Author Topic: #6 - Omaha Steve  (Read 18660 times)

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
#6 - Omaha Steve
« on: January 11, 2016, 10:05:18 PM »
#6 OmahaSteve

One of OmahaSteve's biggest contributions to DU appears to be posting links to articles and never contributing to the conversation or posting threads that absolutely no one responds to. I won't bore everyone with links.

Sadly, OS has a dreaded form of dementia or something and will eventually be even more incoherent or no longer occupying space on this planet. And yet, he seems to get little love from his fellow comrades. Case in point: While wishing his fellow DU'ers Merry Christmans (the nerve!) he was waxing nostalgic over happier days when he played Santa and was invited on the local television news. For those who missed it (basically everyone), he posted a video of the exciting interview. http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027463226

Omaha Steve (59,522 posts)

Merry Christmas DU from Christmas past
This is from 1990, long before I had dementia.
I have another TV interview taken at the Crossroads Mall in the same time frame. if I can find it in time I'll post it too.
People would call the malls I worked at to make sure they came during my shift. When I stopped the 3 malls all got numerous complaints.
You will see I have worked with special children & abused animals for decades. 
To the friends I have lost on the DU, I hope some of you understand dementia has a lot to do with it.
To better times with warmest regards, 
Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.
Steve & Marta.

Only six replies one of which was this one by annabanana who was the first and second to reply back to him. It took an hour and a half for anyone to respond and then a mere five replies:

annabanana (48,281 posts)
2. a kick for a good guy. . . .n/t

Even a post discussing his illness got only 36 replies. He obviously isn't important enough to his fellow DUmmies for them to remember his impending doom so he's got to remind them. And to put a cherry on top of his suffering he makes sure to let them know he's been asked to participate in this group because he's such a wonderful, together guy who has so much to give before he succumbs to whatever!Tragic, really. http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026337880

Omaha Steve (59,494 posts)
I've been asked to join a real world group for newly diagnosed terminal patients, I've been there OS
I initially thought no, because it would be so hard to do over and over. This is more than a shoulder to cry on.
Then I listened to the reasons I was asked. I appear to be making the best of my time since I was diagnosed in late December 2013. That I can help others deal with the cards we've been dealt. That I can help.
I asked for time to think it over. I'm starting to lean towards at least trying it. It's once every couple weeks for an hour or two.
Any thoughts on this?
OS

And then there's this sad acknowledgement:

Omaha Steve (59,494 posts)
35. There is a drug going to trial
My damage is irreversible. Even I can see it on an MRI.
By the time this drug would be approved by the FDA, I'll be long gone.
OS

Still, he has had a few posts that garnered a lot of responses, one being this one where he goes to bat for a registered sex offender who seems to have a penchant for boys. http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027011754

DUer has nowhere to turn for help (SEX OFFENDER)
Last edited Mon Aug 10, 2015, 01:42 PM - Edit history (6)
Bob is a registered sex offender.
Can't work because of his health and is waiting on approval of SSDI. IF you want to help send a donation to his Paypal account @ rlewis58@frontier.com.
A misconception that PayPal will take a percentage (they won't, if the money isn't marked as being for goods or services
OS

And defends his advocacy by accusing a DUer of being from CC because he objected to supporting a pedophile. The poor sex offender is disabled and applying for SSDI but hasn't been put on the dole yet. No explanation as to his injuries. Hopefully it involves damage to his nuts.

133. Your patting troll like actions on the back is my point
Last edited Sun Aug 9, 2015, 01:32 PM - Edit history (1)
This is a total edit including the title.
The Cavers knew about Bob for months. I didn't know until a few hours after this OP was made. The DUer involved obviously knew and waited for the next time a help Bob post would come up.
Why not email Bob and let him know his secret was known and would become public if a request would be made for help? Why not email me in advance since I had helped Bob in the past?
No this was done in a way to get maximum attention.
I got flak for helping TTW. Then I was critical in April about some questions I had. I got flak for that. After confirming her ID, situation, and more with her permission I caught flak from other DUers for that too.
IF I was trying to hide Bob's past I would not have addressed it in the update in the OP as soon as I got home from a sporting event that afternoon.
Bob could have told me at anytime and didn't. Yes he should have. I'm sure he was afraid I'd act like many other people have in this thread, so he remained silent on it.
After the results of Bob and TTW in the last two weeks, it will be hard for another DUer to ask for help in the future. That is a shame. The DU has had a great record of helping long time DUers down on their luck.
If I haven't cleared the air enough, ask away in public.
OS

