Author Topic: Chevy discontinuing the Trailblazer SUV  (Read 1760 times)

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
Chevy discontinuing the Trailblazer SUV
« on: August 13, 2009, 08:26:30 AM »
My current Trailblazer is a 2003 and the best car I've ever had!   She's running great, but sad to hear that Chevy's replacing it with the Equinox? (smaller, better mpg)  I'm heartbroken, as we were getting ready to trade her in on a new one.

If you drive a mid-size SUV, how do you like it ?  I feel like I'm starting over researching cars and I trust friendly recommendations over Kelly or Edmunds these days.  Thanks for your help  :cheersmate:

my car looks like this:

Here's her replacement:

Offline Flame

Re: Chevy discontinuing the Trailblazer SUV
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 08:43:31 AM »
I have an '06 Trailblazer that has done nothing buy piss me off...3 rack and pinions..back hatch weld broke, which resulted in the door tweaking, which resulted in the glass shattering, which resulted in us fighting the dealer for a month.

And at this point, with GM and it's stupidity, I'll never buy another GM product!

That being said, if you like the Trailblazer size and all, check out the Saturn Outlook or Honda Pilot...they are both comparable in size and power.

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 10:38:30 AM »
I have an '06 Trailblazer that has done nothing buy piss me off...3 rack and pinions..back hatch weld broke, which resulted in the door tweaking, which resulted in the glass shattering, which resulted in us fighting the dealer for a month.

And at this point, with GM and it's stupidity, I'll never buy another GM product!

That being said, if you like the Trailblazer size and all, check out the Saturn Outlook or Honda Pilot...they are both comparable in size and power.

Sorry to hear you had problems :(  You might be right about GM products, the future doesn't look too bright for them since it became Acorn Motors.  Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely put Saturn and Honda on my list :)

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 04:27:41 PM »
Not really a fan of those. Chevy lowered them too much, they're road-graders now. Even Ford pussified the Expolder. :thatsright:
It's sad to say the imports are looking better now.  :bs:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Gratiot

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 05:29:54 PM »
I don't think you really can go wrong with much of the Jeep line up; be it a Grand Cherokee, Commander, or even a 4 door Wrangler if that's your thing.  Barring a Jeep, I'd look at a Nissan Xterra.