Author Topic: Neil Young Wants His Music Off Spotify Over Joe Rogan Vaccine Misinformation  (Read 1077 times)

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
https://www.billboard.com/business/streaming/neil-young-spotify-joe-rogan-vaccines-letter-remove-music-1235022525/

Neil Young wants his music pulled from Spotify, citing the spread of vaccine misinformation on the popular Joe Rogan Experience podcast as the cause.

“They can have Rogan or Young. Not both,” Young wrote in an open letter to his management team and record label posted to his Neil Young Archives website, according to Rolling Stone. The post has since been removed. “I want you to let Spotify know immediately TODAY that I want all my music off their platform.”

Guess we will see who blinks here.  I got no dog in the fight, only like a couple of Young songs, and almost never use Spotify.
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Oh how cute. Another old celebrity that thinks they're still relevant in 2022.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Drafe Hoblin

My Twitter-feed:  " Hey, Neil.  What happened to Keep On Rocking In The Free World... ? "

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
My Twitter-feed:  " Hey, Neil.  What happened to Keep On Rocking In The Free World... ? "

Or "Old Man", another Neil Young classic.  Back when he was relevant.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

1. I use Spotify. 2. I have never heard Rogan's voice that I'm aware of, nor read anything written by him that I remember. 3. If Spotify removes Rogan they will lose, probably, hundreds or even thousands of users, myself included. 4. CS & N was better than CSN & Y, anyway.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
I thought he was dead....
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant

Dog knows his claim on relevance has long departed this mortal plain...

:fuelfire:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Neil's been into the woof cookies again..... :stoner:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

Perhaps the Ray Charles song "Hit the Road Jack" defines this conclusion:

Spotify To Pull Neil Young Music After Ultimatum Letter Demanding Rogan Be Removed

Spotify is reportedly in the process of removing music from folk-rock star Neil Young after the 76-year-old gave the audio platform an ultimatum: remove the incredibly popular “Joe Rogan Experience” podcast, or lose Young’s music.

It apparently didn’t take too long for Spotify to choose, a Wall Street Journal report outlined Wednesday.

“Spotify Technology SA is in the process of removing Neil Young’s music, according to people familiar with the matter, as the folk-rock star isn’t wavering in his objections to Joe Rogan’s podcast,” the report said.

As highlighted by The Daily Wire on Tuesday, Young issued a now-deleted message to his management team and record label telling them to “refuse the music streaming service access to his catalog of albums until they cut ties with podcast host Joe Rogan.”

“Please act on this immediately today and keep me informed of the time schedule,” Young wrote.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/just-in-spotify-to-pull-neil-young-music-after-ultimatum-letter-demanding-rogan-be-removed

:nelson:

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, Neil. And take that dumbass hat with you, too.  :nunchuck:

Offline DLR Pyro

saw this yesterday.  I'm not a Neil Young fan and didn't know he is married to Daryl Hannah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIAfNEcr6wo
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

Some stereotyping from Neil Young, https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/neilyoung/southernman.html . Not quoting his hateful dreck.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.

No, just his career and relevance in today's world.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
saw this yesterday.  I'm not a Neil Young fan and didn't know he is married to Daryl Hannah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIAfNEcr6wo

Didn't know that either until the rumors started flying about her writing the letter.  Video also mentions that Young sold the rights to half his music a few years ago, so it's debatable if he has the legal right to make the request, at least to what he doesn't have rights to any more. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline freedumb2003b

On Gettr yesterday there was a LOT of buzz about Spotify agreeing with the old hippie and kicked him off.  Rogan is $100M and worth a lot more than an old has-been who has not had a hit in 40 years.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I'll say one thing for Neil -- thanks to him, I've been on Spotify for the first time EVER in the past couple of days. Kinda cool!

Thanks, Neil! Now that you're no longer there, I enjoy the hell out of it!  :-)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Oh well.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ralph Wiggum

I'll say one thing for Neil -- thanks to him, I've been on Spotify for the first time EVER in the past couple of days. Kinda cool!