I have no idea why his comment about the outcome of the sporting event was important, or why others would click on it, but it's DU and many things don't make sense. Nevertheless, OS is benevolent enough to not give a flying rat's ass that the boys involved will carry the abuse with them for the rest of their lives, it's more important for a fellow DUer to not suffer the consequences of his actions. Plus, he's pretty sure Jesus would approve.

148. Hide the fact???
First thing people see when they click on this post:
Latest update: I just got home from a World Championship event held in Omaha: http://www.omaha.com/sports/u-s-team-finishes-strong-wins-sixth-world-grand-prix/article_b392bc5c-33c7-11e5-8c68-3f4efe573a38.html I came home to a lot of mail. Most of it about Bob. Most of it supportive.
Marta and I have never put strings on how our donations to charity are to be distributed. I never asked someone on the corner with a cardboard sign if they had a criminal record before deciding if they were worthy. You can usually tell they are hungry.
My dad loved The Salvation Army for the way it treated him when he was in the Army during WWII. I had given to The Salvation Army for years on end. Then I learned their record on the treatment of gays. Especially after the story about them not allowing same sex couples in homeless shelters. They never got another dime..
Bob is recovering. I won't hold his past against him. I don't think Jesus would either.
Most people would see a red flag in an update with the words Bob is recovering and read on. That update was a few hours after Bob's past was posted and has never changed. How is that hiding it?
OS
What a guy! Well, except he and Marta do appear to put strings on their donations since they no longer donate to the Salvation Army, despite the good work they do.

But where Steve-O really shines is his vast knowledge of unions and organized labor. Didn't help him win any elections but he gets to be one of DU's resident experts. His OP is one of his usual cut and paste jobs http://www.democraticunderground.com/1251651016:

About that AFT for Hillary thing... had been made long before it was announced in July.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/10/06/american-federation-teachers-union-spends-37m-on-politics/
Snip: Other expenditures suggest AFT’s decision to endorse Weingarten’s friend Hillary Clinton for president — a move that angered many AFT members — had been made long before it was announced in July.
AFT donated $250,000 to the Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation in February, $125,000 to Clinton Global Initiative in April and another $125,000 to Clinton Global Initiative in May. In December, AFT paid Clinton-allied opposition research group American Bridge 21st Century $100,000.
The American Bridge payment was reported as a political expense. The payments to the scandal-ridden Clinton family nonprofits were not.
Click for more from Watchdog.org: http://watchdog.org/240956/aft-union-politics-2015/

Uh, oh, he used a link from Fox News...not good. Now he has to justify his post.

33. Yet the numbers they quote are from the US Dept. of Labor
I must have really pissed off the invite only room of Hillary fans. Still can't handle the info on $ from AFT to Clinton charity that is correct from Watchdog.org?

13. All the financial report info is correct, even on Watchdog & Faux
The conclusion the AFT endorsement was made long ago then seems fair.
In GD-P: http://www.democraticunderground.com/1251651745

And then there's this challenge:
emulatorloo (26,477 posts)
41. When you are in a hole stop digging. Find better sources.

Leading to this response, which was self-deleted. One wonders why. He won the jury pool, referenced his illness and whined about being dissed when he was right. It's got all the earmarks of a perfect DU post. Thanks to CC, the OS goodness is preserved for posterity. http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=104689.0

Omaha Steve (56,157 posts)
IF you are going to alert on me on ANY union issue, remember who you are dealing with
IF there is anyone that knows unions on the DU, it is me
!
Hosts this is not a complaint about DU or the jury system. The results are at the bottom. It is hard to complain when you win 6-1!
Let me make it clear I have spent very little time in GD-P. I was upset yesterday with an OP that was later proven false by Thom Hartman. Had the poster at any time over the next 20 or so hours corrected the OP with the correct info, I would not have made the post in question this morning.
I knew when I made the OP from Faux News the reporting financial donation info was correct. I looked into it. The Faux piece was sent to me by a AFT local president that supports Bernie. Because of the donations, this conclusion seems fair: Other expenditures suggest AFT’s decision to endorse Weingarten’s friend Hillary Clinton for president — a move that angered many AFT members — had been made long before it was announced in July
I went to have my car worked (I made my only reply from there and I hate DUing on my phone) on and went to the store. I knew there would be some shenanigans while I was gone. When you have dementia, sometimes you just don't give a crap.
As far as the dates and donated amounts the proof is below. The scandal-ridden Clinton family nonprofits is out of line. I think most of you know that isn't me unless I'm really pissed about something.
http://www.theaftd.org/life-with-ftd/i-have-ftd Pick your battles. Not everyone will understand FTD or the effect it has on your life. Some people you think you can count on will disappoint you. Invest energy in those who listen and try to help.
But again had it not been for an unfair post yesterday that wasn't corrected, these two posts today wouldn't even exist. I will play fair. But everybody else needs to play fair too.
Somebody please post this in the Hillary group too.

My heart bleeds!
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: #6 - Omaha Steve
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 12:35:31 AM »
:clap: the big baloney.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 01:01:46 AM »
As always, well done!!
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 02:53:05 AM »
As always, well done!!

You know, my most contemptuous memory of the big guy wasn't from this last year, but rather from 2012, when he made his run for the Bellevue City Council.

He dallied around putting up a web-site for his campaign.....and then before anything else he put up a page for donations. 

"Hi, I'm Omaha Steve.  Send me money.  I'll get around sooner or later to tell you what I hope to do if elected, to give my platform and outline my priorities, but for right now, just send me money."

It was as if someone had walked into a store, and was approached by a salesclerk, "Hi, give me some money, and then I'll show you what's for sale here."

Geezuz.  Usually when one's asking others to buy something (or in this case, donate to something), one tells them what it's for first.

Not only stupid, but low-class and porcine, the big baloney.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 04:15:38 AM »
I asked the docs and they told me I was likely to die within the next 50 years.
Guess I am terminal too.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 06:15:51 AM »
:clap: the big baloney.

This presentation rates.....FIVE mini-taco's!!!

(as long as they are free)

Great read thank you
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 07:37:18 AM »
The 2012 run for office reminds me of the one time OS really had friends: The Friends of Steve Dawes. They showed up to help spread the truth about the big guy when he most needed help.

Whoever you are out there, Thank you! Truth is a rare commodity in politics, but you friends were there...Again, Thank you.  :cheersmate:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 07:46:42 AM »
The 2012 run for office reminds me of the one time OS really had friends: The Friends of Steve Dawes. They showed up to help spread the truth about the big guy when he most needed help.

Whoever you are out there, Thank you! Truth is a rare commodity in politics, but you friends were there...Again, Thank you.  :cheersmate:

I am truly surprised the Sarpy County (Nebraska) Democrats allowed the big baloney to use their label when running for office, he ran so lousily.

He wasn't going to win anyway, but that was no reason for him to make a mockery of his own political party, with all the stupid things he did that made both Nebraska Democrats and we Nebraskans in general look bad.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 10:15:39 AM »
I am truly surprised the Sarpy County (Nebraska) Democrats allowed the big baloney to use their label when running for office, he ran so lousily.

He wasn't going to win anyway, but that was no reason for him to make a mockery of his own political party, with all the stupid things he did that made both Nebraska Democrats and we Nebraskans in general look bad.

Didn't he come in dead last with something like 24 votes? Ran a hard fought campaign on a tax and spend platform?
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 12:51:24 PM »
Steve has no problem defending a registered sex offender. 

One wonders how much of an influence Steve's attendance to junior high women's sports games has had on his "preferences".

Offline jb2u11

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 03:04:52 PM »
This guy is a hoot.  I can't help but feel sorry for Marta though. 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2016, 03:22:54 PM »
I can't help but feel sorry for Marta though.

