Author Topic: Why can't I stop screwing with the heads of evangelicals? Printer-friendly forma  (Read 1650 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3408290

liberalitch (1000+ posts)         Sun Jun-08-08 08:56 PM
Original message
Why can't I stop screwing with the heads of evangelicals?
   Advertisements [?]

I suppose at this point I should be showing.... I don't know, what should I be showing?

I told one of my mom's neighbors that I wanted her to text me when the rapture happens because I'll come over and feed the dog. I love my 80 year old mom because she told me right then and there that their dog wasn't saved.

aquart (1000+ posts)        Sun Jun-08-08 08:59 PM
Response to Original message
1. Because it's fun.
   Try telling a divinity student that all of Christian civilization came from a woman with her ass in the air. (Boaz first saw Ruth while she was gleaning. Posture of gleaning?)

FreakinDJ (1000+ posts)        Sun Jun-08-08 08:59 PM
2. Because it is God's work my son

NEDem  (1000+ posts)         Sun Jun-08-08 08:59 PM
3. My wife asked me why I get such a kick out of messing with them
   I told her is was just so easy, I feel like I have an obligation to do it.

ColbertWatcher  (1000+ posts)         Sun Jun-08-08 09:01 PM
5. Because you love your country...
   ...and you're a good American.

TechBear_Seattle  (1000+ posts)         Sun Jun-08-08 09:02 PM
6. Because everyone needs a hobby.
   And as far as hobbies go, screwing with the heads of evangelicals is not a bad choice.

Is their any question about the inner evil and why they look the other way with the muzzies. :censored:

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Is their any question about the inner evil and why they look the other way with the muzzies. :censored:

Is it any wonder that they foolishly believe themselves to represent the average American when they continually look down their nose at them?  Of course, they look down their nose at them not realizing that they are the one's hanging upside down and they're really looking up at those who are better than they.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Schadenfreude

For their sake, they better hope there is no God.

Once again, the DU Adbot gave the most provocative post in that thread.
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
They think these are clever remarks and responses?

These don't even get to the grade school level.  Anyone with the tiniest bit of ecunemical knowledge could sweep and mop the deck with these ignoramusi.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
liberalitch (1000+ posts)         Sun Jun-08-08 08:56 PM
Original message

I suppose at this point I should be showing.... I don't know, what should I be showing?

I told one of my mom's neighbors that I wanted her to text me when the rapture happens because I'll come over and feed the dog. I love my 80 year old mom because she told me right then and there that their dog wasn't saved.

HowTF is she going to text you if she's been raptured? Retard...
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Schadenfreude

Original message

In Heaven, everything is possible.  And I seriously mean no disrespect by that. ;)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 09:00:45 PM by Schadenfreude »
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Original message

In Heaven, everything is possible.  And I seriously mean no disrespect by that.

I'm sure she'll be worried about what this "libitch" dickhead is doing when she's in heaven.  ::)
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline terry

They think these are clever remarks and responses?

These don't even get to the grade school level.  Anyone with the tiniest bit of ecunemical knowledge could sweep and mop the deck with these ignoramusi.

What's funny is that most people of faith probably give these folks a look of pity and walk away.   The ignoramus takes that silence and look of pity as some kind of WIN!

Offline Schadenfreude

Original message

In Heaven, everything is possible.  And I seriously mean no disrespect by that.

I'm sure she'll be worried about what this "libitch" ****head is doing when she's in heaven.  ::)

My post was poorly phrased, I tried to clean it up, but you were too quick to reply to it.  :-)

What I meant is that her beloved texting has no meaning or purpose in heaven.

Offline jinxmchue

Threads you will NEVER see (at least for very long) on the DUmp:

"Why can't I stop screwing with the heads of Muslims?"

"Why can't I stop screwing with the heads of atheists?"

"Why can't I stop screwing with the heads of New Age-ists?"

Etc.

Offline Vagabond

aquart (1000+ posts)        Sun Jun-08-08 08:59 PM
1. Because it's fun.
   Try telling a divinity student that all of Christian civilization came from a woman with her ass in the air. (Boaz first saw Ruth while she was gleaning. Posture of gleaning?)

Try again four pint.

The primitives completely miss the message of Ruth.  It's one of my favorite bible stories, in fact.  Ruth was poor and in a strange land.  Her only family was her mother in law, who wasn't able to help.  What the primitives should notice is that Ruth doesn't sit on her tail waiting on help to come her, or in the street begging, nor does she lament that God or the government isn't helping her.

Instead, Ruth takes advantage of the law, and goes down to the farmers field to collect wheat that the workers have dropped.  According to Jewish law of the time, wheat that fell to the ground was to be left for the poor, that led to her being noticed by her mother in laws family who took her to his house.  Further one can imagine that constantly leaning over with "her ass in the air" would have been uncomfortable according to our understanding of ergonomics.  She likely bent her legs to collect the loose wheat.  But I digress....

If the basis of Christian civilization is a poor woman collecting wheat in a field, then liberal theology is based on someone who should have "their ass in the air" instead having it firmly planted, waiting for another to come help them.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline RobJohnson

Original message

If his mom ends up in the rapture, who will pay for his minutes?  :tongue:

Offline jukin

Short answer?  Because you are a childish asshole.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.