Author Topic: White trash racists are going to hinder Obama.  (Read 2809 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
White trash racists are going to hinder Obama.
« on: June 09, 2008, 10:35:31 AM »
KillCapitalism  (617 posts)     Mon Jun-09-08 04:52 AM
Original message
White trash racists are going to hinder Obama.
 Advertisements [?]Wow, looks like we really haven't come too far since the Civil Rights movement. I've bolded the more racist and ignorant quotes. These bastards will vote for McBush I'm sure.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080609/ap_on_el_pr/obama_r...

Racial attitudes pose challenge for Obama

By CHARLES BABINGTON, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 36 minutes ago

Joyce Susick is the type of voter who might carry Barack Obama to the White House — or keep him out. A registered Democrat in a highly competitive state, she is eager to replace George W. Bush, whom she ranks among the worst presidents ever.

There's just one problem.

"I don't think our country is ready for a black president," Susick, who is white, said in an interview in the paint store where she works. "A black man is never going to win Pennsylvania."

Susick said her personal objection to Obama is his inexperience, not his color. "It has nothing to do with race," she said.

If Susick is right about Pennsylvania voters, it presents a major hurdle for the presumed Democratic nominee. Democrats have carried Pennsylvania in the last four presidential contests, and Obama would have to offset a loss of its 21 electoral votes by taking Republican-leaning states from John McCain.

Polls suggest that Susick, a grandmother of three, does not represent most registered Democrats here or elsewhere. But there may be enough like-minded voters in Pennsylvania, whose last two presidential elections have been close, to tip it to McCain.

In the April 22 primary, Susick voted for Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, who carried Pennsylvania by 10 percentage points. Perhaps more troubling for Obama, one in four Clinton's backers told exit pollsters they would vote for McCain if Obama were the nominee; an additional 17 percent said they would not vote at all.

Obama has time and money to court these voters. Polls indicate some can be swayed. But the first-term senator is wading into unknown waters. Political scientists have reams of data about past elections, but there has been no test of how many voters make their ultimate decision based on race.

The answer may determine the presidency. Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan and Florida, with large numbers of white, working-class voters, could prove problematic for a black man even in a year that otherwise looks grim for GOP candidates.

Gauging voter sentiments about race is notoriously difficult. Many voters hide their feelings from pollsters and it is possible that some do not even realize race's influence on their behavior.

In interviews with 40 Pennsylvanians across three counties that Clinton won by big margins, only one person indicated opposition to Obama simply because of his race. But several others said their neighbors might do so. Some offered objections that are familiar, and suspicious, to Obama's aides and supporters.

A few, like Susick, suggested the nation needs more time to prepare for a black president — and perhaps a woman as well.

"I don't think we're ready for either one yet," said Doug Richardson, 62, a contractor from Latrobe. Obama "just hasn't impressed me," he said over midmorning coffee with a friend at Denny's. "His middle name bothers me a lot." That name is Hussein.

Obama may have little to lose with voters such as Richardson, a self-described conservative who likes McCain. More worrisome are longtime Democrats who backed Clinton in April but are threatening to abandon the party now that she is not the nominee.

Rose Iezzi, who lunched recently with two friends at a Greensburg cafe, is one. All three women are middle-aged, work for an accountant and admire Clinton. But only Iezzi took a hard stand against Obama.

"I think he's a snake oil salesman," she said. "He's a little too slick and smooth."

"He just doesn't appeal to me, and not because of race, definitely," she said in an interview in which race had not been mentioned.

Such comments are all too familiar to Richard Akers, who phoned dozens of prospective Pennsylvania voters as an Obama campaign volunteer in April. Democrats often explained their opposition to Obama with "excuses that were not rational or valid, as I saw it," said the retired bank director from Johnstown, another hotbed of Clinton support.

"To me, it was almost a code," Akers said. "'He doesn't wear a flag pin.' It seemed like code for 'He's not one of us.'"

In Pennsylvania, as elsewhere, some people hardly hide their prejudices.

Robert Miller, 72, who lives in a government subsidized room in Bedford, said the Constitution should be amended so it will "not let any colored people run for the White House." He seemed unsure about his voting record in recent elections, but vividly recalled voting for Dwight Eisenhower in 1956.

Dixie Pebley of Johnstown, 71, explained her distaste for Obama, saying, "black doesn't bother me, but Muslim does." When reminded that Obama is a Christian, she conceded the point, but added: "He was born Muslim and raised Muslim, that's enough for me. He just scares me to death."

Obama, the son of a white mother from Kansas and black father from Kenya, was born and raised in a mostly secular family that occasionally attended Christian services. He joined the United Church of Christ as a young adult.

Obama has little to fear from Pebley, who said she no longer votes because she is disillusioned with politicians. But even some likely voters who are largely sympathetic to him are troubled by his ties, now broken, to a former pastor who cursed the United States and accused the government of possible conspiracies against blacks.

Kate Tanning, a Pittsburgh antiques dealer who was lunching with friends in Bedford, rejected Obama's claim that he did not know of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright's most bombastic statements even though Obama attended Wright's Chicago church for 20 years.

"That's the one thing about him I can't believe," she said.

Obama generally avoids direct racial appeals, and he is likely to pursue such voters with familiar arguments: His opposition to the Iraq war and appeals for national unity and bipartisanship, for example. He may be making progress. National polls show him leading McCain among female voters and running even among Catholics, two groups that generally backed Clinton in the Democratic primaries.

But national polls are less important than those in the roughly 15 highly competitive states in which both parties will focus their efforts. These are all big states full of white, working-class voters who were Clinton's base, and include Michigan, Pennsylvania and Ohio.

Obama will count on voters such as Iezzi's lunchmates, Susan Szymanski and Roxane Uhrin. Both said they strongly preferred Clinton, but will vote for Obama this fall in hopes of changing policies on the economy and Iraq.

"I don't want a third term of George Bush," Szymanski said.

James Antoniono, a Greensburg lawyer and veteran Democratic activist who worked for Clinton, said many Clinton backers will support Obama this fall, including some who told exit pollsters they would not.

"It's one thing to come out of the voting both and say that," Antoniono said. "It's another thing when you're faced with a choice in the general election."

Still, he said, Obama and his aides face tough battles. "There's no way they win Ohio, in my mind," he said in his law office, which faces Westmoreland County's elegant old courthouse. "I think Pennsylvania is winnable," he said. But he predicted Obama will "lose Westmoreland big," even though registered Democrats far outnumber Republicans in the county, which is east of Pittsburgh.

At least one Obama fan thinks the impact of racial prejudice may be limited.

Rick Weimer, a retired Coca-Cola truck driver who was eating a Chinese dish at a mall food court in Johnstown, said analysts are "pretty accurate" in describing Pennsylvania as Philadelphia in the east, Pittsburgh in the west "and Alabama in between." Obama's race "will hurt him" in many places, said Weimer, who follows the campaign intensely on cable TV. "But when push comes to shove, people around here want change."

That might include some white Democrats who publicly criticize Obama just to fit in with their neighbors, he said. "Once they go into the voting booth," he said, "who knows?"

bluestateguy (1000+ posts)       Mon Jun-09-08 04:57 AM
Response to Original message
1. These people should be stripped of their voting rights
 Anybody with racist views should be barred from voting and turned into a second-class citizen.

Only certain people should be qualified to vote. 
The turmoil continues
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 11:06:00 AM by bijou »

Offline MPCOA

• Just Off Probation
Re: White trash racists are going to hinder Obama.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 11:03:01 AM »
Pretty sure the white guilt racist vote will outweigh them.
Don't suffer from PTSD, go out and cause it

Embrace the Hate

"Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return." Gen. Colin Powell

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 11:11:07 AM »
Anybody with racist views should be barred from voting and turned into a second-class citizen.
You DUmmies giving up your voting rights?   :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 11:12:32 AM »
But, Pennsyvania is in the "enlightened" north.  I thought all the white trash racists were down here.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 12:52:21 PM »

They should, maybe we wouldn't be in so deep.

treestar  (1000+ posts)       Mon Jun-09-08 08:03 AM
Response to Reply #10
38. Exactly. Overt racists are repukes anyway. (snip)

Revisionist history.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 12:55:12 PM »

They should, maybe we wouldn't be in so deep.

Response to Reply #10

Revisionist history.

It's the covert racists running the DNC that they should worry about.  The number of overt racists throughout our general population is quite small.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 12:59:02 PM »
Response to Reply #10

Guess this 'turd never read 'Sheets' Byrd's bio.

Or Bull Conner.  Or Al Gore Sr.

Aw ****.  Why confuse 'em with the truth now?...

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 01:07:06 PM »
 Why didn't this story come out last week?   :whatever:
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 01:10:01 PM »
Why didn't this story come out last week?   :whatever:

Because the white trash racists were sittin' on it?

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 01:18:43 PM »
You know, this might decide whether Barry "Goldwater" Obama carries 10 states in November, or just one state (Vermont, of course).  The Democrats, liberals, and primitives, if they do too much of this sort of thing, will overplay their hand.

If they keep hammering the message that the non-Obamaites are "racists," they're going to give a lot of people pause.  Decent civilized people bristle at the notion of them being "racist," when many decent civilized people find 10,987,456 or so other good reasons to not vote for Barry "Goldwater" Obama.

In fact, if I were an Obamaite campaign strategist, I'd advise that race be kept out of the presidential campaign entirely, because it can backfire big.

But of course with primitives running amok on the internet, they would muck up the works.

