Author Topic: Bumper sticker bouncie!!!  (Read 706 times)

Offline I_B_Perky

Bumper sticker bouncie!!!
« on: October 30, 2020, 06:50:25 PM »
The headline:
Adventures in bumper stickering in a red county

The OP:

madamesilverspurs (14,367 posts)

Adventures in bumper stickering in a red county
There I was, sitting behind the wheel in the grocery store parking lot, stopped at the pedestrian crosswalk. One of those pedestrians stopped in front of my car, pointed at my Biden bumper stickers, did a little dance, dropped her mask to give a big grin with two thumbs up, then waved as she proceeded into the store. I waved back. That was one of the more delightful “sticker” encounters I’ve had; most have been brief chats with people happy to know they aren’t alone.

On the flip side, there have been a few opposition notes stuck on my windshield. And twice I’ve come out of the store to find Trump stickers on the car. Another clever soul left a length of crime scene tape across my windows. The car still has the key scratches running the length of both sides left by someone who objected to the stickers I’d added just two weeks after I got the car.

So why do I keep doing the stickers? Because I enjoy those brief affirming encounters. As for the less pleasant ones — what does it say about those who can only sneak up on an unoccupied car parked in a handicap space? So much for the “courage” of their conviction.

The link:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214396192

Now this is not a big bonfire at the moment, only half hour old... I'm sure this is gonna get some replies.  I'll bring the entire thread over, two posts:

Hermit-The-Prog (16,158 posts)
1. MAGAts hate your freedom.

Please explain to me what freedoms the MAGA folks want to take away from you?  Then contrast it with the dems shutting down businesses in blue states!  Hell your candidate for president done said we *GOT* to shut the entire country down, and what does President Trump want to do?  Hint: Aint shut the country down.

C'mon Hermit the incel... come over here and edumacate my uneducated ass.  I'll refrain from mentioning my degrees in Computer Science and Math during the edumacation. I'll even pretend to be uneducated just so I can actually see what you have to say.

kimbutgar (14,254 posts)
2. My late Dad said never to put political stickers on your car

Because of the things that has happened to you. In 1960 my Dad had a Kennedy sticker and someone tagged his car. With scratches. There’s always been these assholes who commit vandalism because they don’t like politics.

Yep.... good advice!   Seems like I always see threads at the dump about vandalizing cars with GOP stickers.   :bird:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline landofconfusion80

Re: Bumper sticker bouncie!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 06:54:07 PM »
Who are the ones bragging about taking a screwdriver to Jesus fish again?
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 08:05:25 PM »
Who are the ones bragging about taking a screwdriver to Jesus fish again?

Very Seinfeld-ian.  Elaine did that to her boyfriend David Puddy and changed all of his car's radio preset stations from Christian to heavy metal.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 08:23:53 PM »
Very Seinfeld-ian.  Elaine did that to her boyfriend David Puddy and changed all of his car's radio preset stations from Christian to heavy metal.
Thats it.... thanks for the reference. The insanity over there just all blends together after awhile
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2020, 11:31:41 AM »
What kind of a DUmbass puts a bumper sticker on the front bumper?

A very gifted DUmbass, that's who.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2020, 11:53:25 AM »
What kind of a DUmbass puts a bumper sticker on the front bumper?

A very gifted DUmbass, that's who.

For a bunch of idiots who want to move the country ass backwards, rather appropriate.  Always moving in reverse.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender