Author Topic: The case of the AR-15 and the vaporized hog  (Read 11111 times)

Offline 67 Rover

Re: The case of the AR-15 and the vaporized hog
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2018, 07:58:15 AM »
It's the the depleted Unobtanium that makes it so destructive and deadly!

BTW, I tested and aligned a couple hundred A-10 Projection Units (HUDs) back in '79-'80, when the A-10s were still in production.

So you were the one responsible for the accuracy of those evil AmeriKKKan weapons of war who shot up schools, weddings, baby milk factory's and hospitals of a peace loving people who's only crime was to have oil as a natural resource. You bastard!  :cheersmate:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2018, 07:59:03 AM »
I have one of the old Ruger carbines in .44 Mag, great little rifle.  Don't like their new ones (too much plastic and I think they're only doing 9mm now).

The 'Deerfield' .44s are a hard to find, did see one at a gun show this weekend, but definitely pricey.  As far as .45 goes, rumor has it that Ruger completed all the technical work and engineering for their carbine, a 'PC45' which I do remember seeing in prototype-announcement form many years ago in American Rifleman, but then just never made any of them for some reason.  Options are pretty limited if you want a .45, I don't think Marlin makes the Camp 45 anymore but there are some used ones around (Pricey though), or there is the MEC 1911 upper.  Don't know if the HiPoint is available in .45 or not, but the MEC and HiPoint are not the most visually appealing guns in the world, although they are a dream for a project-freak like me.  In 9mm, on the other hand, there are a ton of options.

I do have a Rossi .357 lever action and a couple of revolvers that share the round.  I've seen M1 carbine conversions for .357 and have a PMC gun and the parts to do the job (Including some Coonan mags), but it isn't going to happen for at least a couple of years for me.

Quite a fan of the 'Pistol and carbine combination' myself.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2018, 09:38:56 AM »

Looks like a happy shooter!  One other guy in my deer camp has one of the newer Ruger .44 Magnums.  He's our oldest member, at about 80 years old.  Still gets around pretty good.

Where do you go hog hunting, cats?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2018, 03:23:39 AM »
Looks like a happy shooter!  One other guy in my deer camp has one of the newer Ruger .44 Magnums.  He's our oldest member, at about 80 years old.  Still gets around pretty good.

Where do you go hog hunting, cats?

I used to go to Wild Hill in Vermont until the liberal loons run him out. Tioga in Penn is OK but kinda canned. Getting to expensive.
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2018, 10:17:09 AM »
Here it is.
Proof positive.

Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2018, 10:23:05 AM »
Here it is.
Proof positive.

Wondering about reloads can you tell me if that is Boxer or Berdan primed???  :cheersmate:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2018, 01:46:27 PM »
Here it is.
Proof positive.

Is this made by the ACME Ammunition Company?  There's some coyote that wants to know . . .

I found this little item about the use of an AR-15-style rifle, just now.

Man Armed with AR-15 Stops Attack by Neighbor in Oswego, Ill.

I'm providing the link, as the story's in the video at the link.

https://news.grabien.com/story-man-armed-ar-15-stops-attack-neighbor-oswego-ill?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=idealmedia&utm_campaign=grabien.com&utm_term=68738&utm_content=2196706

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2018, 08:17:46 PM »
Wondering about reloads can you tell me if that is Boxer or Berdan primed???  :cheersmate:
Neither, 67. It's electric.  Acme makes all components.

Is this made by the ACME Ammunition Company?  There's some coyote that wants to know . . .

I found this little item about the use of an AR-15-style rifle, just now.

I'm providing the link, as the story's in the video at the link.

https://news.grabien.com/story-man-armed-ar-15-stops-attack-neighbor-oswego-ill?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=idealmedia&utm_campaign=grabien.com&utm_term=68738&utm_content=2196706

Acme it is.  :yahoo:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline SVPete

« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2018, 08:30:02 PM »
Neither, 67. It's electric.  Acme makes all components.

Acme it is.  :yahoo:

https://www.hubbell.com/acmeelectric/en/
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2018, 10:32:14 PM »

I want to know what killed that hog.  Did it keel over dead from fright when you vaporized one of its buddies?  Was it hit by bone fragments from another hog that didn't vaporize completely?  Or was simply waving your death stick at it enough to give it a heart attack?  Just wondering if I need to start considering the carom effect of partially vaporized deer the next time I go hunting.  Hate to exceed my tag limit due to improper vaporization.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2018, 10:34:29 PM »

That hog does not look vaporized. If that hog was vaporized, than bullets should vaporize rabbits or ermines.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2018, 04:19:38 AM »
That hogs brain was vaporized.
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2018, 05:05:37 AM »
That hogs brain was vaporized.

