Author Topic: "bouncy" versus "stretchy"  (Read 2706 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
"bouncy" versus "stretchy"
« on: June 07, 2008, 08:23:25 PM »
It's slow on Skins's island today.

Anyway, there arose an issue here yesterday, about the term "bouncy."

The origins of "bouncy" are obscure, but it's obvious that our esteemed member Mr. Wiggum, if he didn't in fact invent the term,  Mr. Wiggum greatly popularized it.

In its original meaning, a "bouncy" was a "conversion story" told by a primitive, generally about how the primitive convinced someone decent and civilized to become a primitive.....and if the story happened to have a cop jumping out of the bushes, damn, that was one Hell of a great bouncy.

And then franksolich showed up at our old home, and in his sloppiness and arrogance, used "bouncy" to describe any lie told by a primitive.  This definition included, of course, all the "conversion stories," but as the primitives tell a lot of whoppers, the "conversion stories" were but a small part.

Alas, other members who erroneously assumed franksolich knew what he was talking about, started using the word "bouncy" in the same general overall sense he was.

I dunno about anybody else, and certainly wouldn't dream of dictating language, but from now on, franksolich himself is going to use "bouncy" in its original sense, "conversion stories" told by primitives.

And as for lies of the primitives NOT involving conversion, generally being exaggerations or distortions of the personal predicaments of the primitives, well, there's that fine word "stretchy."

Try to imagine the BicentennialBoobsBaby primitive, for example, trying to stretch a pair of 40" waistline panties so as to accommodate her girth, and there you have it; that's quite a stretch, or stretchy.

And by the way, does anybody have any pictures of bouncing balls, balloons, whatnot, that they can post?  There's been some great bouncy pictures posted, both at our old home and here, but I never saved any.

However, I have no idea how one might illustrate a "stretchy."

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: "bouncy" versus "stretchy"
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 08:34:33 PM »
Bouncy:

Yesterday in the grocery line, some guy was grousing about the cost of gas. I reminded him it was because of *'s illegal war.  The guy immediately ran away while everyone in the store smiled and applauded.

Stretchy:
This morning when I got up my Obama sign was defaced with "McCain Uber Alles" spray paint all over it.  And my dog was suddenly pregnant.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 08:36:56 PM »
Those are great examples of what I mean, freedumb2003.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 08:38:17 PM »
Those are great examples of what I mean, freedumb2003.

I live to serve. :)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 08:41:12 PM »
And you do so well, and franksolich for one is very appreciative of it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 08:59:51 PM »
I would say that stretchy is a very good description of their make believe stories.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 01:02:15 PM »
I would say that stretchy is a very good description of their make believe stories.

I'm partial to just calling it Bullshit. After all it's worked for years. :-)

(ETA) the smiley to go with one.

:evillaugh:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 01:05:00 PM by Randy »

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 05:19:28 PM »
The term bouncy actually came from the poster known as "Bouncy Ball".  A nutjob teacher in Texas who posted constantly about everything in her life.  Her stories weren't necessarily all conversion stories.  Someone just started calling all the conversion stories "bouncies".

There's a thread with Bouncy Ball's "greatest hits" in the Dumping Ground.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 05:26:55 PM »
Someone just started calling all the conversion stories "bouncies".

....and some of the DUmmies adopted the verbiage.  :lmao:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 05:44:14 PM »
Someone just started calling all the conversion stories "bouncies".

....and some of the DUmmies adopted the verbiage.  :lmao:

And the DUmmies claim that they don't read conservative websites.  :lmao:

Offline jendf

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2008, 07:20:09 PM »
The term bouncy actually came from the poster known as "Bouncy Ball".  A nutjob teacher in Texas who posted constantly about everything in her life.  Her stories weren't necessarily all conversion stories.  Someone just started calling all the conversion stories "bouncies".

Whatever happened to Bouncy Ball? Anyone know?

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 09:23:24 PM »

Whatever happened to Bouncy Ball? Anyone know?

She may be posting under a different name.  Or not, no one really knows for sure.

Offline lars1701c

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 07:55:28 AM »

Dude is it a sigh of mental problems when you start talking about yourself in the third person?  :-) JK frank you are prolly the sanest person I have read on any website :D
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
~~~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 to 2005

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 07:58:56 AM »
It's slow on Skins's island today.

Anyway, there arose an issue here yesterday, about the term "bouncy."

The origins of "bouncy" are obscure, but it's obvious that our esteemed member Mr. Wiggum, if he didn't in fact invent the term,  Mr. Wiggum greatly popularized it.

In its original meaning, a "bouncy" was a "conversion story" told by a primitive, generally about how the primitive convinced someone decent and civilized to become a primitive.....and if the story happened to have a cop jumping out of the bushes, damn, that was one Hell of a great bouncy.

And then franksolich showed up at our old home, and in his sloppiness and arrogance, used "bouncy" to describe any lie told by a primitive.  This definition included, of course, all the "conversion stories," but as the primitives tell a lot of whoppers, the "conversion stories" were but a small part.

Alas, other members who erroneously assumed franksolich knew what he was talking about, started using the word "bouncy" in the same general overall sense he was.

I dunno about anybody else, and certainly wouldn't dream of dictating language, but from now on, franksolich himself is going to use "bouncy" in its original sense, "conversion stories" told by primitives.

And as for lies of the primitives NOT involving conversion, generally being exaggerations or distortions of the personal predicaments of the primitives, well, there's that fine word "stretchy."

Try to imagine the BicentennialBoobsBaby primitive, for example, trying to stretch a pair of 40" waistline panties so as to accommodate her girth, and there you have it; that's quite a stretch, or stretchy.

And by the way, does anybody have any pictures of bouncing balls, balloons, whatnot, that they can post?  There's been some great bouncy pictures posted, both at our old home and here, but I never saved any.

as requested.   :-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 09:17:22 AM »

Dude is it a sigh of mental problems when you start talking about yourself in the third person?  :-) JK frank you are prolly the sanest person I have read on any website :D

bs for not understanding Coach's style.

Offline stickyboot

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 12:22:29 AM »
...However, I have no idea how one might illustrate a "stretchy."

Offline lastparker

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 10:42:33 AM »
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 11:39:41 AM »

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.