Author Topic: Faith and UFO's  (Read 13341 times)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Faith and UFO's
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2010, 11:34:53 PM »
Homosexuals are no better--and no worse--than adulterers and drunkards.

Make of that what you will in scriptural terms.

Perhaps, in YOUR opinion. I don't find drunkards that vile. I don't even want to get into the adultery thing. That's a fairly touchy subject with me since before I left MN.

Disorganized religion can just as easily be exploited for personal gain. Where do you think sham cults come from? And many of them form on the basis that they contain a special truth that the orthodox schools have failed to discern.

Yes, the orthodox schools may become stultified and resistant to exploring new ideas but in that same vein they also serve as hedge and bulwark against nonsense.

It's almost as if people are  being prodded away from extremes on either side.

I could probably agree with you on those statements. There is a danger of people falling for some cult and hurting themselves or others. Can you say, "Heaven's Gate", David Koresh, or Jonestown?? In essence, it all boils down to power and control, regardless of which side of the fence one may be on.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2010, 07:43:26 AM »
Perhaps, in YOUR opinion.

Not my opinion:

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

You might want to look into that "reviler" part.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2010, 07:54:19 AM »
http://hot.aol.com/2010/10/08/new-ufo-sighting-over-china/?icid=main%7Cie8t%7Cdl9%7Csec1_lnk3%7C176023

Can anyone looking at the photos of this thing believe it is swamp gas or a weather balloon.?

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2010, 08:09:59 AM »
Not my opinion:

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

You might want to look into that "reviler" part.

What are you trying to infer?? That I'm verbally abusing you??
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline soleil

« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2010, 08:58:22 AM »
We are ALL entitled to our own beliefs. I find it reprehensible that the Episcopal Church in America has homosexual Priests and even a Bishop. A little research will show the chasm that has developed over that issue. Just one article of 2.75 MILLION: http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE4B30Q320081204

It was a big deal at my former church. People didn't like it. But those churches don't represent them all. My former church has a gay organist. That didn't upset people. But a gay person leading the church did. I didn't leave the church for those reasons. I left because I felt the Methodist church suited me and my family better.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2010, 09:00:26 AM »
What are you trying to infer?? That I'm verbally abusing you??
Nope. I've taken nothing in a personal context.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2010, 08:47:26 AM »
Nope. I've taken nothing in a personal context.

And now Folks----

http://www.aolnews.com/weird-news/article/astronomers-worldwide-forge-new-rules-for-et-engagement/19663059?icid=main%7Cie8t%7Cdl5%7Csec3_lnk2%7C176357

Very strange this slow leaking of news about UFO'S is back.

We have had 60 years of speculation on what the heck these reports of strange happenings---WW2- military pilots called them Foo Fighters.

The Vatican owns one of the largest Observatory's in the world just to look for --Any one out there -- The expense must be beyond belief for the Church to finance this project that has been around for 30+ years.

For all these years the most sightings of UFO'S came from the USA and Great Britton.

Now today, it is as China emerges into the space race that they are reporting more strange Phenomena then GB or the USA has seen in the last 5 years.

These UFO'S are reported mostly in country's that are nuclear empowered.

Would be interesting if these sightings take place in the middle east, India or Pakistan.

What fun to ask----What if?----

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2010, 06:18:51 PM »
There is no, "what if"..... There's too much historical documentation to prove that Extraterrestrials DO exist. I guess that MY concern is whether or not they are good or evil. There's always that TZ episode to remind folks.... "To Serve Man"

« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 06:21:05 PM by Thor »

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2010, 07:47:48 AM »
There is no, "what if"..... There's too much historical documentation to prove that Extraterrestrials DO exist. I guess that MY concern is whether or not they are good or evil. There's always that TZ episode to remind folks.... "To Serve Man"

Gasp, It's a cook book-----

The question now is if these craft are ET   are they manned or like our little robots on Mars sending info back home.?

Are you of the seeding theory or the Bible story of Angles having sex with humans?  Were there female angles.? OR are Angles just humans that are in fact messengers from the past or the future.?

What fun to examine the storys of the earth written 10,000 years or more, ago.

Did Reincarnation theory come from the fact that this may not be the first time humans have built a world only to destroy most of it and rebuild it again and again.?