Author Topic: Trump won't step down if he loses  (Read 435 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Trump won't step down if he loses
« on: February 06, 2020, 07:05:13 PM »
gab13by13 (878 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212958527

Who is going to make him?
He controls the judiciary, Barr controls the FBI.
He certainly controls the NSA and maybe even the CIA.
He controls the Senate so if Dems win back the Senate will he nullify those elections?
The decent military generals and leaders have resigned.

Who is going to stop him from declaring the election was rigged? He could even declare martial law and I have no doubt it would be enforced.

He has talked several times about going beyond his term limits. He is telling us what he plans to do.

:thatsright: Not this shit again...

cynatnite (30,709 posts)

1. And he won't hesitate to retaliate against his enemies...

This is a vindictive and spiteful person with the power of the government at his fingertips.

dalton99a (44,514 posts)

3. Yep. He already demanded extra time because of the lost time "stolen" from him

:thatsright:

First Speaker (3,221 posts)

79. Do you think Trump cares about "mechanisms"?

No, I don't think he can unleash martial law at will. But if he simply *wants* to--and if he loses, he will--we are in deep shit. Too many people here at DU underestimate the potential for chaos when he loses this November. All our national chickens--conspiracy theories, the radicalization of the GOP, the slow crumbling of the spirit of liberal democracy, vote suppression, racism, 400,000,000 guns at large--will be coming home to roost. The time between the election and January 20, 2021, is going to be the most dangerous period, constitutionally, since 1876.

Volaris (7,143 posts)

11. If congress wont certify him as the winner, at 1201pm on jan 20th,

The secret service no longer takes orders from him, but from whoever Congress HAS certified.

Unless there are some people willing to stand in their way with loaded weapons, yes I think it would be the Service that would remove him from the building.

Star Member Mike 03 (8,789 posts)

9. Thomas Friedman had an interesting idea. I don't know it's legality, realism or practicality.

He envisioned previous presidents (he named Obama and George W) coming together with Chief Justice Roberts to sort of regain control of events that were spinning out of control.

It sounded appealing but it's rather odd to think about.

Fiendish Thingy (3,233 posts)

19. Your fears are not supported by the facts

Other than frivolous lawsuits, Trump has no power over the electoral college, or the certification of the results. Unless we have another nail biting cliffhanger like Bush v Gore, the results will be certified, and Roberts (or any judge) will swear in the new president.

There is no legal way a president can nullify an election by edict.

Yes, he will make a fuss, and try his best to cling to power (the lame duck transition period will be especially risky), but if he loses, he is gone.

Feel free to detail the evidence based details of how Trump would block a new president from taking office- martial law is not one of them.

:whatever:

Star Member Mosby (10,666 posts)

37. Here's how.

Trump fills the White House with crazy gun toting supporters like the proud boys etc.

Then the SS will be faced with the prospect of shooting americans (with cameras rolling).

In the meantime all the crazy (literally) trump supporters will decend on washington to prevent a perceived coup.

Meanwhile all the crazy hate radio freaks will create a conspiracy theory about the election, using Soros and others as the villain to create a narrative that proves they the election was rigged, by the NWO people.

All the chickenshits in Congress won't know what to do, because we can't allow a civil war, or a war on the white house, so they will "work to find a compromise".

Done.

:mental:

jmg257 (10,034 posts)

86. Wait - these "Fat hayseeds who should be mocked" are suddenly something to worry

about?

"Small dicked Cowards, & costumed morons" are gonna take over the white house, and all of Washington DC?!?

Never would have guessed it.

obnoxiousdrunk (2,294 posts)

30. It's posts

like these that make DU look dumb as ...

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I_UndergroundPanther (606 posts)

31. If someone describes themself

As an asshole believe them and get away from them asap.

The abusing asshole sociopaths have been trying since we had a Constitution to kill our democracy .

:mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental:

Jarqui (6,370 posts)

46. Trump constantly accuses others of what he does

Rigging elections is what Trump does.
We've seen it with the evidence Mueller collected on Russia and we've seen irrefutable proof of it with Ukraine.

If Trump loses the 2020 election, there is a very good chance he'll die in jail because a bunch of what he's done will come out. He and his legal team and those implicated know that. It is a key part of the reason why they voted as they did.

Prepare yourself for the dirtiest election ever. Every dirty trick in the book and then some will occur. If he's losing, one of two things will occur:
1) he'll fly to where he cannot be extradited
2) or more likely, they'll stink up the count/results, etc making legal challenges and unlike Al Gore, not concede until they've dragged it out through the courts. And even then, they'll try to further poison the results.
When jail is the alternative, he's guaranteed to do something like that ... if they're unable to hack or steal the election before it comes to that.

:loser:

Runningdawg (2,614 posts)

57. And once he does leave the WH? Even by force?

He becomes the leader of the Great American Insurgency. The village will have their idiot more directly at the helm than ever before. I am sure the usual person will be along shortly to tell me I am full of it because the militia is only full of old overweight dudes.

Progressive Jones (1,305 posts)

72. Ah, but he WILL leave.

On his own power, or in 'cuffs, or in a bag. That's his choice.

:mad:

dem4decades (4,345 posts)

78. Wait till he starts arresting those that went against him.

He alluded to Barr and Durham today, they're going after people that ste in the government.

Then those in the press.

kskiska (25,699 posts)

99. Something that occurred to me.

There'll be no one who could replace him, but after he's gone, if he's not in prison, he'll continue holding his rallies as an anti-government evangelist to his cult worshipers. And he'll still have Secret Service protection.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Karin

Re: Trump won't step down if he loses
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 08:07:45 PM »
Well, thanks Dutch for rowing over the crazy.  My rig wasn't seaworthy enough for that.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 08:22:40 PM »
obnoxiousdrunk (2,294 posts)

30. It's posts

like these that make DU look dumb

Doesn't that describe 99% of posts at the DUmp?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 09:10:25 PM »
Well, I'll give DUpipo credit ... for recycling their moronicity.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 11:06:48 PM »
One fact about predictions from DUmbasses is they're always 99.9% wrong.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 06:14:42 AM »
gab13by13 (878 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212958527

Don't worry, he is going to win again. It's you all that are the LOSERS!!! :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 08:03:46 AM »
First Speaker (3,221 posts)

79. Do you think Trump cares about "mechanisms"?

No, I don't think he can unleash martial law at will. But if he simply *wants* to--and if he loses, he will--we are in deep shit. Too many people here at DU underestimate the potential for chaos when he loses this November. All our national chickens--conspiracy theories, the radicalization of the GOP, the slow crumbling of the spirit of liberal democracy, vote suppression, racism, 400,000,000 guns at large--will be coming home to roost. The time between the election and January 20, 2021, is going to be the most dangerous period, constitutionally, since 1876.

Sounds to me like a few of these people need to make the ultimate sacrifice to head off this dangerous period. Yes, I’m going to say it, they just need to bite the bullet and vote TRUMP to stave off this threat to our republic!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen