Author Topic: Bill Press going off on Obama's birth certificate this morning...  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Servonaut

• In Memoriam
  • "Memento Mori"
I saw the thread in Election 2008 about Obama's citizenship issue and
wondered if the DUmp was aware of it, sure enough

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3427163

Windy (1000+ posts)     Wed Jun-11-08 08:23 AM
Original message
Bill Press going off on Obama's birth certificate this morning...
What is with this guy Press.... This is a non-issue. Obama is an american citizen. He has a passport and had to prove that he was a natural born citizen before running for president.

I don't get this idiot. I thought he was a dem? He was referring listeners to some article about the non-issue and gave a web address...

Why is he stoking the fire of the right wing. I've had it with him. I have to find another person to listen to in the am on my way to work!

ocelot  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jun-11-08 08:26 AM
Response to Original message
1. He turned out to be
 kind of a douche. I used to listen to AAR on XM radio on the way to work but now their morning lineup is Bill Press and Lionel, both of whom pretty much suck. So now it's XM-NPR's Bob Edwards show for me.

But really, why is Bill Press such a douche?

vpilot  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jun-11-08 10:36 AM
Response to Reply #1
44. He is a Hillbot of the first order,
 so its not surprising that he would be talking about crap like this. I usually catch about the last half hour of his program but if he keeps doing that I might just skip him and wait for Stephanie Miller.

MonkeyFunk  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jun-11-08 08:28 AM
Response to Original message
3. I think this whole thing is silly
 but having a passport is not proof that you're a natural born citizen.

And to whom did he have to "prove" he was a natural born citizen before running?

Honestly, I don't know why he just doesn't release it and stop all this speculation.

Cassandra  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jun-11-08 08:30 AM
Response to Reply #3
6. Still hoping?

MonkeyFunk  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jun-11-08 08:36 AM
Response to Reply #6
8. for what?

Cassandra  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jun-11-08 10:29 AM
Response to Reply #8
43. For something to derail Obama's candidacy...
 and leave Hillary the last one standing?

polmaven  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jun-11-08 10:43 AM
Response to Reply #43
45. Maybe what is being hoped
 is that we will be able to get down to the important issues that face this country.

I wish Senator Obama would release his birth certificate to. Wave it in the face of the Michelle Malkins, Ann Coulters, Billos etc. in this country, and say...

"There ya go...any other questions MORANS? Now, Americans are hurting and hungry and homeless. Americans and innocent Iraqis are dying in order to prove Bush's and McCain's manliness. Let's get to the REAL issues in this campaign". 

MonkeyFunk  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jun-11-08 01:45 PM
Response to Reply #64
73. That's just dumb
 good lord, if it were anybody else you guys would be screaming "What's he hiding?!?!"

Just release and get over it. Why allow it to become an issue of speculation? Frankly, I don't understand the objection to releasing it. It doesn't contain any private info. 

Bornaginhooligan (1000+ posts)      Wed Jun-11-08 01:48 PM
Response to Reply #73
74. Um, no.
 This is just a silly, stupid, racist attack against Obama, and a laugh riot watching people trying to make an issue out of it.

:whatever:

« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 02:50:46 PM by Servonaut »

Offline jukin

Re: Bill Press going off on Obama's birth certificate this morning...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 01:47:05 PM »
Without hate and hypocrisy what would a DUmbass have?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 02:02:27 PM »
They'd all be sitting around talking to ghost chickens and garden fairies all day.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 02:09:03 PM »

A life?
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 03:10:46 PM »

Cheetos, 'shrooms, and pot?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 03:34:19 PM »
Oh my.

Oh oh my.

I don't know if anybody else detected the undercurrents here, but despite the edict passed down by my fellow alum Skins, it appears the Obamaite primitives and the supporters of the worthier Democrat candidate haven't smoked the peace-pipe yet.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 03:43:33 PM »
Skins will have to use the Extra Strength Throazine in the DUmmie chow I'm afraid.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline djones520

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 07:24:23 PM »
polmaven  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jun-11-08 10:43 AM
Response to Reply #43
45. Maybe what is being hoped
 is that we will be able to get down to the important issues that face this country.

I wish Senator Obama would release his birth certificate to. Wave it in the face of the Michelle Malkins, Ann Coulters, Billos etc. in this country, and say...

"There ya go...any other questions MORANS? Now, Americans are hurting and hungry and homeless. Americans and innocent Iraqis are dying in order to prove Bush's and McCain's manliness. Let's get to the REAL issues in this campaign". 

I like that response.  The same thing with John Kerry.  If he had nothing to hide, why didn't he just release the records and end the controversy that was quickly sinking his campaign?

This isn't as big an issue, but if it's something thats going to hurt you, and you've got the documentation to just shut it down, then do it.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."