Author Topic: Oh No, unintended consequences  (Read 490 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Oh No, unintended consequences
« on: October 20, 2020, 07:32:05 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214322268

Here is a wonderful thread on early voting, vote counting and other skullduggery.

Star Member Baitball Blogger (36,438 posts)

How Florida Republicans can use their advantage on election day.
Since Florida begins to count absentee ballots 22 days before the election, they will know exactly how many Republican votes short they will be per county. AND they will know what Republicans still haven't voted.

So count on some heavy telemarketing and arm wrestling to get their reticent voters out at the last minute.

The posts are best read in total at the DUmp link above.  Ms Toad and Hoyt provide some interesting commentary on GOTV. 
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline zeitgeist

Re: Oh No, unintended consequences
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 07:34:04 PM »
Star Member Hoyt (45,777 posts)

26. I know one can buy a list of registered voters. But I find nowhere that I can buy a list of people

who voted today from an election board. That's what I am questioning.
Response to Hoyt (Reply #26)Tue Oct 20, 2020, 02:27 PM
Star Member Ms. Toad (24,013 posts)

27. I don't know the mechanics -

The organization obtained hte lists. I can just tell you that those list are a critical part of GOTV operations I have personally permitted in.

The information is public - I don't know the mechanics of obtaining the lists - but ALL GOTV operations have access to them.

As I indicated. I personally have received lists on election day of individuals who voted prior to the election day, and I personally have reviewed the mid-day lists in order to continue efficient GOTV operations by targeting individuals who have already voted. Those mid-day lists include both advance voting - and day-of voting.

Just because you, an individual with apparently no experience with GOTV operations, can't find the lists doesn't mean that organizations that specialize in this can't find them.
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 07:39:21 PM »
So Star Moron Baitball Blogger thinks Rs will know the vote tally on Election Day but Dems won't?

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 09:25:28 PM »
Damn, that's dumb.  As much as it pains me to give Hoyt any credit for a lucid moment, he's right on that.  Also, any advantage the Rs can glean from the available info, the Ds can too.  Early voting is not a one-party thing, especially in a place like FL where a lot of old folks in both parties would take advantage of it to avoid unnecessary COVID exposure.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 10:19:00 AM »
Star Member Baitball Blogger (36,438 posts)

How Florida Republicans can use their advantage on election day.
Since Florida begins to count absentee ballots 22 days before the election, they will know exactly how many Republican votes short AHEAD they will be per county. AND they will know what Republicans still haven't voted.

So count on some heavy telemarketing and arm wrestling to get their reticent voters out at the last minute.

DUmmie misspelled a word.  I fixed it.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen