Author Topic: Barry "Goldwater" Obama starting to disappoint the primitives  (Read 1397 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3424394

It's starting.

Just a little tiny flicker, but it's starting.

global1  (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-10-08 08:16 PM
Original message

I'm Very Disappointed That Obama Will Not Support Dennis Kucinch In ..... his impeach G.W.Bush resolution.

*Co is a criminal administration that shredded our constitution and they need to be held accountable. If our presumptive nominee won't do that - I find that questionable - and I've been an Obama supporter from the get-go.

What kind of message is this telegraphing to future administrations?

This is sad.

It probably telegraphs to future administrations that there's no danger of impeachment if one doesn't commit high crimes and misdemeanors.

barbtries  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-10-08 08:54 PM
Response to Reply #12

26. thank you

his words are less than uplifting:

What I would want to do is to have my Justice Department and my Attorney General immediately review the information that's already there and to find out are there inquiries that need to be pursued. I can't prejudge that because we don't have access to all the material right now. I think that you are right, if crimes have been committed, they should be investigated. You're also right that I would not want my first term consumed by what was perceived on the part of Republicans as a partisan witch hunt because I think we've got too many problems we've got to solve.

So this is an area where I would want to exercise judgment -- I would want to find out directly from my Attorney General -- having pursued, having looked at what's out there right now -- are there possibilities of genuine crimes as opposed to really bad policies. And I think it's important-- one of the things we've got to figure out in our political culture generally is distinguishing betyween really dumb policies and policies that rise to the level of criminal activity.

You know, I often get questions about impeachment at town hall meetings and I've said that is not something I think would be fruitful to pursue because I think that impeachment is something that should be reserved for exceptional circumstances. Now, if I found out that there were high officials who knowingly, consciously broke existing laws, engaged in coverups of those crimes with knowledge forefront, then I think a basic principle of our Constitution is nobody above the law -- and I think that's roughly how I would look at it.

really dumb policies? starting an unnecessary war of aggression based on lies? lying to congress and the american people, repeatedly? outing a cia agent? politicizing the department of justice, and every other department possible? letting thousands of people go without aid, drowning hungry thirsty, in filth, following katrina? spying on americans without a warrant?

nah. this statement does not cut it. i want to know justice is coming for the bushies, and i don't see it here.

and face it: it doesn't matter how pristine and careful the investigations may be, how thorough, how assiduously attentive to the law as opposed to the politics: the republicans will call it a partisan witch hunt. they'll be wrong as they are wrong about approximately every goddam thing, but that won't stop them from saying it. that is the worst ****ing reason not to pursue justice i've heard yet. if obama made a republican his vice president and filled his cabinets with republicans, the republicans would still find a way to call him a partisan hack, and they're full of shit, so **** that noise.

i could go on - but, i have high blood pressure and need to relax, and after all obama is all i want for president now. but thanks for the link.

Finnfan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-10-08 08:19 PM
Response to Original message

3. I agree, although I still will support Obama.

I think he is making a political mistake; he underestimates the support for impeachment and the boost he would get by fighting for this.

Peake  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-10-08 08:23 PM

6. Obama is too close to Pelosi-ish avoidance of the real problem to be likable, in my book.   

If you're not going to do something about $4.50+ gallon regular gasoline, what ARE you going to do, and WHEN?

I'll vote Democratic but will first support those who will actually solve the actual problems we are facing.

LWolf  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-10-08 08:24 PM

7. I don't know why you'd be surprised.

I've never seen anything to indicate to me that Obama was the kind of man to take a stand on any principle.

JDPriestly  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jun-11-08 03:57 AM
Response to Reply #50

73. Most of us will vote for Obama no matter what, but if he wants to keep all those new, young voters who have been supporting him, he had better show some integrity and courage. They want a president who will lead on the moral battlefield, who will not tolerate lies or secrecy, neither in his own administration nor in the administration he follows.