It doesn't look good for Barry "Goldwater" Obama, and this is one of the reasons why.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 02:07:15 PM »
Primitives tend to forget the most basic of things in their attempt to impress themselves and others by trying to sound intelligent.  Let's say B. Hussein Osama does win the WH.  There's more to it than just winning, you have to be able to lead, and in order to lead you have to have people willing to follow.  I pretty sure regardless of his margin of victory (should he win) that he's going to have a hard time getting people to follow him, at least the very people he's going to need, the type of pro-capitalist people who make the country what it is, people like the conservatives on this board.  He'll have the full support of the leeches of society, and he'll have the support of the eggheads who produce nothing but propaghanda for their failed ideas, but not the people that he'll need.  Primitives tend to forget these things.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 02:36:35 PM »

Crap. The irony machine broke again.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline jukin

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 03:19:05 PM »

es, I'm constantly amazed at how the lowest common denominators think they should be running everything.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 03:32:57 PM »

es, I'm constantly amazed at how the lowest common denominators think they should be running everything.

Especially when the lowest common denominator is almost universally demonstrably incapable of competently managing their own lives/affairs.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 04:37:44 PM »

I wonder if they would include Rev. Wright and Pfleger in their vote stripping?

Offline SemiSpook

• Contractor Puke
  • Probationary (Probie)
  • Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There a
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 06:30:49 PM »
The funny part about this whole thing is that I'm originally from that area they talked about in the article. And sadly, people still feel that way. They have since the New Deal. My grandfather voted a straight D ticket every time, even though we all knew that was a bad idea.

I partially agree with the call to prevent these people from voting, but only because, like the OPs, they're all stupid and have no clue on how the electorate really works.

I move for a mandatory civics examination to certify all voters. Who's with me? You know we'd all pass that, right?
I would beg to differ with the notion that the current administration is *NOT* the most transparent in history. It certainly is...because you can see right through them.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 06:47:59 PM »
DUmmies confuse "racist" with "realist" on purpose.  I am a realist.  I object to certain people based on what is in their brains.  B. Hussein Obama's brain is wrapped in dark skin.  Skin doesn't think and act, so skin type/color does not matter to us realists.  I don't like anti-American Marxists regardless of their wrapping.  B. Hussein Obama is an anti-American Marxist.  I don't like him. 

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 07:00:14 PM »

Like people who actually pay taxes or retired after a life time of paying taxes maybe?
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 07:01:22 PM »

Like people who actually pay taxes or retired after a life time of paying taxes maybe?

People with a valid photo ID?  :uhsure:

Offline SemiSpook

• Contractor Puke
  • Probationary (Probie)
  • Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There a
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 07:21:15 PM »
DUmmies confuse "racist" with "realist" on purpose.  I am a realist.  I object to certain people based on what is in their brains.  B. Hussein Obama's brain is wrapped in dark skin.  Skin doesn't think and act, so skin type/color does not matter to us realists.  I don't like anti-American Marxists regardless of their wrapping.  B. Hussein Obama is an anti-American Marxist.  I don't like him. 

El Rushbo had a good point the other day, and backed it up accordingly. The point was that 45 years after MLK's "I Have a Dream" speech, where he envisioned that "one day, my four little children will not be judged according to the color of their skin but the content of their character," the DUmmies are more concerned with the color of BHO's skin and less with the content of his character.

Oh, wait, he has none. My bad.
I would beg to differ with the notion that the current administration is *NOT* the most transparent in history. It certainly is...because you can see right through them.

Offline stickyboot

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 12:51:20 AM »
Primitives tend to forget the most basic of things in their attempt to impress themselves and others by trying to sound intelligent.  Let's say B. Hussein Osama does win the WH.  There's more to it than just winning, you have to be able to lead, and in order to lead you have to have people willing to follow.  I pretty sure regardless of his margin of victory (should he win) that he's going to have a hard time getting people to follow him, at least the very people he's going to need, the type of pro-capitalist people who make the country what it is, people like the conservatives on this board.  He'll have the full support of the leeches of society, and he'll have the support of the eggheads who produce nothing but propaghanda for their failed ideas, but not the people that he'll need.  Primitives tend to forget these things.

I would look forward to four years worth of dashed hopes and empty promises. It's gonna be a short honeymoon and early, bitter divorce when the sense of betrayal begins solidifying. Carter all over again.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 03:10:41 AM »
Obamiacs are helping the messiah work on his Y'all are just a bunch of Racists Concession speech.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 08:49:48 PM »
Obama is an East African Black from Kenya. Black Americans are from West Africa, which are two different worlds. Cultures are different.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Chris_

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2008, 09:10:24 PM »

El Rushbo had a good point the other day, and backed it up accordingly. The point was that 45 years after MLK's "I Have a Dream" speech, where he envisioned that "one day, my four little children will not be judged according to the color of their skin but the content of their character," the DUmmies are more concerned with the color of BHO's skin and less with the content of his character.

Oh, wait, he has none. My bad.

Take away his blackeosety and hussein's qualifications for POTUS are:

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2008, 09:40:19 PM »
Oh, the horrors of racist white democrats who will vote for McCain but no mention of black racist like the dummies candidate and his wife, his minister, his association with Louis F. and his crooked financial backer. Pot calling the kettle black.