Author Topic: Pedro Picasso recommends; Brooklynder primitive has computer woes  (Read 668 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3435007

This is a most peculiar bonfire.

lame54  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-12-08 07:54 AM
Original message

nothing has ever changed from bad to good in this country without somebody first saying this is bad

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/06/10/countdown-the-... /

Olbermann: “I’ve often argued here, that even if you don’t think the words aren’t lead to any actions, say the words anyway, simply to get them on the record for history and simply because, nothing has ever changed from bad to good in this country without somebody first saying, this is bad. Assess the importance of what Dennis Kucinich did last night.”

Turley: “You know, it is very important. The fact is, that this is not supposed to happen the way it’s happened in the last seven years. The framers, I think, would have been astonished by the absolute passivity, if not the collusion of the Democrats in protecting President Bush from impeachment. I mean, they created a system that was essentially idiot-proof, and God knows we’ve put that to the test in the past few years, but I don’t think they anticipated that so many members of the opposition would stand quietly in the face of clear presidential crimes.”

Hmmmm.

There's a quandary here the primitives don't see.

What happens when 50% of the country says something is "bad," and the other 50% say it's "good"?

What happens then?

Of course, the primitives have no idea.

Atman  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-12-08 07:56 AM
Response to Original message

1. Proud to offer the first rec. This should be pinned on the front page.

Perfect exchange!

lame54  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-12-08 08:12 AM
Response to Reply #1

2. click the site and watch the vid - it's great

BrklynLib at work  (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-12-08 08:15 AM

3. Saw the show. It was great. Turley is a great asset. He would be a great judge for SCOTUS

4. Self-delete. MY Puter is having seizures.

5. Self-delete

BrklynLib at work  (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-12-08 08:16 AM

6. Self-delete

BrklynLib at work  (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-12-08 08:16 AM

7. Self-delete

lame54  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-12-08 08:36 AM
Response to Reply #7

8. Thanks for the kicks

BrklynLib at work  (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-12-08 08:40 AM
Response to Reply #8

9. Anytime. Great post.

waiting for hope  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-12-08 09:05 AM

10. I'll Kick and Rec this -

Thanks!

Progressive_In_NC  (259 posts) Thu Jun-12-08 09:20 AM

11. This is where moral relativism kicks us all in the tail

We don't want morals in all things personal so as to justify our own actions. We want easy to navigate frameworks that make age old immoral activities moral again.

We want the Constitution to be a "living, breathing, document" that changes with the times and no concrete rules or strict rigid guidelines.

These things are all good, but then when we get into the whole debate on presidential behavior, we've created a framework for judgement, that is hard to measure, and makes us all uncomfortable.

Sometimes, following the constitution to the letter of the law is necessary and enforcing and punishing by it is necessary. This is one of those time.

Despite all its "kicks," this is the whole paltry bonfire.

Notice, please, that the primitives never get around to wondering about the quandary posed by franksolich.

It's too deep for them.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Pedro Picasso recommends; Brooklynder primitive has computer woes
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 03:35:10 PM »
Coach, they represent the will of the people!!!1111!!!!!!111
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.