I dunno where some people get the idea we're a bunch of heartless bastards--and in this one-time special case I'm referring to the buzzy one, who's a better person than that--because sympathy for poor dear Marta's been pretty unanimous here, among we "heartless bastards."

It irks me to no end that the big baloney selfishly clings to life, demonstrating that he really doesn't care about the woman who supported him, sustained him, nourished him for more than forty years; he cares only about his big bloated porcine self.

Every day that he puts off terminalizing himself, is one less day that poor dear Marta's going to have, to make a better life for herself.  After all, each day that passes for the big baloney passes for her--and the rest of humanity--too; one day less of life any of us have left.

If he'd terminalized himself when he'd promised to, by now poor dear Marta would've gone through a decent interval of mourning, met some rich old guy, married him, and be living a life she deserves, of ease and comfort.

But no......the big baloney's denying her that chance.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2016, 03:43:31 PM »
You know, my most contemptuous memory of the big guy wasn't from this last year, but rather from 2012, when he made his run for the Bellevue City Council.

The city or the mental hospital?
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2016, 03:44:41 PM »
This guy is a hoot.  I can't help but feel sorry for Marta though.

Be careful or your "Heartless Bastard" Card will get yanked!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2016, 04:42:18 PM »
I had the Big Guy penciled in for a #4 finish this year.  I'm a little disappointed that he didn't manage to even break the top 5, but that seems to be the story of his life. 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2016, 04:56:56 PM »
I had the Big Guy penciled in for a #4 finish this year.  I'm a little disappointed that he didn't manage to even break the top 5, but that seems to be the story of his life.

Well, the big baloney hasn't done too badly over the years; there's lots of primitives who'd like to have been honored this much, and this highly:

2011 #03 Top DUmmie
2012 #05 Top DUmmie
2012 the "Steve," the Steven Dawes award
2013 #20 Top DUmmie
2014 #18 Top DUmmie
2015 #06 Top DUmmie
2015 the "Willie," the William Rivers Pitt award
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2016, 04:58:32 PM »
Well, the big baloney hasn't done too badly over the years; there's lots of primitives who'd like to have been honored this much, and this highly:

2011 #03 Top DUmmie
2012 #05 Top DUmmie
2013 #20 Top DUmmie
2014 #18 Top DUmmie
2015 #06 Top DUmmie

Look at that.  The Big Guy- always the bridesmaid, but never the bride. 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2016, 05:01:01 PM »

Yeah, but when he finally terminalizes and gets interviewed by St. Peter, he can at least say, "well, five consecutive years of awards....."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2016, 06:05:39 PM »

2011 #03 Top DUmmie
2012 #05 Top DUmmie
2013 #20 Top DUmmie
2014 #18 Top DUmmie
2015 #06 Top DUmmie

Wow.  That is an accomplishment. The Big Guy shouldn't get too down about not winning the big one... that is reserved for special dummies and he is nothing special, never has been... but like football teams that consistently win he has built a dynasty. A dynasty of stupidity. To be so consistently stupid to outshine a massive collection of stupidity is a feat in and of itself.

Congrats OS.  Now take a hint and off yourself while you are on a roll.

Congrats to Delilah for the excellent write up.   :cheersmate:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2016, 12:52:44 PM »
This presentation rates.....FIVE mini-taco's!!!

(as long as they are free)

Great read thank you

Agreed.
And we need one of our best Cave statisticians to get busy with a conversion factor from mini tacos to bongs.
Congrats to a well earned top 10 award to the Big Guy(who is dying)(but first is afflicted with dementia).
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2016, 01:06:37 PM »
with a conversion factor from mini tacos to bongs.

That's a tough one to make.  Use of the latter pretty much drives up use of the former. :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2016, 01:07:23 PM »
^Heh.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2016, 12:56:24 AM »
Why this song popped in my head..who knows??

https://youtu.be/Kn1CXbf2xF8
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2016, 01:51:27 AM »
Why this song popped in my head..who knows??

https://youtu.be/Kn1CXbf2xF8

H5 for Nick Lowe. One of the people always on my iPod.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams