Author Topic: My takeaway from being a poll worker in Gwinnett County Georgia yesterday.  (Read 252 times)

Offline CC27

RamblingRose (1,024 posts)

My takeaway from being a poll worker in Gwinnett County Georgia yesterday. Gwinnett is a large Minority Majority
county in the Atlanta suburbs & recently flipped from Ruby Red to Blue.

The precinct location I had been working was changed to a new location 3 miles away from the previous one. The vast majority of voters said they were not notified of the location change and said they found the precinct after going to 3 - 4 other locations (where their neighbors voted). Another large group of voters said they received a letter in the mail notifying them of the location change MARCH 11th, the day before the election!!! Even I was unaware of the location change till a week before the election.

Voters would ask if this is where they would vote in November & we would tell them to check the Secretary of State's website before the election(s).

Fortunately, this is a middle/upper class neighborhood where the majority of people have cars.

Is this some kind of trickery leading up to November & the municipal elections??!

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218773882

Picture running into this tard at your polling place

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
"...recently flipped from Ruby Red to Blue..."
"The vast majority of voters said they were not notified of the location change..."
"Is this some kind of trickery leading up to November & the municipal elections??!"

In a county run by Democrats (Blue), the voting location changed and most were unaware.

The answer to the last question is "Yes". It's run by Dems. Is what they did trickery? Yes. This is SOP with the Chicago Machine and other Dem strongholds.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 02:25:26 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

I realize California is a different state, but I've been voting here since 1980. The state/county voting guides have ALWAYS given the address of my precinct's polling place, and more recently the list of drop box locations along with the address of the polling place. In the 30+ years I've lived in my neighborhood my polling place has been a school district office, a Catholic church, a community center room, and a Presbyterian church (that I recall off the top of my head).

Sorry for my verbosity above, but I suspect Georgia does similarly, and the voters RamblingRose loquaciously claimed couldn't find where to vote simply assumed the polling place would not change and did not look at the information the state or county had mailed to them.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Airwolf

I live in a small town in Iowa and they have the same polling places we have had for years with very few exceptions since I was voting wat back in the late 1970's. I get in bigger cities that it might change but if your not smart enough to keep track of where you need to be on election day then you probably shouldn't, be voting anyway DUmmy.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"