Author Topic: another grocery store bouncy  (Read 2550 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
another grocery store bouncy
« on: June 07, 2008, 04:10:34 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3401535

Tracer  (1000+ posts)      Sat Jun-07-08 10:15 AM
Original message
This morning at the grocery store ...
 Advertisements [?]... there was a “Military Families Support Group” standing outside.

I was approached (pleasantly) by a man who joked that they were collecting “junk food” for the troops.

After a little good-natured back and forth, I said (as pleasantly as I could) “You know that if we weren’t over there, you wouldn’t have to be doing this”.

He said “I know. My son is over there.”

Then came the kicker:

He said “If this country had developed an independent energy policy, we wouldn’t need to be there.”

Damn! I’ve heard this argument/excuse more often these days -- the outright admission that we are there for the oil. Said with no apologies or regrets.

Not wanting to confront this very nice man, I simply said “I hope your son stays safe and went inside.

(I did buy snacks for their collection drive.)

Zero bongs, DUmbass. No one believes this shiite.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

Re: another grocery store bouncy
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 04:14:06 PM »
You would think their messiah coronated they could do better.

I am expecting to see a LOT of grocery store conversions -- and soon, dammit!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 04:19:16 PM »
What a DUmbazz. They totally don't get the "oil" part of it. We are not there to take their oil. We are there because every rogue oil-rich nation has us by the balls..... why? Because we can't seem to take advantage of our own oil-rich reserves because our own environmental lobby also has us by the balls. 

Am I right? Did I miss something?
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 04:23:41 PM »
NOT A BOUNCY

I go into our local Trader Joe's (see no SO in opening sentence).  55=/- aging hippie comes at me with a petition stop nuclear arms. I tell her I am all for the USA having nuclear arms but that her time might be better spent in Tehran with her petition.  She opens mouth....keeps it open..... no sound comes out....jukin gets his cart and goes to buy wine and cheese.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 04:32:40 PM »
What a DUmbazz. They totally don't get the "oil" part of it. We are not there to take their oil. We are there because every rogue oil-rich nation has us by the balls..... why? Because we can't seem to take advantage of our own oil-rich reserves because our own environmental lobby also has us by the balls. 

Perfectly stated Schade.

DUmmies hate the law of unintended consequences and do their damnedest to point the finger of guilt away.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 05:41:09 PM »

Perfectly stated Schade.

DUmmies hate the law of unintended consequences and do their damnedest to point the finger of guilt away.

When they point a finger, there's four more pointing right back at 'em . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Servonaut

• In Memoriam
  • "Memento Mori"
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 05:44:51 PM »

You get a H5 Hon.  :-*

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 06:32:31 PM »
I do have a grocery store story that happened a while ago.  Older couple in lane next to me buying various newspapers.  They told the cashier they send them to their son in Iraq so he knows what is "really going on."     It seems that the military has brainwashed him into thinking things aren't as bad as everyone thinks it is. 

All I can say is thank goodness this family can send this lad the NY Times so he can get the real story on what he is actually living through.   :whatever:

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 06:33:41 PM »

Perfectly stated Schade.

When they point a finger, there's four more pointing right back at 'em . . .

Unless those fingers are holding our nutsak.... metaphorically speaking of course, as I do not have one..... at least last time I checked.  :lmao:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 06:34:33 PM »

Perfectly stated Schade.

Thanks Carl, I like your loving... H5.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 06:35:06 PM »
NOT A BOUNCY

I go into our local Trader Joe's (see no SO in opening sentence).  55=/- aging hippie comes at me with a petition stop nuclear arms. I tell her I am all for the USA having nuclear arms but that her time might be better spent in Tehran with her petition.  She opens mouth....keeps it open..... no sound comes out....jukin gets his cart and goes to buy wine and cheese.

I hate to admit that I love Trader Joe's and adore Whole Foods (best produce around).  I can't take the Ben and Jerry crowd though.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 06:35:28 PM »

You get a H5 Hon.  :-*

I love your loving too... H5 backatcha.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 06:38:28 PM »

You have balls?...GROSS! :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 06:40:30 PM »

Sure, you wish.  :lmao:

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2008, 06:49:15 PM »

Blew my whole image of you as The Blonde Bombshell! :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2008, 06:54:44 PM »

Be not afraid. I am 110% female. I am what they call a super-female, having an extra X chromosome.  :naughty: So... it was metaphorical "balls" I was talking about.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2008, 06:55:38 PM »
I seen two wierdos in their 30's pushing an empty cart around Wal Mart today....as they were singing Christian hymns in two part harmony....

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2008, 06:57:54 PM »
Zero bongs. That bouncy fell flat.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2008, 10:57:16 PM »
Tracer  (1000+ posts)      Sat Jun-07-08 10:15 AM
Original message
This morning at the grocery store ...
 Advertisements [?]... there was a “Military Families Support Group” standing outside.

I was approached (pleasantly) by a man who joked that they were collecting “junk food” for the troops.

After a little good-natured back and forth, I said (as pleasantly as I could) “You know that if we weren’t over there, you wouldn’t have to be doing this”.

I got this far and stopped reading.  **** you, Tracer.

The USO does this every weekend.  North Carolina has a chapter that goes out to the airport to meet soldiers that are passing through or coming home.  People who actually care about others use their own time and money to show gratitude and to give thanks. 

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2008, 11:03:50 PM »
Hey Tracer, we need Pogey bait for field exercises too, you moron.  :uhsure:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2008, 11:06:55 PM »
Hey Tracer, we need Pogey bait for field exercises too, you moron.  :uhsure:

Don't you love it when clueless Libtards act like they know how we operate?

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2008, 11:10:53 PM »
Don't you love it when clueless Libtards act like they know how we operate?

I used to, but then it gets old, especially when they talk about how smart and enlightened they are.

NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2008, 11:38:12 PM »

I used to, but then it gets old, especially when they talk about how smart and enlightened they are.

I've got their "smart and enlightened" right here  :bird:
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline EastFacingNorth

• Math Geek
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 09:49:34 PM »

Be not afraid. I am 110% female. I am what they call a super-female, having an extra X chromosome.  :naughty: So... it was metaphorical "balls" I was talking about.

That's what they all say.  I'm not believin' a word of it 'til I see photo verification  :-)  :-)
Taxation if and only if Representation.

The Founding Fathers only got it half right.