Author Topic: Please y'all help me to refrain from posting there.  (Read 1190 times)

Offline soleil

Please y'all help me to refrain from posting there.
« on: July 04, 2010, 09:42:16 PM »
I was bad. I posted there. Only because I got so pissed off that I couldn't help myself. Well, in the heat of the moment, I basically got my ass handed to me by some assholes. It was me against a few. Kinda like here not too long ago and still some these days (lol!). I apparently don't respond well when I have more than one person to deal with. Shit me! I went from not posting at all, to posting a buttload in one freakin' thread. I am not even a fan of the original poster, but I so agreed with her. Especially today of all days. People are shitting all over this country over there, and I am tired of it. So I posted. Not sure if it really was a good idea at all. But I am glad to have defended this country is some way today. Happy 4th!!!!!!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8690719
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 09:46:48 PM by soleil »

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
Re: Please y'all help me to refrain from posting there.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 09:53:12 PM »
I'm glad you defended this country, but why post alongside those primitives any longer? It's an exercise in futility.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline soleil

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 09:55:01 PM »
I'm glad you defended this country, but why post alongside those primitives any longer? It's an exercise in futility.

I agree. I think it is habit more than anything. Been posting there for a long time. Gotta stop. I thought I did. I got suckered in. Dammit.

Offline longview

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 09:56:59 PM »
Try: Next time you're tempted, go play with your little one or even just watch her sleep.  That has to be more productive and better for your soul!

Offline JLO

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 09:58:26 PM »
I was bad. I posted there. Only because I got so pissed off that I couldn't help myself. Well, in the heat of the moment, I basically got my ass handed to me by some assholes. It was me against a few. Kinda like here not too long ago and still some these days (lol!). I apparently don't respond well when I have more than one person to deal with. Shit me! I went from not posting at all, to posting a buttload in one freakin' thread. I am not even a fan of the original poster, but I so agreed with her. Especially today of all days. People are shitting all over this country over there, and I am tired of it. So I posted. Not sure if it really was a good idea at all. But I am glad to have defended this country is some way today. Happy 4th!!!!!!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8690719
Thanks for posting this here.  Good job.
Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--

Offline soleil

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 09:59:27 PM »
Try: Next time you're tempted, go play with your little one or even just watch her sleep.  That has to be more productive and better for your soul!

Absolutely!!! If she weren't asleep right now, she'd be in my lap. She is my joy!! ;)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 10:07:54 PM »
I didn't see your name in that thread so I assume your name is different there?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 10:09:43 PM »
And happy 4th to you ! We just got back from the fireworks - we go down to the coast and we watch our fireworks as well as all along other coastal towns leading up the cape - such great fun !

Anyway --

DU.. fascinating, isn't it ? -- I think its because so many of the left let conservatives define them - not directly, but by our actions.

Anything a majority of conservatives approve of, DU doesn't, and vice-versa. Many refuse to acknowledge that there can be things that we can share in common, but choose not to because it makes them less anti-conservative, and therefore less 'progressive'. Defining one's self as a mirror image has turned them into parodies of themselves - ironically making most of the stereotypes that we label them with mainly true.

Many of them are decidedly anti-American - because to be Pro-American is to be too much like a Republican in their tiny little minds. So now, when we call the primitives anti-American scum, its no longer hyperbole. 'morans' indeed.

Frankly - you did good. You upset their applecart. They need to be slapped with the clue stick every now and again, especially when they become entirely offensive.

Granted, you might not survive to do it again, but I, unlike the folks in the 'big-tent' party, think it was your right to do some spleen-venting. And it's DU's right to suspend or TS you for doing it.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 10:11:03 PM »
AsahinaKimi  (1000+ posts)        Sun Jul-04-10 09:31 PM
Response to Reply #53
56. Did you read her post?
   The kind of people who used "Love it or Leave it", it being the USA, are those who used it against Minorities (of which I am one) and Women (of which I am one).

Those women who complain they don't get equal pay for equal work were simply told by right wingers, that if you don't like how the system is now, then get the hell out of the country.

Those Minorities who were told that if they didn't like how they were being treated, should do the same.

This is not difficult to understand.

Love it or Leave it was used against minorities? when?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2010, 10:11:43 PM »
You could always cook something/bake something whenever you want to post there. Don't know how old your little one is, but does he/she like cookies, or cake? I actually have/had a book called "Gross Goodies" that were oh so simple to make, but might have been to inappropriate for too young a child. Not sure.

