Author Topic: The thinnest stretchy ever  (Read 1851 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
The thinnest stretchy ever
« on: June 08, 2008, 12:24:28 PM »
samplegirl  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jun-08-08 10:34 AM
Original message
My girlfriends freeper husband has cut her grocery shopping money
 Advertisements [?]in order to keep up with gas prices. I recommend she try this recipe.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,193,137179-238200,00.html
samplegirl  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jun-08-08 10:39 AM
Response to Reply #2
4. He's telling her to go get a job!

hobbit709  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jun-08-08 10:40 AM
Response to Reply #4
6. Yeah, but a "manly" man like a freeper don't want his woman working.

alphafemale  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jun-08-08 10:44 AM
Response to Reply #4
7. Why shouldn't she get a job? Sounds like a reasonable request.
 Just askin'
samplegirl  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jun-08-08 10:50 AM
Response to Reply #7
13. She is retired...
 and wants her to live of her inheritance
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3405905#3405909

Quite a long thread.  This is by far the most pitiful story I have seen. Zero bongs for effort.

Offline MrsSmith

Re: The thinnest stretchy ever
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 07:04:20 PM »
samplegirl  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jun-08-08 11:05 AM
Response to Reply #8
19. The point being...
 He loved Bush and voted twice for him! Works for the government and now expects her to chip in from her inheritance from her mother.
Yet does not want to cut anything he likes.

---------------------------------------------

Carnea (52 posts)       Sun Jun-08-08 11:22 AM
Response to Reply #19
26. Yes he sounds like a jerk. 
 If she is paying half the bills from interest of her inheritance then he needs to STFU. But if she isn't working and won't touch her "nest egg" then they both are at fault. (It isn't much of an inheritance if a food budget will deplete it to begin with. It's not like he wants to buy a boat with it or something.)

Honestly either both sit down and work out a budget together or have one spouse in charge of spending the money and the other in charge of making it.

They are adults and sound old enough to know better.... both of them.

----------------------------------------------------------------

samplegirl  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jun-08-08 11:41 AM
Response to Reply #26
34. Sadly she should not have to dip into her inheritance
 to support them because he is a dumb ass who supports the Republican beliefs

I loved this exchange...samplegirl's friend shouldn't have to support herself because her husband is a Republican!  How classic can lib-think get??   :rotf:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 07:07:30 PM »

Lucy, I already cut back your allowances.  You got some 'splainin' to do!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 07:12:50 PM »
samplegirl   (1000+ posts)            Sun Jun-08-08 10:39 AM
Response to Reply #2

:ohnoes:

:overreaction:

I have always told my wife it is up to her whether to work or not.  She stays pretty busy with her dance classes (she is professionally trained and could be a professional if she wanted to). The important thing to me is she be happy and fulfilled no matter what she chooses.

I am old school that way -- it is the man's job to provide to support the household.  The woman should be free (absent kids) to maintain it.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline djones520

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 07:20:59 PM »
Response to Reply #2

I have always told my wife it is up to her whether to work or not.  She stays pretty busy with her dance classes (she is professionally trained and could be a professional if she wanted to). The important thing to me is she be happy and fulfilled no matter what she chooses.

I am old school that way -- it is the man's job to provide to support the household.  The woman should be free (absent kids) to maintain it.

It isn't that easy sometimes.  When we get back to the states this fall, we're gonna take a $700 a month cut in pay.  It's going to be extremely hard for us to get by on that with all the new expenses (car insurance, gas, etc...) that we don't pay as much for over here in Japan.  Basically, all of the money I'm putting into savings right now will be cut off for us to be able to break even.

My wife is gonna have to get a job if we plan on doing anything more then breaking even over the next 4 years.  My pay is certainly good enough to survive off of, but it's not good enough to save for the future on.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 08:13:13 PM »

It isn't that easy sometimes.  When we get back to the states this fall, we're gonna take a $700 a month cut in pay.  It's going to be extremely hard for us to get by on that with all the new expenses (car insurance, gas, etc...) that we don't pay as much for over here in Japan.  Basically, all of the money I'm putting into savings right now will be cut off for us to be able to break even.

My wife is gonna have to get a job if we plan on doing anything more then breaking even over the next 4 years.  My pay is certainly good enough to survive off of, but it's not good enough to save for the future on.

I should have been clearer on my situation -- I got (re-) married very late in life.  I was in my mid-30s and had been working for quite some time. My career was very much set. 

Nowadays, that is pretty rare.  I know you would do what I did if you could.  I guess my point is that it is still on us guys to do the heavy lifting, because that is our role.  It doesn't demean how we structure our partnerships with our wives -- there are a lot of different models.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 02:11:03 PM »
samplegirl  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jun-08-08 11:41 AM
Response to Reply #26
34. Sadly she should not have to dip into her inheritance
 to support them because he is a dumb ass who supports the Republican beliefs.

Really? Seriously?

►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 02:14:32 PM »
Response to Reply #2

Sorry, guess I should have added the /sarcasm tag at the end of my post.   :p

Offline SemiSpook

• Contractor Puke
  • Probationary (Probie)
  • Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There a
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 06:34:15 PM »
Well, working for the .gov, and I'm very disillusioned. I can make at least $20k more a year in the private sector.

And sorry, my wife already has a job...RAISING MY CHILDREN! The .gov should be paying her for her services rather than me paying for both of us out of mine.

Screw the village, it's full of idiots.
I would beg to differ with the notion that the current administration is *NOT* the most transparent in history. It certainly is...because you can see right through them.