Author Topic: Proglodyte fiction writing contest goes awry  (Read 1539 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Proglodyte fiction writing contest goes awry
« on: January 23, 2018, 01:35:55 PM »
Baitball Blogger (27,636 posts)

The Day Trump is Forced to Step Down.

I don't think there was a combined jovial outburst the day Nixon was forced out, but I expect people to run out of their houses screaming for joy the day that Trump realizes it's time to take the most face saving exit strategy that Mueller allows him. And I base this on a personal experience.

I once worked for company that owned three floors of a building in downtown Orlando. There were no real walls on our floor, except for cubicles on three corners for the managers. The elevators and stairs where in the center and the desks, many, many desks, were faced away from the windows. The tough economic times of the 80s played out on that floor. People survived the best way they knew how, and that sometimes meant bringing out the worst in some people. In particular, one female manager who was just down right mean. She would pit people against each other and if you were targeted, you were going to have a rough time at work. She would find every opportunity to ridicule you publicly. For those she had in her sights, the only thing that saved them were benign male managers who seemed to understand what was going on. They couldn't stop her, but they tried to step in and move people around to keep them out of her way.

I left the company in the mid-eighties for my own reasons and heard updates from friends over the following years. The company was cutting employment rolls. It became so systematic that home office sent representatives who took residence in a hotel across the street. One by one, people were being called across the street and would return in tears, fired. Most of the ones who were let go were clerical. But one day the female manager was called down. No one knew why, for sure. Was she there to help them cull the workers?

But, someone who was in the vicinity of the meeting in the hotel heard what went down and called ahead to let everyone know what had happened. Once it made it to the floor, the word spread and you could hear the reaction like a noise wave as it spread around desk by desk around the floor. There were cheers, cries of joy and relief. No one held back. Not even the fact that the woman's husband worked on that same floor kept them from withholding their emotional outbursts.

And I predict, that the day that Trump leaves office, it will be like that.

SWBTATTReg (517 posts)
1. Can't wait!

JenniferJuniper (2,610 posts)
2. Why keep saying "female manager"?

Can't a bad manager just be a bad manager or do you have an issue in general with women in management?

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210135481
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 02:13:14 PM by SSG Snuggle Bunny »
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Proglodyte fiction writing contestant goes awry
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 01:59:13 PM »

Can't a bad manager just be a bad manager or do you have an issue in general with women in management?

Yeah, can't let a little thing like 'details' get in the way of a good story. 

There is absolutely nothing that does not offend these snowflakes.  Nothing.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 02:06:00 PM »
Baitball Blogger (27,636 posts)

The Day Trump is Forced to Step Down.
January 20, 2025 at noon EST.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 02:09:11 PM »

Don't get your tits in a twist.

Offline SVPete

Re: Proglodyte fiction writing contest goes awry
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 02:28:52 PM »

A self-identifying refried hippy (who probably is, very).

It's a 1960s song by Donovan, but I won't associate it with the DU-member by linking it.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 04:41:09 PM »
SWBTATTReg (517 posts)
1. Can't wait!

Well, you are going to have to wait, and it is going to be a very long wait. Ass Hole :bird:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline dixierose

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 06:37:36 AM »
Wait....they aren't even thinking about what happens when Trump "steps down". Pence will take over. Aren't they scared he will send "the gays" to concentration camps?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 08:01:31 AM »
... Pence will take over. Aren't they scared he will send "the gays" to concentration camps?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

They're probably more scared that Pence would screw up their stereotypes by not hounding and harassing gays. If Pence runs for President there will be a Category 5 hurricane of anti-Christian bigotry from the Democrat Party and MSM that might shock the normal people of this country.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.