Author Topic: The case of the AR-15 and the vaporized hog  (Read 11221 times)

Offline hillneck

Re: The case of the AR-15 and the vaporized hog
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2018, 02:28:41 PM »
The newer AR-15's turn hogs into BLT's instantly.  There's an app.  You just have to bring the bread, lettuce and tomatoes.

Damn, I must be shopping at the wrong gun store.  The 4 AR's I have won't vaporize a coyote, must less a full grown hog.
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline Karin

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2018, 02:32:45 PM »
 :lmao:  It was a little too obvious, the yoga and tofu were a step too far.  Funny how some fell for it. 

Offline hillneck

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2018, 04:08:18 PM »
fierywoman (1,431 posts)
2.  Maybe you could share your story with the NRA crowd?

Here's one..  She should come on over here for that discussion.     :fuelfire:
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2018, 04:40:54 PM »
Shooter was obviously using the spent uranium round.  Lights 'um up like a radar range.   :lmao: 

When I was younger, long  before the turn of the century, we were allowed to 'drive' deer.  In those days my cousins and I would be the barkers going through the woods and uncles and older cousins would be set up. Several uncles shot semi 30-06 's.  One day we drove a deer toward the sets and you hear " tat tat tat, then tat tat tat, then tat tat tat", then a single bang (a bolt action .410 was in use at the end of the set line.)  The semi's pretty much made hamburg of the deer but the single .410 stopped it dead. And that's the way it was.   :fuelfire:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2018, 05:05:25 PM »
:lmao:  It was a little too obvious, the yoga and tofu were a step too far.  Funny how some fell for it.

Yep, the whole "Conversion" from avid hunter to wimpy hippy was just ridiculous. I'm surprised he didn't add something about listening to more John Lennon, Bob Dylan, and Phish ever since then.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2018, 06:56:11 PM »
LOL, people have access to YouTube (if they don't already possess enough knowledge to know that this DU poster was full of crap). Not only will an AR-15 not vaporize a hog, but some hogs will require more than one shot to put down.

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2018, 01:08:37 AM »
I can't decide what's funnier. The OP (which is brilliant, Hi-5 to whoever put that together), the DUmmies that lapped it up or the fact that it was alerted and was allowed to stand because it was so believable.  The only reason the post is gone is because Skinner, or one of his minions, banned the poster.  So one of the Admins took a look at the thread and considered how stupid it made them all look and killed it.  How sad is it when Skinner, EarlG and Elad are considered the adults in the room.

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2018, 04:13:40 AM »
This guy must be taking notes from that one drama queen who wrote an article saying how firing an AR gave him PTSD and hurt his shoulder.

A couple of days ago I was watching this show called Bizarre Foods. The host was in Texas and was shooting hogs with an AR from the back of a pickup truck. No vaporizing there.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2018, 10:13:27 AM »
Damn, I must be shopping at the wrong gun store.  The 4 AR's I have won't vaporize a coyote, must less a full grown hog.

Yup! You should have gotten the Star Wars Special Edition Greedo-rizer.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2018, 10:48:21 PM »
All those years spent in the military and each time I was on the range they never did anything like vaporize those plastic targets we shot at .
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2018, 06:57:38 AM »
All those years spent in the military and each time I was on the range they never did anything like vaporize those plastic targets we shot at .

Yea but those were just training rounds.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2018, 07:16:56 AM »
The AR certainly would not be my choice for hunting feral hogs.  Great play on the idiots though.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2018, 08:32:43 AM »
I have been thinking about getting a PCC (pistol caliber carbine). This type of rifle is becoming popular in leaps and bounds.

Over the past few months I have been looking at them and speaking to others that have them. This in an attempt to decide which PCC is the right fit for me. What I have decided on is a 9mm PCC that uses Glock magazines. Also, over the last year I've putting together a collection of general gunsmithing tools and a number of AR15 specific tools. The only tool I don't have is a barrel nut wrench and headspace gages.

So over the last several months or so I have been thinking of building my own based on the modular AR design. This is called in some circles an AR-9. I want to buy some of the major components from a company called Palmetto State Armory, they sell a lot of AR tackle and have a large inventory.

Anyway to the point, I went to visit the Palmetto website last night and noticed that compared to a few weeks ago when just about everything was in stock, now just about everything is out of stock. So I guess I will wait, I hope that there isn't going to be a big run on all things firearms like after Sandy Hook because it took years for things to get back to normal. Over the weekend, I did however purchase (from other sources) enough rimfire 22 ammo to last the 2018 season and 5K federal small pistol primers.

"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline SVPete

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2018, 11:16:08 AM »
I've heard gun & ammo sales are up in FL. Whether out of concern about more laws attacking legal gun owners or a realization of the limitations on what LEOs can and will do, I can't guess. "Both" would not surprise me.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2018, 11:32:41 AM »
I realize that upstate NY is a far distance from FL, but I went and put my name on a CC revolver over the weekend--a Ruger LCR in .357 Magnum.  I asked about a S&W M&P 340, and it priced out at $950-plus.  So, I figured that I'd try the LCR with the shrouded hammer.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2018, 11:38:16 AM »
I have been thinking about getting a PCC (pistol caliber carbine). This type of rifle is becoming popular in leaps and bounds.

