Author Topic: COVID-19 just claimed my friend's brother  (Read 769 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
COVID-19 just claimed my friend's brother
« on: October 19, 2020, 02:19:50 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214316766

Freelancer (1,519 posts)

COVID-19 just claimed my friend's brother

I was in line to early vote at the library. An idiot in front of me had just finished saying that this whole COVID thing was "just a hoax" to somebody in line when the “bong” sound went off on my phone. When I looked, this message came up:

"I am so sorry to report that my brother Steve passed away peacefully this morning around 9:00 a. m.
His wife Peggy and daughter Robin were with him at his bedside.
He just could not overcome the complications of the Covid 19 virus.
He will be cremated and no services are planned for now, but maybe a Celebration of Life next spring.

He was a special guy with many talents and we will miss him very much.
May he Rest In Peace."

I said “I just got this email” and read the first line from above — “I’m sorry to report…"

There was silence in the line of 20 or so people. After a few seconds, the idiot said, low and under his breath, “I’m still not wearin' a mask.”

His wife nudged him with her elbow, as if to say “Shut up.”

So here we go.  Now I don't know about other states, but here in Texas the first thing they ask you to do is turn your phone off.  Maybe they don't do that where this DUmmie is, or maybe they were still outside, or MAYBE the DUmmie wasn't following the rules.

DUmmie then shuts down '20 or so people' by simply reading the first line which says nothing of C-19, so I guess the '20 or so people' just all knew it was C-19?

Finally, why is it they have to use words like sheepishly, or gobsmacked, or in this case, "low and under his breath..."?  Using words like that automatically make me not believe anything they've posted in the story.  I don't know why, but it does.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

Re: COVID-19 just claimed my friend's brother
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 03:55:29 PM »
Cool story, bro. Though the part about Freelancer having a :stoner: is probably true, :rimshot: .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 05:02:50 PM »
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 05:31:20 PM »
An idiot in front of me had just finished saying that this whole COVID thing was "just a hoax" to somebody in line when the “bong” sound went off on my phone. When I looked, this message came up:

shocking coincidence and timing....
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 06:42:44 PM »
Do they think sane people don't know they are lying?

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 08:55:22 PM »
I'm sure it's all President Trump's fault.

I've seen maskies but not this.  Not sure what to call these.  Deathies?   :shrug:

I have been noticing that this is a consistent theme across the internet on all the comment platforms for news sites.

My <insert your relative here> just <insert died, was in a coma, on a respirator> and this is all due to <Trump, antimaskers, Trumpers, red staters> not following the DAMNED SCIENCE!!!!!!!!!! and locking the whole country down like Vietnam did... etc.

Way too many of these comments to not be a coordinated effort.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 09:05:29 AM »
Do they think sane people don't know they are lying?

For those out there in the real world, I have a question.

There seems to be a lot of these confrontations over masks, but are they really as frequent as the primitives and the news media insist?

Around here, one wears a mask or one doesn't, the former being a minority against the overwhelming latter. 

But no one comments about it; the unmasked don't squawk at the masked, and the masked most certainly leave the unmasked alone.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2020, 12:20:04 PM »
For those out there in the real world, I have a question.

There seems to be a lot of these confrontations over masks, but are they really as frequent as the primitives and the news media insist?

Around here, one wears a mask or one doesn't, the former being a minority against the overwhelming latter. 

But no one comments about it; the unmasked don't squawk at the masked, and the masked most certainly leave the unmasked alone.
Walmart and Sam's club require masks when in the docks. Unfortunately,  you really can't fight their policies. Chin diaper method is completely appropriate though
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 01:21:36 PM »
Freelancer (1,519 posts)

Bless your heart.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.