Author Topic: Consequences of Defund the Police  (Read 859 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Consequences of Defund the Police
« on: October 31, 2020, 08:02:31 PM »
I'll take Unintended Consequences for ten Alex.

Hard to imagine how quickly the stupid can actually burn.  Rosebud tee's it up
here:

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100214402940

Eliot Rosewater (26,358 posts)

Armed trump supporters force campaign event cancelled AND is TX about to throw out 100K ballots?
Texas Republicans ask federal judge to throw out 100,000 ballots in Harris County cast through curbside voting
On Friday, Texas Republicans petitioned a federal court to reject over 100,000 ballots cast through curbside voting in Harris County, Texas. These efforts follow an October 22 decision by the Texas Supreme Court denying a GOP bid to shut down curbside voting — also know as drive-thru voting. The petition claims that drive-thru voting is an illegal expansion of curbside voting, the Austin American-Statesman reports.
Photo via @TheRoot

https://twitter.com/i/events/1322617328119418880

On top of Kamala cancelling event in Austin because of ARMED TRUMP SUPPORTERS
edit, thought it was a Kamala event, guess not

****ERS

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/us-election-biden-bus-trump-supporters-texas-event-cancelled-b1477876.html

Meh rosebud got two big replies.

But this thread by Soothslayer on the same topic is priceless:

soothsayer (27,129 posts)

See all these pickup trucks with Trump flags? They were sitting along I-35, waiting to ambush

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100214398812

DUmmies seem amazed the cops 'blew them off'.  Sorry, not our job man.   :rofl:

Star Member BComplex (3,741 posts)

61. Are you F***ING kidding me? The US Supreme Court gave them this authority?

"Sheriff Leaf spoke of the historical duties, rights and powers of the Sheriff. and shared this US Supreme Court case on the power of the Sheriff:

The Sheriff represents the sovereignty of the State and he has no superiors in his county and in the execution of his law enforcement duties the Sheriff represents the state and a “county commission has no direct control over how the sheriff fulfills his law enforcement duty”. McMillian v Monroe County, 520 US 781, 791, 792-94; 117 S Ct 1734 (1997)."

How in the hell did we miss this little court case?
Response to BComplex (Reply #61)Sat Oct 31, 2020, 01:20 PM
Star Member pazzyanne (4,461 posts)

72. I felt the same way.

The more I read, the more my spider sensors kicked into play. The fact that the sheriff's group and the Oath Keepers have so successfully inserted themselves into legitimate law enforcement is mind boggling. Frankly, this scares the s**t out of me. Subversive activities openly in law encorcement is unbelievable. Makes more sense of Bob Kroll and the Minnapolis police union and their ability to negatively influence the Minneapolis City Council's work to restructure the police department. The Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association (CSPOA) hosts training sessions to train their members who inturn train the units they work in.

Just yesterday I got a fundraising call from "a national law enforcement group". They gave their push on supporting law enforcement and asked if they could send me a formal contribution letter with return envelope. I asked who the envelope was addressed to and the phone call ended right then and there. This is happening all over our country. People are financially supporting this group because they are not aware
of the mission of this group
Response to BComplex (Reply #61)Sat Oct 31, 2020, 01:47 PM
Star Member Grasswire2 (8,111 posts)

76. Remember Ruby Ridge? nt

Remember DUmmies.  Defund the police is the same as don't bite the hand that feeds you, or is that too obtuse??

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: Consequences of Defund the Police
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 08:21:33 PM »
On top of Kamala cancelling event in Austin because of ARMED TRUMP SUPPORTERS
edit, thought it was a Kamala event, guess not

****ERS
Where was the outrage when Trump supporters were being murdered?

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 04:38:22 AM »
How about all the violent antifa and blm terrorists attacking peaceful Trump supporters at rallies.

If the armed Trump supporters were a threat the streets would be painted red with democrat blood.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2020, 08:36:15 AM »
https://twitter.com/ericcervini/status/1322336226792321025?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1322465856228646912%7Ctwgr%5Eshare_3&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fupload.democraticunderground.com%2F100214398812
I have bolded some of the original text from the OP which I did not initially post from the soothslayer above...
Malcolm Nance
@MalcolmNance
#VanillaISIS

Dr. Eric Cervini
@ericcervini
I flew down to Texas to help with the Biden/Harris bus tour, intended to drum up enthusiasm at polling locations. Instead, I ended up spending the afternoon calling 911. 1/

See all these pickup trucks with Trump flags? They were sitting along I-35, waiting to ambush the Biden/Harris campaign bus as it traveled from San Antonio to Austin. 2/

These Trump supporters, many of whom were armed, surrounded the bus on the interstate and attempted to drive it off the road. They outnumbered police 50-1, and they ended up hitting a staffer’s car. 3/

The police refused to help. When I flagged down one officer, he said his hands were tied: “not my jurisdiction.” He was wearing a blue stripe bandana. 4/

Understandably, though nobody was hurt, the rest of the tour was cancelled. And as a historian who studied the rise of the Third Reich, I can tell you: this is how a democracy dies. 5/

While Germany still had elections and Hitler was merely a disgraced politician, his militia of Brownshirts interrupted his opponents’ political meetings and incited violence on the streets. You know what happened next. 6/

We don’t know what Trump’s supporters (or Russia) have planned for Tuesday. We don’t know what kind of intimidation and suppression will inevitably occur. 7/

But we can be prepared. In the next four days, we can create such a landslide that their efforts are futile, sending a message that Nazi tactics have no place in America. 8/

Consider traveling to a swing state near you to canvass in person: joebiden.com/where-to-canva… 9/

And if you can’t, please commit to one shift of phone banking per day. Since we can’t celebrate Halloween, you could do it with your roommates or loved ones. joebiden.com/take-action/ 10/

We have four days, and I sure as hell don’t want to wake up on Wednesday wishing I had done more to save our democracy. Please join me. 11/11

Why did they cancel?  Had to make a laundry run to clean the excrement out of numerous pair of skivvies. :)

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2020, 08:54:56 AM »
And then..... a pickup truck jumped out of the bushes!!!!!!!!!
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2020, 09:20:55 AM »
See all these pickup trucks with Trump flags? They were sitting along I-35, waiting to ambush the Biden/Harris campaign bus as it traveled from San Antonio to Austin.

I'm former USAF and didn't receive training in ground warfare and setting up things like ambushes, but it would seem to me that if you wanted to do a proper ambush, would it make sense to be sitting in the open in plain view with flags identifying which side you are on prior to the ambush?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline hillneck

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2020, 12:09:29 PM »
But it’s ok for Biden/Harris supporters to burn, pillage, and loot cities and neighborhoods.   :bird:
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2020, 12:54:08 PM »
I'm former USAF and didn't receive training in ground warfare and setting up things like ambushes, but it would seem to me that if you wanted to do a proper ambush, would it make sense to be sitting in the open in plain view with flags identifying which side you are on prior to the ambush?
You must've been playing hooky that day
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2020, 01:17:48 PM »
See all these pickup trucks with Trump flags? They were sitting along I-35, waiting to ambush the Biden/Harris campaign bus as it traveled from San Antonio to Austin.

Were they waiting in ambush or just part of a grass roots "Trump Train" rally on wheels?

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2020, 06:14:38 PM »

Were they waiting in ambush or just part of a grass roots "Trump Train" rally on wheels?

Sleep well tonight assured that Inspector Wray is on the case.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/11/01/fbi-investigate-trump-train-joe-biden-campaign-bus-incident/

The FBI has launched an investigation into a “Trump Train” incident that occurred over the weekend, when supporters of President Donald Trump surrounded Joe Biden’s campaign bus, the Texas Tribune reported...
excerpted fair use >

Now don't that just make ya damp  and droopy. :whistling:

Drain the Swamp starting with the Fumbling Bureaucratic Idiots.