An example of one of them would be "Earwax on a swab" You take those tiny marshmallows, stick 2 to those mini straws, heat up some caramel chips, and dip them. Let them cool, and enjoy.

Just throwing some ideas out there to help.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2010, 10:17:44 PM »
Love it or Leave it was used against minorities? when?

its like I said above - 'Love it or leave it' makes them feel too conservative and icky - therefore the phrase has be evil - so now its apparently both racist and sexist.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2010, 10:18:31 PM »
If you're who I think you are there Soleil all I can say is I wish I had a screen-name there to at least give you some support, you don't deserve to be treated the way they're treating you and it's ticking me off. Oh and you did awesome! :cheersmate:

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2010, 10:20:21 PM »
its like I said above - 'Love it or leave it' makes them feel too conservative and icky - therefore the phrase has be evil - so now its apparently both racist and sexist.

I think they're still holding a grudge that the term was used, couple that with being upset that someone would have the audacity to even say something like that to them.

Offline soleil

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2010, 10:21:34 PM »
And happy 4th to you ! We just got back from the fireworks - we go down to the coast and we watch our fireworks as well as all along other coastal towns leading up the cape - such great fun !

Anyway --

DU.. fascinating, isn't it ? -- I think its because so many of the left let conservatives define them - not directly, but by our actions.

Anything a majority of conservatives approve of, DU doesn't, and vice-versa. Many refuse to acknowledge that there can be things that we can share in common, but choose not to because it makes them less anti-conservative, and therefore less 'progressive'. Defining one's self as a mirror image has turned them into parodies of themselves - ironically making most of the stereotypes that we label them with mainly true.

Many of them are decidedly anti-American - because to be Pro-American is to be too much like a Republican in their tiny little minds. So now, when we call the primitives anti-American scum, its no longer hyperbole. 'morans' indeed.

Frankly - you did good. You upset their applecart. They need to be slapped with the clue stick every now and again, especially when they become entirely offensive.

Granted, you might not survive to do it again, but I, unlike the folks in the 'big-tent' party, think it was your right to do some spleen-venting. And it's DU's right to suspend or TS you for doing it.

That is an excellent observation, and I agree with you 100%.

Offline soleil

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2010, 10:23:22 PM »
If you're who I think you are there Soleil all I can say is I wish I had a screen-name there to at least give you some support, you don't deserve to be treated the way they're treating you and it's ticking me off. Oh and you did awesome! :cheersmate:

lol!!! Thanks! I just can't stand for haters to hate on today of all freakin' days. It is just to be an ass. No other reason. Gives some weird street cred over there.  There were 5 recs, then it dwindled down to zero. Even after that, people still rec'd, but it stayed at 0. Point is, that there are some over there that agree with the OP. The loud ones always win though. The quiet ones are afraid to speak. Sad.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 10:40:53 PM by soleil »

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 01:39:01 AM »
Happy 4th from the great state of Texas!  See- not only am I an evil nationalist, I'm also one who thinks too highly of my home state (according to the DUmp)  :tongue:

I saw you there earlier today when I was reading all the America sucks threads.  I am pretty sure many DUers  were dropped on their heads as infants. Otherwise, I have no explanation on how they come up with their bizarro world ideas on jingoism, nationalism, and the evils of being patriotic.

Good job standing your ground.   

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 03:21:00 AM »
See, I am walking down a dirt road. I come across a cattle guard. I "spy" a hornet's nest hanging off the bottom of the cattle guard. I open my zipper, whip out Mr. Happy, and piss all over the hornet's nest. The ensuing insecticide madness was truly delicious!  (yes, I really did that once)
And THAT is why I post at the DUmp.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 04:01:05 AM »

This surprises you how?

Grow a brain Nimrod! What the **** do you think WE have been telling you for the past nine years?
Your "party" is morally, emotionally, and intellectually bankrupt!

WALK INTO THE LIGHT!
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2010, 04:30:56 AM »
See, I am walking down a dirt road. I come across a cattle guard. I "spy" a hornet's nest hanging off the bottom of the cattle guard. I open my zipper, whip out Mr. Happy, and piss all over the hornet's nest. The ensuing insecticide madness was truly delicious!  (yes, I really did that once)
And THAT is why I post at the DUmp.

Fair enough. I just don't want my junk stung. I guess that's why I don't do either. Still fun to prove them wrong at every foul swoop though. :evillaugh: