to wait months for an X-ray at the VA
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.