Author Topic: Pres. Biden needs to address grocery prices and rent  (Read 238 times)

Offline CC27

Pres. Biden needs to address grocery prices and rent
« on: March 04, 2024, 07:44:46 AM »

Wanderlust988 (507 posts)

They are the reason traditional Dems are upset. The grocery prices effect the middle and lower classes more than the rich so that's why you have such dispirited Dems at the moment. I don't really ever hear anything from the WH about grocery prices. Gas prices are stable, so that's not it.

Yes, it's nice that people have jobs, but when you overpay for inflated groceries it almost doesn't matter. I think most people don't blame him for the prices, but he needs that Bill Clinton moment "I feel your pain..." He needs to press Congress for more SNAP money. He needs to call out the CEO's of companies like PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, KraftHeinz, Kellogg, etc. which are price gouging consumers. He just needs to ADDRESS the issue. We know he can't wave a magic wand, but just do something.

I think the WH thinks if you don't say anything, then it'll just simply fade away in time. That's not true. It also doesn't help that he has no adequate voice on economic matters. Our Treasury Secretary is not up to the task for TV. Yellen is smart as a whip and knows her stuff, but she is not a good media spokesperson.

If he loses the election, this is why. Those un-informed voters will always say groceries and rent were cheaper under Trump, even though prices are up all around the world.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218741545

Everybody elses fault expect for your dear leader who caused it...

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: Pres. Biden needs to address grocery prices and rent
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 08:26:17 AM »
He made a mess of the economy printing trillions of dollars to throw away on eight of Ukraine and green projects that lead nowhere, shutting down oil drilling and flooding. The country with refugees does nothing to improve the plight of the American people.

It’s going to take more than words to fix the problems and clean up the mess that he’s created giving more money to snap. Increasing handouts is not gonna do anythin anything good
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2024, 08:30:39 AM »
Gas prices are stable, so that's not it.

oooo you almost had it.  :banghead:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2024, 09:09:40 AM »
Wanderlust988 (507 posts)

Other than getting government off productive people's ass, it isn't government's business!

Want lower housing prices? Stop hindering and milking developers.

Want lower food prices? Stop attacking and obstructing farmers and stop hyper-regulating farmers and processors.

Want power gas prices? Stop attacking and obstructing oil drillers and refiners.

Want lower electricity prices? Stop obstructing electivity generation and stop forcing utilities to buy bird-chopper and bird-fryer electricity at above market prices.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.