Author Topic: Bentley Continental GTC+Icy Connecticut Road+Magazine Editor+Test Drive=Crash  (Read 1962 times)

Offline Gratiot

The editor of wealth management magazine Worth crashed a $250,650.00 Bentley in Connecticut during a test-drive.  Kate Winick, the senior editor for the magazine that advises high-net-worth people how to manage their money...

...“Lost its bumper,” is how Winick described last week's crash.

News.com

Offline TVDOC

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
I'm sure the folks at Bentley are simply thrilled.......

doc
"Study the past if you wish to define the future"

Confucius

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.

doc

Agreed, but what the hell were they doing, giving the keys to her with icy roads???
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
That's quite a headline.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Gratiot

doc

According to her, they were...

She said people at the car company were “lovely.” 

“You know, they deal with this stuff all the time,” she added

...The car had to be towed back to New York City.

Right...   :lmao:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Right...   :lmao:

I'm sure Maaco will get right on it.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline TVDOC

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
She said people at the car company were “lovely.”  

â€œYou know, they deal with this stuff all the time,” she added

...The car had to be towed back to New York City.

I worked in the auto industry for many years, and for a small part of that time I was based in LA, where my employer maintained a large fleet of new vehicles for magazine reporters/product reviews, motion picture dignitaries and shoots, as well as various VIPs from the area, for public relations purposes.

I could spend an entire day relating stories about the condition in which these vehicles were returned (assuming they actually WERE returned, as many of them were simply recovered from a police impound lot).   In an alarming number of cases what we got back was suitable only for scrap.

The experience left me with a permanently negative opinion of the media and motion picture industry, and the "people" that it employs..........

doc
"Study the past if you wish to define the future"

Confucius