Obama is now taking the helm of our party and perhaps of the nation. He had better decide right now whether he is going to veer our ship toward the vast sea of honest government or toward the rocks and shallowa of corruption and lies.

Democrats don't want corruption and lies. We don't want cover-ups of corruption of lies. That is the first lesson Obama needs to prove that he understands. He will not be the next president if he cannot show himself to be more courageous and more honest with the American people than McCain.

Obama is up against a man who presents himself as a war hero and a man of courage. Thus far Obama has talked about change but he has not proved himself to be the kind of hero or man of courage who can bring about change. So far, he has only shown that he is a great speaker. Impeachment is his opportunity to show that he really has the moral courage to change D.C., and that his moral courage surpasses McCain'a posture of military courage. This will be a pivotal issue that could decide the outcome of the 2008 presidential election.

Bush was a weak man, a liar. He was a draft dodger who, as president, dodged every opportunity to act with integrity. Obama has to address the crimes of Bush during the election campaign if he wants to prove that he has the ability to change Washington should he be elected. If Obama cannot even risk backing the impeachment of a known criminal, how can he change Washington? Perhaps he has an answer. If so, he needs to provide it to the American people and to those of us that he relies on to vote for him.

barbtries  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-10-08 08:29 PM

9. i totally agree   

they marginalized and pushed kucinich out of the race early and none of the remaining candidates would stand up for what is so obviously the right thing to do. i would like to think that obama's holding those cards for when he's in the white house and can pursue criminal charges etcetera, but every additional minute the bushies get to stay in power is that much more wealth, people, and democracy we lose. and i just don't get it! the republicans impeached clinton for NOTHING compared to the items that gw would be impeached for. they considered it politically expedient to do so. WHY WHY WHY don't the democrats wake up and understand that their allowing this travesty of an administration to maintain power is complicity via inaction and that the issues are too ****ing large to play nice about??? aaarrrgh

Olney Blue  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-10-08 08:44 PM

15. It would be political suicide in the GE for Obama to support this.

Finnfan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-10-08 08:49 PM
Response to Reply #15

20. Wrong.

Obama underestimates the support for impeachment. With the economy as bad as it is, BO would win in a landslide if he supported impeachment.

onenote  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jun-11-08 12:10 PM
Response to Reply #20

90. show some evidence that there is significant public support for impeachment

We just completed six months of primary debate -- over a half dozen candidates, hundreds upon hundreds of opportunities to speak out about impeachment -- speeches, debates, op-eds, interviews -- and yet only one candidate raised the issue and he was out of the race quickly without ever drawing any meaningful level of support.

Impeachment is a very low priority for the public, even those members of the public that think impeachment would be appropriate. THe public is facing gas prices of $4.00, heading to $5. Food prices increasing, layoffs, a health care crisis. A war that should never have been started and that we need to get out of. THose were the issues that the voters wanted to hear about.

And if after six months of discussing those issues, a candidate for office -- whether it be for president, the house or the Senate -- decided that the top priority for the remaining few weeks of this congress was impeachment -- and it is only a few weeks when you factor in the July 4 recess, the August recess, and the planned adjournment in September -- would be acting very foolishly.

dana_b  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-10-08 09:20 PM
Response to Reply #15

38. yeah? well it's going to be some kind of "cide" if these ****ing politicians don't get behind it soon! While they sit with their thumbs in their collective behinds, this administration is preparing for war with Iran. If they'd impeached two years ago, or even last year, this probably wouldn't even be an issue. To hell with their political careers- this is bigger than them.

I'm sorry, I like Obama, but this is too big to be dismissed.

mdmc  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jun-11-08 04:42 PM

95. Warning - sharp learning curve ahead   

He is gonna break our liberal hearts, he is.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Barry "Goldwater" Obama starting to disappoint the primitives
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 04:19:47 PM »
Quote from:
mdmc

He is gonna break our liberal hearts, he is.