Thanks, Neil! Now that you're no longer there, I enjoy the hell out of it!  :-)

IIRC, I'm younger than you.  But am I the only person without a Spotify account? :runaway:

And somewhere in my 300+ CD collection, I do have "The Best of Neil Young" and am very familiar with his catalog. 

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
IIRC, I'm younger than you.  But am I the only person without a Spotify account? :runaway:

And somewhere in my 300+ CD collection, I do have "The Best of Neil Young" and am very familiar with his catalog.

I'm 65 and change. If I want to make music, I'll go upstairs and make my own. I've not ever been taken in by itunes and Spotify and whatever other kind of online systems there are anyway - but I made an exception this time just for Young's benefit.

That said, I've also never been beholden to Neil Young's screechy voice. Reminds me of cats fighting. On Spotify, I'll listen to Buddy Rich, Steven Mead, Maynard Ferguson, and E. Power Biggs. I'm not even overly fond of C, S, & N though I'll listen to Marshall Tucker if you hold a gun to my head.

Offline ADsOutburst

Mr. Young...

Offline Ralph Wiggum

And the Bee for the win:

Report: Strong Spike In Google Searches For 'Who Is Neil Young'

U.S.—For some unknown reason, several outlets are reporting a strong spike in internet searches for "Who is Neil Young?" With little information about this unknown character available, and with all memory of the man's existence having been erased from America's collective memory for decades, many are still being left guessing.

"Your guess is as good as mine," said one analyst. "I've never heard of the guy in my life. Suddenly his name started popping up in the news so I googled his name. Even Google couldn't tell me, which is weird. I even get results when I type in my Grandma's name. Neil Young must be some sort of hermit living off the grid."

According to sources, Neil Young's name entered the news cycle when he called up a music streaming company called "Spotify" and threatened to remove all his music unless they caved to his demands.

"We weren't really sure what the crazy guy was ranting about, but he seemed a little unhinged and dangerous," said Spotify CEO Bubbles McSteevy, "so we just asked our engineers to remove everything from our servers with the name 'Neil Young' on it—for the safety of our employees."

At publishing time it is still unclear who Neil Young is.

https://babylonbee.com/news/report-strong-spike-in-google-searches-for-who-is-neil-young

:rofl:

Offline 3rd-try

He looks dead.

I'm seeing more musicians joining in Neil's "quest". That's convenient as it will become my list of musicians to disregard. Nothing more disgusting than some celebrity in full righteous indignation mode.   

Offline freedumb2003b

You and hundreds of millions others.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
You can now add Joni Mitchell, another has-been.

This explains much.

"Mitchell also had a brain aneurysm in 2015, a decade after Young was treated for the same condition."

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/jan/29/joni-mitchell-joins-neil-young-in-demanding-spotify-remove-her-music
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 11:36:17 AM by Wineslob »
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
More Musicians Boycott Spotify in Support of Neil Young After Joe Rogan Bends the Knee
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2022/02/01/more-musicians-boycott-spotify-in-support-of-neil-young-after-joe-rogan-bends-the-knee/

The cancel mob is still baying for Joe Rogan’s head just days after the popular podcaster acquiesced to their demands by agreeing to a  “content advisory” warning label and more “balance” on his show.

Musicians Graham Nash, Nils Lofgren, and India Arie are the latest stars to boycott Spotify, following in the path of Neil Young who last week demanded his songs be pulled from the streaming service in what has become a media-fueled effort to censor and deplatform Rogan.

While Nash and Lofgren echoed their former bandmate, who has cited “disinformation” around Rogan’s coverage of the coronavirus, Arie took a different line of attack, saying she objects to Rogan’s “language around race” while also bringing up his $100 million deal with Spotify.

In a statement to Rolling Stone, Nash said he “completely agrees” with Young and “is requesting that my solo recordings be removed from the service.” Lofgren has posted a message to Young’s website in support of the boycott.

More "artists" are leaving Spotify. Never heard of them.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du