Anybody's would be, partially, if it was hit with a 240-grain 'headache pill.' :whistling:

Chase her.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2018, 06:27:49 AM »
Anybody's would be, partially, if it was hit with a 240-grain 'headache pill.' :whistling:

Well that settles it we need less lethal bullets. Save the children.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2020, 04:08:18 AM »
Bringing this topic back up because I was reminded of it recently.
While I always knew this DUmmy's story was a load of crap, two weeks ago I got extra confirmation of what a lie it was.
My parents and brother, over the last few months, have gotten more interested in gun ownership, largely as a way of protecting themselves with all the social unrest growing. My brother bought an AR- 15, and my parents each got a pistol.
Two weeks ago, we all went out to the shooting range. While I don't own a firearm myself (Never felt the need to, though I have no problem with others legally and responsibly doing so), I figured at least learning to shoot could be a useful skill in an emergency, similar to learning how to change a car tire.
We were of course using plain paper bullseye- type targets for our shooting. When we finished, the paper target my brother had been shooting at with his AR- 15 had a lot of holes from where his bullets had hit it (He was a pretty good shot), but was otherwise whole and in one piece.
If the DUmmy's BS story were true and an AR- 15 could "Vaporize" a wild hog, surely my brother's flimsy little paper target would have been completely obliterated!
In short, DUmmies lie, all the time.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2020, 08:28:36 AM »
I think one of The Cave's worthies got himself a Hog Vaporizer. :fuelfire:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2020, 05:23:38 PM »
Just remember that people who think they are really smart are the easiest to fool.  DUchebags think they are really smart.

This from the long ago but I seam to remember that a British guy with a 303 Enfield held two records. One was for shooting like 35 rounds in a minute. Tough to do with a bolt action rifle and reloading it. Two was that he put a hole in a rail tie with his Enfield. Both are pretty tall tales. But the Brits loved their Enfields.

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2020, 06:25:26 AM »
Just remember that people who think they are really smart are the easiest to fool.  DUchebags think they are really smart.

This from the long ago but I seam to remember that a British guy with a 303 Enfield held two records. One was for shooting like 35 rounds in a minute. Tough to do with a bolt action rifle and reloading it. Two was that he put a hole in a rail tie with his Enfield. Both are pretty tall tales. But the Brits loved their Enfields.

Firing 35 rounds in a minute seems possible, If you fired 35 rounds in 30 seconds, that would give you 5 seconds to reload 6 times as the gun holds 5 rounds.
If you had the stripper clips laid out next to you it should be possible

As for punching a hole in a tie I am not so sure about that as the .303 isn't a really block buster say like the 30-06
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2020, 08:12:07 AM »
Firing 35 rounds in a minute seems possible, If you fired 35 rounds in 30 seconds, that would give you 5 seconds to reload 6 times as the gun holds 5 rounds.
If you had the stripper clips laid out next to you it should be possible

As for punching a hole in a tie I am not so sure about that as the .303 isn't a really block buster say like the 30-06

The 'Smelly' has a 10-round detachable mag, though normally reloaded from two five-round strippers at a time (I've tried to speed-swap an Enfield mag, let's just say it doesn't lend itself to the process), it'd be 2-1/2 reloads using the strippers.  I think loading two strippers at a time would still be faster than two separate five-round stripper reloads like in a Mauser-system rifle.  The .303 ballistics are pretty similar to the .30-06, when loaded with the same weight of bullet, but the most common WW2 and after loads were the Brit Mk VII for the .303 and the M2 Ball for the '06, in those loadings basically the Mk VII shoots a 20+ gr. heavier bullet but at about 300 fps slower, so it's kind of situational about whether weight or velocity is more important as far as target effect goes (There were other models in use at different times, with higher velocities, heavier bullets, or both for both rounds, but mostly those were used up or prohibited for rifle use by the time WW2 ended).
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2020, 09:44:20 AM »
Funny thing is I have received two videos of AR-15's in the last year or so. Both my sons own one.  One is my little bitty ex-wife.  ( I wish I didn't have to say ex, but we separated amicably.)  Anyways, if she's wearing wet clothes she weighs in at about 110 lbs.  They were at a shooting range and my son was setting her all up to fire it.  He told her to hold it tight to her shoulder, he backs off and she fires.  All she said was "Woah".  The funniest part is my son immediately say "Finger off the trigger"   The second video was of my daughter in law, (wife of this same son) she is shooting his AR-15 at 4" swinging metal plates.  In the video you can hear the "Ting, ting ting"  of each shot striking home.  After seeing that I just told my son, "Don't piss her off or stay out of range if you do.  :)