Over the past few months I have been looking at them and speaking to others that have them. This in an attempt to decide which PCC is the right fit for me. What I have decided on is a 9mm PCC that uses Glock magazines. Also, over the last year I've putting together a collection of general gunsmithing tools and a number of AR15 specific tools. The only tool I don't have is a barrel nut wrench and headspace gages.

So over the last several months or so I have been thinking of building my own based on the modular AR design. This is called in some circles an AR-9. I want to buy some of the major components from a company called Palmetto State Armory, they sell a lot of AR tackle and have a large inventory.

Anyway to the point, I went to visit the Palmetto website last night and noticed that compared to a few weeks ago when just about everything was in stock, now just about everything is out of stock. So I guess I will wait, I hope that there isn't going to be a big run on all things firearms like after Sandy Hook because it took years for things to get back to normal. Over the weekend, I did however purchase (from other sources) enough rimfire 22 ammo to last the 2018 season and 5K federal small pistol primers.

I have one of the old Ruger carbines in .44 Mag, great little rifle.  Don't like their new ones (too much plastic and I think they're only doing 9mm now).

Have you considered a Henry lever action?  Beautiful, made in the USofA, and great cartridges.  My wife has one in .357.

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/big-boy/

I know they're a bit pricey, but they are FANTASTIC rifles.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2018, 12:04:39 PM »
I have one of the old Ruger carbines in .44 Mag, great little rifle.  Don't like their new ones (too much plastic and I think they're only doing 9mm now).

Have you considered a Henry lever action?  Beautiful, made in the USofA, and great cartridges.  My wife has one in .357.

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/big-boy/

I know they're a bit pricey, but they are FANTASTIC rifles.

My LGS has a used Winchester 94 (AE, I believe) in .357 Magnum with a Trapper-length barrel.  A tad north of $850.  I was close . . . :whistling:

As for the old Ruger Deerfield .44 Magnum carbines, my cousin bought one that someone at the deer camp I belong to had.  The owner died of lung cancer a few years ago, and his wife was selling his long guns.  My cousin sighted it in with one .44 Magnum load, then used another load to hunt with.  He had a buck come down to his ground blind while he had the Ruger . . . and he missed it. :banghead:  He's going to make damned sure his rifles hit where he wants, with the right loads, as he missed two different bucks with two different rifles this past deer season. :banghead:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 12:08:57 PM by BlueStateSaint »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2018, 12:19:10 PM »
My LGS has a used Winchester 94 (AE, I believe) in .357 Magnum with a Trapper-length barrel.  A tad north of $850.  I was close . . . :whistling:

As for the old Ruger Deerfield .44 Magnum carbines, my cousin bought one that someone at the deer camp I belong to had.  The owner died of lung cancer a few years ago, and his wife was selling his long guns.  My cousin sighted it in with one .44 Magnum load, then used another load to hunt with.  He had a buck come down to his ground blind while he had the Ruger . . . and he missed it. :banghead:  He's going to make damned sure his rifles hit where he wants, with the right loads, as he missed two different bucks with two different rifles this past deer season. :banghead:

Just make sure your cousin doesn't use a .223 and turn the next buck into a cloud of pink vapor! :-)

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2018, 12:59:35 PM »
Good grief.... :thatsright:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2018, 01:06:48 PM »
Just make sure your cousin doesn't use a .223 and turn the next buck into a cloud of pink vapor! :-)

Google the A-10 Thunderbolt (warthog) and you will see they built an air frame around the venerable .223 gun and variants that can shoot the super duper 5.56 round when you absolutely have to turn it up to 11! 
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2018, 09:36:49 PM »

I got a Baretta PX4 carbine a few years back, it was an opportunity buy that I couldn't pass up.
For the life of me I can't figure out why I need such a thing, but I have to admit, it's an outright blast to shoot. The kids love the thing too. Only prob is the small magazines as they are interchangeable with the PX4 pistols

Example, mine doesnt have optics on it tho

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2018, 09:39:05 PM »
I realize that upstate NY is a far distance from FL, but I went and put my name on a CC revolver over the weekend--a Ruger LCR in .357 Magnum.  I asked about a S&W M&P 340, and it priced out at $950-plus.  So, I figured that I'd try the LCR with the shrouded hammer.

I've got the LCR in .357 also. This thing is the perfect ankle gun. I liked it so much I bought the wife one in .38spl

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2018, 05:06:23 AM »
I have one of the old Ruger carbines in .44 Mag, great little rifle. 

I have that old Ruger! It's my go to pig gun. It knocks em down! No vaporization though?
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2018, 05:10:28 AM »
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline SVPete

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2018, 07:37:17 AM »
Google the A-10 Thunderbolt (warthog) and you will see they built an air frame around the venerable .223 gun and variants that can shoot the super duper 5.56 round when you absolutely have to turn it up to 11!

It's the the depleted Unobtanium that makes it so destructive and deadly!

BTW, I tested and aligned a couple hundred A-10 Projection Units (HUDs) back in '79-'80, when the A-10s were still in production.