Author Topic: Need help fast.  (Read 1477 times)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Need help fast.
« on: May 31, 2013, 03:49:46 PM »
That almost new Kia we bought has a problem.

I began to wonder what was going on when I received a call from the dealership we bought her from asking if everything was OK with her.

LATER THAT SAME DAY I RECIEVED A CALL FROM A DEALERSHIP 3 TOWNS OVER .     Seems the car had belonged to them and they sold it to the dealership we bought her from.

A small problem had come up. When the car was sold a mix up happened at the original dealer ship, the car was waiting on parts to repair a leaking hose to the power steering and a few other small things.  We have a warranty so getting her fixed is no money out for us, but as there is nothing in the paperwork to mention the defect, will this void or cancel our contract ???

Can we bring her back as we bought her being told she was a certified car and arrange to buy a new Kia without all the bells and whistles, cheaper then this fully loaded  5 year old car  ?

Neither Hubby or I dare drive the car, in case the hose blows out and we on the interstate find we now have to wrestle the steering to get off the road.

Never ran into this problem before with a car, this is not Walmart where if there is something wrong we can return it if parts are missing.

Any ideas , we are going to wait a few days and let them sweat it out at both dealerships, we have 2 more weeks to pitch a bitch about the car by state law.

By the way, it is interesting that the dealership 3 towns over called me and want to make the repairs themselves and not take it to the dealership we bought it from.   

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
Re: Need help fast.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 05:29:00 PM »
Find out how the DEALERSHIP 3 TOWNS OVER will handle things if they do the repair. Cost, downtime, etc. Will they trailer it to their shop?

If the dealer you bought it from can demonstrate that it was a good faith transaction on their part, they're probably off the hook.

The clue:
When the car was sold a mix up happened at the original dealer ship, the car was waiting on parts to repair a leaking hose to the power steering and a few other small things.

(snip)

By the way, it is interesting that the dealership 3 towns over called me and want to make the repairs themselves and not take it to the dealership we bought it from.

Next time, buy a Ford.
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline freedumb2003b

Re: Need help fast.
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 05:57:59 PM »
That almost new Kia we bought has a problem.

I began to wonder what was going on when I received a call from the dealership we bought her from asking if everything was OK with her.

LATER THAT SAME DAY I RECIEVED A CALL FROM A DEALERSHIP 3 TOWNS OVER .     Seems the car had belonged to them and they sold it to the dealership we bought her from.

A small problem had come up. When the car was sold a mix up happened at the original dealer ship, the car was waiting on parts to repair a leaking hose to the power steering and a few other small things.  We have a warranty so getting her fixed is no money out for us, but as there is nothing in the paperwork to mention the defect, will this void or cancel our contract ???

Can we bring her back as we bought her being told she was a certified car and arrange to buy a new Kia without all the bells and whistles, cheaper then this fully loaded  5 year old car  ?

Neither Hubby or I dare drive the car, in case the hose blows out and we on the interstate find we now have to wrestle the steering to get off the road.

Never ran into this problem before with a car, this is not Walmart where if there is something wrong we can return it if parts are missing.

Any ideas , we are going to wait a few days and let them sweat it out at both dealerships, we have 2 more weeks to pitch a bitch about the car by state law.

If they knew about the problem and did not disclose (even if it is a mix-up), you can nullify the contract -- they get the car, you get the money back (plus any reasonable expenses).

Black letter law.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.