Occasionally one of them accidently swerves into acknowledging just how irrelevant they are.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 04:46:21 PM »
"What I would want to do is to have my Justice Department and my Attorney General immediately review the information that's already there and to find out are there inquiries that need to be pursued".

Obama Lama Ding Dong just telegraphed his intentions right there. When he gets in He will start the War Crimes Tribunal thus bringing fame and adulation upon himself.
And besides, he has to know Kookcinitch only makes his party look even DUmber.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 05:01:01 PM »
Barry's saying that he isn't going to do a thing about "impeachment"--because it would yield a landslide of Reagan-esque proportions for John McCain, instead of a rather close election.

Some of the smarter DUmb****s (an oxymoron, I know) realize this.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 05:15:25 PM »
mdmc

He is gonna break our Maoist hearts, he is.

FIXORD!!!!
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 06:37:27 PM »
*Co is a criminal administration that shredded our constitution

Can someone please tell me exactly what got shredded?

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 08:53:52 PM »
JDPriestly  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jun-11-08 03:57 AM
Response to Reply #50

73. Most of us will vote for Obama no matter what, but if he wants to keep all those new, young voters who have been supporting him, he had better show some integrity and courage. They want a president who will lead on the moral battlefield, who will not tolerate lies or secrecy, neither in his own administration nor in the administration he follows.....

Then you already have a problem with Obama as he has proved. :rotf:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 08:54:59 PM »
Can someone please tell me exactly what got shredded?

The American Nana primitive, "NanceGreggs," apparently knows, but she's not telling.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 09:36:21 PM »
Primitives have no inherent ability to love and in fact what/who they "love" is only defined by what/who they hate so in order to appear to "love" one object, they need an object to project all their hate onto.  The "love" object is only loved by the absence of hate which is all projected onto the hate object.

If Obama did win the Presidency the hate object would disappear and all that unconscious hate would be projected on the Obama Evil Empire unless Obama could produce a suitable hate object like Bill Clinton lucked into with the 1994 Republican Revolution.

This is why it is so often that primitives end up in prolonged love affairs with losers.  The love object lost to the hate object causing even more unconscious anger and hatred to be projected onto the hate object and the love object takes on an almost etheric/Heavenly sheen in the primitive mind eye.

The practical application of this is, if you want a DUmmie to "love" you, introduce a hate object first and then present yourself as the savior from the hate object and then build up the hate object and lose to it often.  You'll be rolling the the DUmmie dough.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 09:49:38 PM »
Primitives have no inherent ability to love and in fact what/who they "love" is only defined by what/who they hate so in order to appear to "love" one object, they need an object to project all their hate onto.  The "love" object is only loved by the absence of hate which is all projected onto the hate object.

If Obama did win the Presidency the hate object would disappear and all that unconscious hate would be projected on the Obama Evil Empire unless Obama could produce a suitable hate object like Bill Clinton lucked into with the 1994 Republican Revolution.

This is why it is so often that primitives end up in prolonged love affairs with losers.  The love object lost to the hate object causing even more unconscious anger and hatred to be projected onto the hate object and the love object takes on an almost etheric/Heavenly sheen in the primitive mind eye.

The practical application of this is, if you want a DUmmie to "love" you, introduce a hate object first and then present yourself as the savior from the hate object and then build up the hate object and lose to it often.  You'll be rolling the the DUmmie dough.

Wow.

That is great.

That is impressive.

I salute you, sir!
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 10:41:52 PM »

Wow.

That is great.

That is impressive.

I salute you, sir!
Thank you sir, I am humbled.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 05:24:52 AM »

Wow.

That is great.

That is impressive.

I salute you, sir!

Ditto!  H5, Duke!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 07:32:44 AM »
Finnfan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-10-08 08:49 PM
Response to Reply #15

20. Wrong.

Obama underestimates the support for impeachment. With the economy as bad as it is, BO would win in a landslide if he supported impeachment.

What is it with the morons that they can't see that our economy started sliding when the Dems took over Congress?

NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site